When will the next Progressionserver start? :)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Druidika, Dec 14, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

how can everything be droppable (fv rules) but multi-questing is stopped?
  2. Sad Panda Elder

This is a bad sign in MMO history. When you #1 money making tool (prog servers) stop being scheduled then the end is near!!!!
  3. Sad Panda Elder

pvp would just be a zone line camping boxers paradise. Like zek is now.
  4. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

The difference is, Daybreak would get a ton of new subscriptions out of thin air (old school pvpers coming back) other than the same riff-raff that just keeps moving from one progression server to the next. Believe me, once word got around Daybreak was launching a progression pvp server, they would have to open 2 servers from the demand.
  5. Corilleous Elder

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230627407-EverQuest-Character-Transfer-Instructions

As far as the rules say, you can transfer off Agnaar
  6. jeskola pheerie

Not sure if serious? You mean the 40 people who play on p99 pvp?
    Sendori likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

You're hilarious.
  8. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Nolrog likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

Aside from another sky is falling post, it just means they don't think they have enough players who want to leave current progression servers and start a new one.
  10. snailish Augur

11. Machentoo Augur

I doubt they will ever do this due to the different xp rates, but personally as a Phinny player, I'd welcome having transfers opened from earlier era progression servers to give us a further influx of players. Even if people are able to level up faster to 60 or 65 on Agnarr then transfer, if that brings another players to help with the inevitable server attrition, then great.
    Classified and snailish like this.
  12. slayerofbats Augur

I would love a new progression server, preferably one that is not locked in time, and doesn't have defiant armor or mercs. Also I prefer either box however you want, or no boxing at all.
  13. snailish Augur

4 progression servers currently running, only one of which has mercs. Pretty sure only one has defiant at this point too. It would be entirely reasonable for defiant armor to be moved later in progression than whenever it currently happens though (TSS armor is solid 1-75... for progression purposes the case can be made that 70 and under defiant should never appear).

Lockjaw and Ragefire do not have the limits on boxing.

Something that limits harder than the current truebox eliminates those that play from the same IP (is my understanding... others can chime in) which eliminates couples, families and/or those with internet arrangements different than "1 IP at single address". Not sure creating this is worth $ to Daybreak.

Agnarr is the only locked in time (and not likely to see another any time soon). Fippy may be stuck but it is allowed to progress if the players do the content. Phinny's rules mean it will never be stuck.

So really, Phinny is the best fit for what you want except for not being "new" (so assuming you want to do all the expacs over from original). Many voices on these forums suggest that no new progression server in 2018 is the way to go (to avoid further population splinter while the current ones are viable).
  14. Machentoo Augur

By the time defiant armor comes in, there is no reason to push it back. It helps people at low level catch up, but the group armor that is available in era is superior to defiant.
    snailish likes this.
  15. slayerofbats Augur

Thanks for the recap that helps. I mainly wanted a new one so I could start from scratch with other people, but I guess I could try to catch people up on an existing one.
    snailish likes this.
  16. snailish Augur

My memory is that defiant comes in after TSS giving the TSS quested armor a time at the best option when leveling. The point can be made that TSS armor was more than good enough to level to 70ish in, but I would concede the population on progression post-TSS probably doesn't care that when defiant happens they get really overpowered gear to level 1-70 in. The 70+ defiant simplifies a whole bunch of gear acquisition that would hold people back due to so many faction/vendor based gear expacs in there.

IF the tutorial gear is better than the lowest-tier TSS quested that is something they could look at (I don't think it is superior to the Goru'kar Mesa quested tier) just to ensure the content has its use. However this may not even be the case anyways (tutoral gear being defiantly styled better than TSS tier 1).
  17. Nolrog Augur

Agree. Which is the entire reason for defiant to be in the game in the first place.

You could argue that Gloomingdeep gear is way over powered for the ear it comes in as well, which is true, but also not a problem.
  18. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

hmm and here i always thought folks weren't supposed to be boxing , lol or that was original intent , i dont doubt they are on physical machines however we all know there are programs to put them on one screen so it makes the seperate machines mute .....
  19. Xeris Augur

I play with 3 computers. 1pc with monitor, 1 laptop with my 2nd monitor, and a 2nd laptop also on the desk. It's not elegant, but I'm literally playing 3 comps at once.
  20. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Another false assumption made by people who are against boxing...yawn