When will the next Progressionserver start? :)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Druidika, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Crackers Augur

Dear God no. I would be willing to consider alternatives, but 6 months has proven to be too long. Look at Ragefire and Lockjaw, they're far less populated.

What I would love to see, but from a programming stand point probably isn't feasible, is progression flagging for expansions. So for example, keep the 3 month timer, but you cannot move onto or acquire gear from a later expansion until you've participated in specific goals. For example...

Classic - Have a character flag from defeating the Phinigel, Lady Vox, and Lord Nagafen.
    Kunark - Have a character flag from defeating Venril Sathir and Trakanon.
    Velious - Have a character flag from defeating Yelinak, King Tormax and Dain Frostweaver...

Etc...

That would allow new comers to the server to be forced to complete certain tasks and experience the server in order, while allowing those who move at a faster pace to move on after 3 months. Perhaps even throw some lower level named in the mix, such as the Ghoul Lord and the Kobold King from Classic.

The reality however is that this kind of programming is not likely to come given the limited resources. But it would be a neat solution for the next server to implement.
  2. taliefer Augur

this is a far worse idea than 6 month expansions, and 6 month expansions is a bad idea itself. a framgented population on the same server would just be terribadible.

i think 3 months per is a good rate personally. im not liking the 2 months per on phinny for no level raises
  3. Nolrog Augur

I agree. Much too long. 6 weeks would have been better. The bigger problem is that we go three in a row with no level. That's pretty harsh.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  4. Rainlover Augur

I agree; and disagree with Nolrog below you.

i like the idea of 3 months per, level increase or no. Phinny feels a bit quick for me personally. (not that i would move to anywhere else).
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a horrible idea unless you specifically bill it as a TLP Raid Server.
  6. fransisco Augur

Ya, alot of the original TLPs were raid centric. That left alot of people behind. And the fast moving unlocks really pushes more RMT (krono) farmers.

If its much slower, the people farming kronos and cash can't profit as much.