What's the current highest level on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Miss Shortcake Elder

I need a server that also makes me 15 years younger so I don't have to worry about a full time job and bills and can play the required amount of hours every week.
  2. EQ1999 Elder

Yeah this is a different time for me than having all the free time of a teenager. I really wanted to play on this server, but until the exp rates are changed I'm going to take a break from the game altogether. RF is dead, and at this rate the population on Phinny will burn out as well (at least based on my anecdotal evidence of in-game conversations of those around 15-30).
    Elkay likes this.
  3. -wycca Augur

4 mag, clr, enc. No combos with any bonus of any sort. Despite what the forum warriors state, mage pets had a significant nerf - it wasn't mitigation, it was that their hp was roughly cut in half across the board. Made things more interesting as a cleric at least.

For half of us these aren't our mains - we'll be leveling them up soon, although we're certainly not doing so naked =P.
    Elkay likes this.
  4. -wycca Augur

I have a full time job - even put in 30hrs of overtime the week before launch - have two paid-off cars, a mortgage, and a family. Everyone's got different life circumstances, but don't think we're all some unemployed basement dwellers just because we have a week or two where we can focus on a hobby.
    Elkay likes this.
  5. EQ1999 Elder

I don't think he was making that assumption, just that for his own personal situation (like my own) we cannot make the time we were able to back then.

That's awesome that you guys were able to do that. It might be harder for most to get that sort of time to commit than it was for you guys is what I think the message is. i.e. agreeing with you that the current exp rate is non-sustainable for the long-term health of the server.
    Finwen likes this.
  6. EQ1999 Elder

Is anyone else like me thinking about how horrific 51-60 will be for casuals given how 1-50 are right now? It will take a month or more to get 10 levels. That alone was depressing enough to stop me on Phinny at level 15 thinking - why on earth do I want to grind through this even slower on a 3rd server start?
  7. -wycca Augur

True, good point.

Yea, it's totally non-sustainable. I actually sort of suspect it was done due to some issues with the raid instancing that they didn't have time to fix. A really easy solution to avoid this was to simply make sure nobody got to it before it could be fixed. Viola, patch a week later to fix the lockouts, defiant gear dropping, planar issues, 2 loots per instance, etc. Remember, true box code wasn't even working quite right the day before the patch last week, so they had their hands full with just that. All of that would also explain why it wasn't announced at all...because it wasn't planned.
  8. Sagnid Augur

Akensous here, one of the Mages in this legendary group checking in.

Exp rate is a tad harsh. I believe a small increase would help out. I don't believe anyone here is looking for Ragefire, test or live rates. But someplace in the middle, or a tad more tailored curve in the low end would be nice.
  9. Iyvy Augur

Honestly I'm fine with the exp. I'd rather spend most of my eq time dungeoning and grouping. EQ raids sort of suck prePoP
  10. Finley Augur

I've changed my mind personally. I was pretty happy all the way into my mid 20s, but it definitely feels like too much now. If I ONLY wanted to take to Finley to 50 I'd still probably feel fine about it, but my second account going to lapse soon and I'll prob just leave it, don't think I can stomach leveling up a second char.
  11. Coach_Kegadin Augur

AKA Jozz, Pigsnout, Gloinz, Shadysback, etc...
  12. Sagnid Augur

If you believe it's me, prove it and my guild will remove me. Better yet, prove it and the GM's will suspend me.

All these posts make you look like are the jealous second rate group you are.

PS: Gunners are a horrible waste of money. Also, do you vape?
  13. Coach_Kegadin Augur

It's ok kid. You were scared shitless that we were going to beat you to 50 and rightfully so.
  14. Sagnid Augur

At the skill level you are playing at. There is a good chance my main will also beat you to 50.
  15. DreamTheory Lorekeeper

Can those that were in the first to 50 push, who wrote their opinions about the exp grind here, please post the same post in the top thread by Rosen with the hopes that some of the team reads them