What's the current highest level on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Rhodz Augur

Heh thats fair enough, refer to below for my take on your opinion.

[IMG]
    Steampunk likes this.
  2. Finley Augur

For some games I watch to learn a strategy they're employing, or I watch because I'm eating/otherwise occupied and can't play, or because they're just really entertaining personalities (Like Day9 for example). I personally would really not enjoy boxing an army of characters in Everquest but if I think about I can come with a few reasons why someone might ;)
  3. JethroGibbs Journeyman

I've got my team out searching far and wide looking for the highest level and potential cheaters. Looks like some thirties and they don't look to be cheating and broadcasting keys.
  4. DreamTheory Lorekeeper

Just wanted to track this, /who all highest was 35 closing in on 72 hours in. I'm sure SA has a few higher anon, these guys are running constant pots so the experience they receive is closer to 100 hours worth of maximizing exp in great group without pots
    Elkay likes this.
  5. Elkay Augur

Some will be anon, but those numbers start to put the time required to get 50 on this server into real perspective. They haven't even hit the 40-50 grind.
  6. Vaclav Augur

SA has 40's - a friend was 39 last night.
  7. Sagnid Augur

I thought you only had one friend.
  8. Nolrog Augur

There are 14 people between 30 and 36 right now. They will almost certainly be 50 before the weekend is up. So the XP rate really isn't slowing people down.
  9. Elkay Augur

It is slowing down everyone except the "elite" that will not even go to work and play 20 hours a day until they cap, no matter the cost. DBG needs to start thinking about the average player, not preventing people as stated from capping in 1-2 weeks. You'll never stop elite people from doing that without making the end game virtually unreachable by the average player.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Sometimes I wish - life would be much simpler, heh.
  11. xakanrn Augur

This.DBG did not get it in 2004 sure are not in 2015.
  12. Sagnid Augur

It's ok that you missed the pun. I don't forgive you, but it's ok.
  13. Weverley Augur

Highest i saw just before coming here is 37.Asylum and gangsta seems to have all the high level but i'm not sure they have enough people so far for naggy.Not like on ragefire when TL kill Naggy with 19 persons of which 10 we're mage.Mage population is nowhere numerous on phinny i see more monks at the top then mage.
  14. Trevalon Augur

This is exactly right. If Daybreaks goal was to stop people from downing bosses so fast (as Roshen stated) then they are going about it the wrong way. Never, in the 20 year history of MMO did slower exp hurt the hardcore like it hurts the casual. Hardcore, 50 hour a week people will hit cap whether they can it in in 1 minute or 500 hours, they will do it and they will be the first people there.

The people who are hurt by slower exp are the people who can only devote a couple hours a night. Add this with the extremely short 84 days unlock and frankly, it just puts this server out of reach of the largest majority of the population (Which is the casual one).

The saddest part, is when half the server quits as they hit their 20's and 30's and realize it is going to take them 2 months to finish getting to 50 then it will be too late. Even if DBG raised the exp rate those people won't come back, they will be lost.

I dunno, I am trying to be optimistic and me and my RL friends are just taking it slow and only playing a couple hours a day, we have made it to level 9 so far but between the 50 groups competing for spawns and the slow exp, it is going to take hundreds of hours to get to 50...I am not sure if either of my friends will stick around that long and frankly I am not sure if I will either. I guess well see what happens over the next week.
    Elkay likes this.
  15. Elkay Augur

I commend your will to just push forward. I'm just concerned that they'll actually put their foot down and leave the XP as is. I'm not willing to invest the time right now until I see for sure what their plan is. No point in putting the time into a character on a doomed server with their record for allowing transfers.

With all the obvious uproar on the forums, if they don't announce something the first couple days this week, it's probably not coming in time to save the healthy population of the server and I will have saved myself wasting time. I already canceled my accounts until I see how it pans out.
  16. Trevalon Augur

Oh don't get me wrong, I have also cancelled my accounts and if things are not better within a few weeks I will either go back to LJ or I will go play another MMO. If they up the EXP rate to a reasonable level so it won't take 7 or 8 weeks to hit 50, then I will happily resub my accounts, but people say you should vote with your wallet, so I did.

But I will continue to attempt to play, but that is becoming harder, one of my RL friends tonight said he is no longer going to play because of the EXP rate, so I am down to just me and 1 other friend and I am not sure how much longer he is gonna last either.
    Elkay likes this.
  17. Auedar Elder

1. Everyone knows that raiding the same mobs over and over again is boring as .
    2. The majority of the challenge in "nostalgic" everquest was leveling.
    3. How many players complained on Lockjaw/Ragefire several weeks after they "completed" raid content.

The logic behind slower experience is to have most players having 3-4 weeks of raiding for each expansion, because in all honesty raiding the same mobs over and over from a 16 year old game can get boring. They probably saw how fast the subs dropped after people on Lockjaw/Ragefire saw after being bored of current raid content having "x" amount of weeks before the next expansion for new content.

Leveling will go faster as soon as people have gear, or we have druids and clerics and other guildies to help powerlevel others. Since I'm playing casually, around 15 hours a week, it will take me several weeks to hit 50, and therefore to raid. I'm okay with that. I'm sure that Daybreak will be fine when they don't see people's subs dropping from the being bored of raid content, or at least to the extent that they have already seen on previous TLPs. If you don't like the experience gain, there is EVERY OTHER SERVER and TWO other TLP servers you can play on. I'm sorry you didn't reach 50 by the first weekend to be the first to kill dragons that most of us have killed dozens of times over. Enjoy the experience, because no matter what happens, someone will always complain about something.
  18. Ducreux Augur

44 /thread
  19. Mwapo Augur

Close it up boys.
  20. Trevalon Augur

Whats your /played
    Elkay likes this.