When will T4 be released.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by boukk_sebilis, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Kelefane Augur

Hopefully they are a lot more lenient on these kinds of things.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats a raid charm, maybe you misunderstood, but what has that got to do with doing the quests and missions?
  3. Gragas Augur

They can only be maxed if you do all the quests and missions, so it's sort of a reward for doing them?
  4. Axxius Augur

But it's still a raid item. In T1/2 there were group charms that maxed off quests. In T3 there aren't.
  5. Gragas Augur

That is kind of bad then.
  6. boukk_sebilis Augur

Well until you do that maybe you could still give us some kind of eta on T4.
  7. Gragas Augur

Token of Shattered Memories and Forgotten Memories, so 2 Ea. T3 group charm progression?
  8. Axxius Augur

Oh cool, thanks. I missed those.
  9. Illusionist_Innania Augur

There were plenty of in-game clues. Just look at the portals in SL and talk to the portal tenders. That's how people knew that 2 of the final zones were going to be PoShadow and Shissar-themed. That's also how people know about the Heart of Fear and a candy-themed zone (PoMischief?)
  10. Axxius Augur

Welcome to 1 week ago ;)
    The portals showed no signs of activity and gave no clues until Dec 28. What other in-game clues have you seen at the release time?
  11. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I haven't been online in 5 months, catching up LOL

Even before any work was done on the portals, there were NPCs there who would talk about the fact that they were building the portals, and what their goals were. That was from day 1.
  12. Battleaxe Augur

Otay, here it is.

I try to look at things with enlightened self-interest - what's good for me in my situation isn't necessarily good for the game as a whole.

In the best of all possible worlds SOE would finish new content ahead of need, put it on the shelf, and release it as marketing/financial needs align with the time average players in each playstyle begins to feel the game has stagnated as indicated by their progress.

I'd personally appreciate about 6 weeks prior notice with the understanding that there can be a 2-4 weeks delay past the originally announced date.
  13. Kelefane Augur

I think that a two month notice would be good. With the understanding that there could be a delay.

Like for example: T4 will be released on August 15th. However, that date is not set in stone due to some unforeseen issues that could come up. Thanks for your time!

Unless some of us just give SOE too much credit and believe that T4 is finished or even being worked on right now. For all we know, its bare bones as we speak with zero lore yet or anything. Maybe stuff like this is why they never give us any early definitive dates.
  14. Kacman Augur

I would like to see a 12 month calendar, with the expectations of what is to be included with each month's patch. Dates listed as (TBD), until a week or two before the patch and then updated with the date. Finally, updated with patch notes, when they are finalized.

Example:

Dec-New expansion release-Frostfell/New Year's celebration-bug fixes
    Jan-Bug fixes
    Feb-Erolisi Day-Bug fixes
    Mar-Brew Day-Bug fixes
    Apr-Bristlebane's Day-Anniversay-Bug fixes
    May-Tier 3 content release-Bug fixes
    June-Living Legacy-Bug fixes
    July-Living Legacy-Bug fixes
    Aug-Tier 4 content release-Bug Fixes
    Sept-Bug fixes
    Oct-Halloween-Bug fixes
    Nov-Pre-launch events of new expansion-bug fixes

Having a tentative calendar, similar to this list, would allow us to know that certain things are on the radar each month. And months that are bug fixes only, can be where you make special content to add (i.e. puppet quest).

Every month should have something new added. Even if it is only one new quest line or mission.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Caudyr Augur

It's not a bad idea, but...the problem with a 'monthly quest/mission' line is making sure it has a good 'story'. Honestly, if they were to do this I'd want to see them focused on story rather than 'omg just kill >these mobs<'.

There is the option of having the line span several months worth of updates...but honestly, I don't know if that would be well received if they did that or not. ^^
  16. Piestro Augur

Lore for expansion 22 is being worked on. :) It could all change at a moments notice of course, but there is a plan for right now.
  17. Coruth Augur

What number expansion is RofFear again?

And if theres a switch to mini updates, are you changing the way you count?
  18. Rylaar2000 Elder

RoF is the 19th expansion. They are not going to count updates like Shadows of Fear since they are not expansions. It's just a name for their update.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are we moving away from the fear story line we currently have in expansion 22?
  20. Falos Augur

They probably should't say, otherwise Blizzard will swoop in and steal yet another idea from sony... as per the norm.

ERMEGREGED cant come up with original ideas.. *copy / paste alarans and photoshop panda skins over them*