What if we had a new race or a new class?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Some of the races could be pretty easy art/animation-wise: shadowed men, willow-wisps and doppelgangers for example. :p Would be tricky with heroes forge on wisps though.
  2. fransisco Augur

back in classic the mask of the deceiver was all/all so people could always be a dark elf. However, druid was never a class choice for dark elves. Otherwise there would be some around still today
  3. Quatr Augur

I was going to say "OMG, that's amazingly horrible design!", but then I remembered some things that I designed 20-30 year ago... Never mind, carry on!
    Rijacki and Prathun like this.
  4. Yimin Augur

The simple fact is you could of been a Dark Elf Druid , because way way back in 1999 for the first few weeks you could of been a Dark Elf Druid ...
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No, you could not have. It is not a fact. You are wrong. Nobody else in the world will agree with you. I was there on day one too. There has never been a Dark Elf Druid.

The druids you are thinking of had a Guise.
    Quatr likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1. Only the Drakkin :( so "not fair" to only do for one.
    2. Ouch. Possible but not a light amount of work
    pokemon in EQ has been considered, but ... time!
    yup!
    Quatr likes this.
  7. Risiko Augur

On the subject of new race class combo.... Gnome Monk... Fist Below Clan! That is all.

On the subject of it being highly complex to add a new class to the existing code... *cough* Everquest 3 *cough*
  8. Numiko Augur

Could you not use the hero's forge system to just alpha out the old models and present new one? if it can be done for armor, which can blank out the head and present it as a full helm, it should also work for showing new heads / faces and hair styles.
  9. Ninelder Augur

Instead of tail strike they get nut punch!
    Leigo and Herf like this.
  10. Herf Augur

Sarnaks.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Bobbleheads!
    Brunlin, Koryu, Numiko and 1 other person like this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

[IMG]
  13. Numiko Augur

we need a LOL button added to these forums right next to the Like one. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

We've already been given luchador masks and Nagafen hats, with a cactus cap coming Soon™...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. gotwar Gotcharms

Merge Necro into Cleric and Enchanter into Sorcerer, with locked AA trees to specialize into each class, and then boom,

We just made Everwow (TM).

I'll take my pile of theoretical money in the form of new hero's forge hats, thanks.

/s?
  16. Blackburrow23 Elder

Might as well make class/race available for none traditional pairs. Call these "Outcast" characters that only spawn in CR and have no lore justifying their heresy.
  17. Critts Augur

Oh oh wood elf Necro!!
  18. Nilwean Elder

We had that until the last.patch.... :(
    Genoane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.