When will T4 be released.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by boukk_sebilis, Apr 28, 2013.

1. roth Augur

Well, that would actually be expected. I'm surprised that people don't realize that with the time it takes to fully realize an expansion, you guys have several in various stages of development at any given time.

Expansion 19 is still being worked on. Expansion 20 is in an earlier stage of development, Expansion 21 is even earlier, and Expansion 22 is still in the concept stage (thus the lore being developed).

The development cycle is much longer than just a few months. It is certainly considerably longer than the time that RoF had, after the Fan Faire last year, as evidenced by the fact that it still is not 100% finished ...
  2. Tweelis Augur

Dude, really? Piestro just posted a couple pages back:

3. grrrrrrrf Elder

Still no update? come on :(
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lost interested in T4, when is the next expansion with more levels and more AAs?
  5. Cicelee Augur

I read on the internet that T4 is going to be released before October 8, 2019.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  6. boukk_sebilis Augur

Maybe some news at E3? yeah as if :p
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any news on when Heart of Fear is going live?
    Nothing came from E3 other than its title, which we already knew!
    Or have we got to wait for the FANFARE in August to hear anymore?
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

And if we do have to wait until then, so what?
    I know it won't happen for obvious reasons but it wouldn't bother me at all if they surprised us with it without giving any kind of indication.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nah, I expect it will probably be out before Fan Faire aince Smokejumper said they would be announcing the next expansion at Fan Faire.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats what I thought and I really thought we would hear more at E3, its a month and a half till the fan faire and if they are planning to beta it like they did with Shadow of Fear we should get the beta announcement anytime now.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yeah, I know. I expected to be in Beta by now too. If they plan to launch it a few days before the Fan Faire I can't see that going well...not with 2/3rd of the dev team getting sauced 500 miles away if there is a problem, ;)
  12. Casidia Augur

Well imo rushing new stuff because the old one wasn't very...satisfying is a bad idea anyway.
    We will never get well thought out raids this way.
    If this kind of pressure causes them to copy raids from group missions, and all this stuff that slowly drives me away from EQ after 10+ years, then i would suggest we all shut up for now and let them work in peace.
    This whole thing is an illusion, of course most of their devs are now working on EqNext.
    I didn't think EQ1 will last this long, but people still seem to think they should get new expansions like clockworks...heck i'd love to as well, but maybe it's just time to wake up?
  13. Kelefane Augur

I cant see T4 going well for some of the top guilds, depending on its difficulty. Guilds are struggling right now #s wise. Not filling up raids. Lots of people are MIA/retired/on vacation and whatnot. Summer releases for expansion add-ons is a horrible idea. Its needed now due to how things are, but in general, its a horrible idea. Its not exactly a good idea to release an expansion add-on when guilds are at the height of the summer attendance slump.

T4 wont bring many of these folks back. No expansion add-on at all during ANY summer will.

I hope they reconsider future summer releases like this. Special events during the summer are one thing, but the end game expansion add-on is another thing entirely.

Its just another reason why staggered expansion releases are a bad idea.

Yeah, lets release the end game expansion add-on while all of the raiding guilds are struggling attendance wise! EXCELLENT IDEA!:confused:
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's not what they are doing. The raids are part of the storyline. Previously groupers would not see this, so starting in HoT they made group missions based off the raids so that groupers would also get the story.

The downside of this is that everyone already knows 90% of what is coming in the raids from doing the group version of it.

I would much rather that the storyline group missions be locked out on each server until the raid for it is beaten.
    Imrahil likes this.
  15. Tobynn Augur

Believe you've got that backwards. The group missions are simplified versions of the raid events.
  16. Elenwyyi Augur

I liked raids that were something of an epilogue to the mission lore -UF was great that way with grunkuck, brath, etc.
  17. savrin Augur

Delayed release expansion content is dumb to begin with. Especially since you have to pay up front when you know you won't see all the content for many months. We paid $40 for RoF in november and its june now. It is a ripoff plain and simple. Delaying guilds from beating the expansion is a dumb idea.

They could have polled the customers(us) and we would have screamed no, but they just decided to do this crap for lord knows what reason. Only 2 raids in t3 is fail. No doubt about it. Should have been 4-5 raids at least. I can hope only that the last t4 zones will have a total of 7+ like normal. I'm not really sure though the way this stuff is done these days.

The fact that many of the t1 zones was copy and paste from old content is pretty lame too. We really only have about 8 new zones since the others were copied from old zones. Not even touched up to look nice. The lazy coding/programming/itemization/graphic design is out of control in RoF.

I remember back in november one of the selling points for RoF was able to able to use many diffrent kinds of gear. Instead we found out they just did the laziest possible thing and make all classes gear all/all instead of having new types of gear with interesting things on them. I hope they have enough time for a new expansion honestly. There is no good reaosn imo why t4 should not be live now unless it isn't finished yet or something.
    Kelefane and EQbud like this.
  18. Tadenea Augur

many paid the money not knowing there will be any T3 or T4 to follow so its a bonus for most
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, they paid money for a full expansion, and got half of it.

Now, there isn't a predefined meaning of what constitutes a full expansion, but based on all previous ones, (with the exception of LoY which wasn't really an expansion), there is a set assumption of what you are going to get, and RoF on release day was not it.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We are also missing some of the free summer content (hardcore heritage) which is normally turned on around the end of May.

I'd rather we went back to 6 monthly expansions than this staggered content, at least then you get what you paid for.