what vote won?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by toxist, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper Lorekeeper

We had the vote, no way six mothers will out perform asap and three months combined, so this talk is pointless. But for God's sake, release the results, you don't have to wait until the runoff poll is worded to do so.
    Indigo likes this.
  2. Indigo Augur

Maybe we need to start a dozen threads to get some action.
  3. Rhiyannon Augur

as i said before in a previous post, no one will be happy anyhow, so the poll doesn't really matter. a vote would have more impact. a poll doesn't need to be acted on, a vote shoould be.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

I'm sorry but could you point to where they said this was not a simple poll and that the option with the most votes wins not that it has to beat both other options?
    McGuinness likes this.
  5. Indigo Augur

Don't be dense. If more than 50% of the server want a change from the 6 month madness, we should get it.
  6. taliefer Augur

someone tweet Holly, maybe we'd get a response then~

im guessing they are working on some lengthy post again, spinning the results one way or the other for whatever decision they make. the way the poll was done, you could spin the results either way without much effort.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That is exactly what they are doing... Hence the cryptic poll how it was setup etc...
  8. Barton The Mischievous

Sorry let me rephrase, Can anyone point out anywhere, how DBG said they would interpret this poll.

Simple Majority- whatever got the most votes wins?
    More than 50% or we have a run off?

I voted for 6 months, It is what I personally wanted.

However as far as I can tell DBG has left it as open ended as possible so they can share the results and make them work how they want regardless.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

It's been confirmed that if both "early" options combined beat the six month vote we will most likely see a second vote to decide between the early options.
  10. Hexaholic Augur

They said they will release said numbers on the 1st, on their homepage news.
  11. beyrak Augur

Holly hasn't tweeted in days. Usually you could count on her for updates as God knows we don't get them here. But seems Holly has been hushed too.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Or they could have just set it up in a way that after the vote announcement, any new character made after would not be able to vote, any character made before can vote regardless of level.

Then again EQ wasn't the smartest when it came to retaining customers.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

I cant find that got a link to it?
  14. gander Augur

No, nothing there other than the raid patch news. You swing and miss.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

Are you talking about the conversation someone posted from Holly ? If that is what you are refering to We have a difference of opinion on what she meant by what she wrote
  16. taliefer Augur

Nah, he's obviously just TL's pocket GM, and was tryin to drive up homepage clicks for the game he works for.

note:sarcasm
  17. Protocol Dragon Defender

You'd have to point me to that post for me to confirm if that's what I was talking about tbh.
  18. Kunon Augur

The people saying that we will never know the true results of the poll are correct. The poll could be 80% for one option, but in the end it comes down to their decision on what will retain the most subs. They likely have more tools at their disposal to break down the results of the poll.

That said, there is a significant portion of the vote that they would likely remove and not consider. Those being the votes of players from other Live servers. They could rightly assume that regardless of their decision they will retain those players (and their subs) even if they stop playing on the TLP servers.

That leaves only counting (and caring) about the votes of those that are subbed specifically for playing on the TLPs. Those are the numbers they will base their decision off of and then they have to figure out exactly what they will say and how they will say it regarding the 'results' of the poll and what they will do moving forward. They have several options available and regardless of the direction they go in they also have to have built in damage control to the announcement so it will take a while.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  19. gander Augur

If you are using some commonsense, it would have been clear what she meant..
  20. Zapsos Augur

Because posting raw poll data is clearly what the masses want, no one would expect them to also follow them up with concrete plans of when / what happens next, nuh oh... If they just posted "Option X won by Y%" Everyone would be happy and never complain again.

Give me a break, I would rather have real useful information when they have it than some rushed bull-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.