What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Too bad the latest test patch notes don't have that you can make the hot bar any length of boxes you want...you know so we could make it the same size as the potion belt, which was removed for no reason at all (that they will tell us anyway).
    Yinla, xcitng and IblisTheMage like this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Also there is this, which might address the issue some mages were talking about with having some summoned clicky items on the potion belt:

- Updated /useitem to accept item names:
    - - Specifying the full name of an item will now allow you to activate it directly without having to ensure the item is in a specific inventory slot.
    - - This functionality now allows items in your key rings to be activated with the /useitem command.

There might still be an issue with seeing the number of charges on those kinds of items though.
  3. Horyuken Augur

Fanra, what are you talking about? all hot bars are potion belts now, so just find a bar with 4 open spaces and it's the exact same thing. Seriously do you people just complain to complain?
  4. Warpeace Augur

Now your just complaining. Fold the bar so you have 2 rows of 6 and its almost the exact same size the potion belt was. Sure the buttons are a bit smaller but you now have 12 options and not the old 4.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't want 2 rows of 6. I want one row of 5 like it was before.

And now I'm just complaining to complain? No, I'm asking that something that everyone I talk to liked that was taken away for no reason be restored. If they won't restore it for "reasons" then give us the same abilities including the ability to not have 12 buttons taking up space in the top middle of my screen where the potion belt was.

If the difference doesn't matter to you, fine. It does to me and to others. You do not have the right to disrespect my valid complaint.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Yinla and xcitng like this.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

for this thread

[IMG]
  7. Horyuken Augur

Fanra are you a software engineer? Do you understand that in order to make improvements things need to change. All I hear is that people want eq to be modernized and for things to change, but when they do people flip out!

The potion belt was a waste of space and it's existence used resources. They gave you an UPGRADE in the forum of combining the potion belt features with EVERY hot button. They're giving you more and more performance upgrades each patch and you're holding on to a feature that has been outdated and upgraded, give me a break!
  8. xcitng Augur

this is bs, they had no good reason to take away the potion belt, the hotbar is not the same, size and other functions are not fixed ... i am really upset that they are not listening to the many of us that want our potion belt, and ALL of the functions it had, back
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Horyuken Augur

Xciting have you looked at the patch notes today ?
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just because they won't tell us the reason doesn't mean there wasn't a reason. It's likely that it was seen as redundant functionality now that hotbars have more functionality than they used to. Why maintain two things that perform the same function? With the next patch there will be very few things the potion belt did that that the hotbar can't do.

Also, I should mention that I always hated that you couldn't clear an item from the potion belt once dropped there. You could overwrite it, but not clear it. So I ended up with a belt full of cloudy potions just so it didn't show red shaded options of things I didn't need anymore.

I get why people are upset, but not why some are excessively upset. It sucks to lose something you liked, but the functionality is still there and you can re-org your UI to make things fit as needed.
  11. xcitng Augur

yes, i looked at the patch notes, that is why i say this is bs
  12. xcitng Augur

you could always clear the potion belt, if you had just opened the little ? at the top it told you how
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Too much common sense, logic and/or maturity for Forum-Quest, sir. None of these things have a place here.

#CancellingMy37GoldAccounts #NorrathianSince1978 #DevsHateMyClass #HungerStrikeTime #ValidComplaints
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. segap Augur

That solution also assumes you don't have other things that use the borders of the screen.
  15. Lianeb Augur

I am glad they got rid of the potion belt. It never quite fit right into my UI since it was an odd number of spaces.

I would rather have what they have done to the hotbars.
    Way more functionality than a potion belt that was limited to 5 slots. Now i can put all the potions and clickies i carry in one or more hotbar with all the functionality of the potion belt. Also on the plus side i do not have to worry about if the item is potion belt flagged or not.

#don'tbringitback
    #potionbeltdead
    #awesomechange
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. xcitng Augur

some ppl here never cared about the potion belt, it's size or other functions ... that's fine, but MANY of us did/do care and feel that they don't care about us that don't want 11 hotbars, and are upset they took away something we like very much
  17. Lianeb Augur

Psst
    The potion belt was a hotbar and a very limiting one at that.
  18. xcitng Augur

limiting in your opinion, and it was not a 12 slot hotbar, it also had functions they are not replacing
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

NO it is a DOWNGRADE - you cannot drop things into it direct and it is far to big to fit where it went previously.

The need to make socials to make things work is also a DOWNGRADE especially when we are lacking in social keys compared to hotbar slots.
  20. xcitng Augur

i am going to start letting most of my accounts go silver when their all access time runs out ... have never done that but i'm tired of the way they are treating so many of us as if we don't matter ... they can go ahead and cater to the elite raiders and power ppl that use/want 11 hotbars