What if we had a new race or a new class?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would go for more Heritages.

Half-Elf? Dark, High, or Wood options.

Distinguish Humans between Freeport and Qeynos.

Playable Coldain and new Volcano dwarves.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Forget races and classes. What this game needs is a shift from stodgy "G" rated to "R". In the nearly 20 years of this game's progression social norms have moved quite a distance. As I recall those early developers were accused of pandering to a 13 year old male audience. Think back to the first time you saw a "naked" DE chick! Heck, since you don't lose your gear on death any more you hardly see a naked anything! New, more jiggly, character models are in order!
  3. Ghanur New Member

Class consolidation!

Since they barely can handle content for classes outside the "Holy Trinity of EQ", let's start to remove all those not needed ones.

16 classes in game, 6 needed to form a group, so remove 10 of them.

1. Since the introduction of Yellow Mana, the true blue mana hybrids are no longer needed. 4 down, 6 to go.
    2. Berserkers where never asked for. Give their group buffs to Warriors and remove this marketing stunt. 5 down, 5 to go
    3. Who needs Monks? remove them, give Rogues an advanced evade to faster split their pulls. 6 down, 4 to go.
    4. Bards are overpowered, their AE songs make content far to easy. Remove them from game. 7 down 3 to go.
    5. We only need one healer, the Cleric. Druids are not needed, Shamans overrated. 9 down, 1 to go.
    6. Merge Mage and Wizard to Sorcerer. 10 down, we're finished.

And don't forget to remove slow from game, it's game breaking.

This leaves: Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, Enchanter, Sorceror and Necromancer.

Give all players who played one of those phased out classes a one time morph to one of the remaining classes, with equal gear and all AA points to spend new and all keys/flags they have.

It will be much easier to design content.

( I wrote this back in 2006 ;) )
  4. redline Lorekeeper

Eqoa (old PlayStation game for everquest) introduced a alchamist a few years after it started so it can be done.

A potion throwing plate wearing aoe caster. Main damage was throwing potions at mobs, could stand back and throw healing potions and buff potions on players. It's epic would turn the player into a ogre and give it a hp buff with health over time.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Agreed! Actually I kind of already play one, in D&D. I have a Gnome Sorcerer with Draconic Heritage so he basically is a Gnome with patches of dragon scales all over him. I guess it's more like a Gnome version of a Drakkin, but close enough.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Pathfinder >> DnD... ;-)
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

5E all the way. :p
  8. Scila Augur

I'd rather they fix what's messed up and not overthink or overreach the classes without thinking it through (think mana cost vs dps cost in druids and shamans currently) than a new class.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Noooooooooo :-D
  10. Critts Augur

As I have stated before Troll Wizard, Iksar Wizard, Barbarian Enchanter!!!
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No, double no, and no.
    Critts likes this.
  12. Gnomereaper Augur

Questions then:

1. Is it ever possible to get new skins for faces and new hair styles on the Luclin models and Drakkin model?

2. Is it possible to use the shroud system in a PVP system, where we can become monsters and versus other people? It's probably the only way to create new classes within a system that doesn't necessarily have to be totally balanced.

Gelantinous Cubes running around the arena fighting each other. Equally having the challenger system similar to Everquest 2 or otherwise Pokemon.

Capture, train and raise gelatinous cubes. Is this possible? (As a serious question).
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's sometimes difficult to go into detail without sounding critical. The short answer is no, none of those things are really plausible to happen. While they may be, in theory, possible.

DBG is simply too short handed and have other initiatives that take priority over these kinds of ideas that are high on work required and no kind of direct gain to the company.
  14. Yimin Augur

You must be playing a different EQ then me , cause you for sure could of been a dark elf Druid in EQ1 ...

YiMin
  15. Leigo You come here often?

I get the "new" class stuff.. But new races would be were its at and possibly opening up classes to races that cant be that atm..
    As for home cities etc.. A lot of mobs already have some form of home city. Take RoF.. we could have had aliens! Home city could have been pillars or something along those lines.. There's already a lot in EQ to work with, we don't need to add more, just give whats here. thousands of races that already exist in the game begging to be unlocked for player use.

oh and /wave Ngreth
  16. Brunlin Augur

Darkelf Bards would just be cool
    Darkelf Ranger because Drizzt
    Halfling Necromancer for laughs
    Highelf Necromancer or SK (The mighty have fallen)
    New ideas could be just more hybrids.. Illusionist and Bladesinger comes to mind a Enchanter/Rogue and a Wiz/War...Ill just plant the seed and lets someone smarter than me flesh them out.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Warriors and Enchanters don't usually play well together. One wants to tank everything one wants to make nothing tanked.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

New races, no.

New classes, no.

New race/class combinations? Just don't waste development time going back and adding junk in the original zones then sure, why not.

Its a matter of priorities. When we get 5-6 zones and a handful of raid and group missions, it is not at all worth the time investment.
  19. svann Augur

Id like droga goblin for their racial ability - instant cast long range spin-stun.
    Critts likes this.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There has never been such a thing as a dark elf druid. The likely explanation is you were around a lot of druids that had a Guise of the Deceiver.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.