What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Lianeb Augur

I wasn’t gloating, I am sorry I get petty negative on these boards when I read them.

So this whole thread can be summed up like this
    Had the potion belt taken away
    Were given a new hotbar instead that lost some functionality
    Most of the functionality is returned, but not to one hotbar but ALL hotbars
    Lost the ability to autoinventory items
    Told how to resolve that with a /autoinventory social
    Don’t have room for anymore socials in game can you give us more to compensate
    Don’t want 12 buttons it takes up to much room
    Told how to resize a hotbar so it can take up less room than the original potion bar
    Resize will not work cause my eyes are not what they used to be.
    Told how to modify the hotbar that was given to make it only 5 buttons
    Can’t be bothered with modifying UI files

I think that pretty much sums up this whole thread.
    But I was gloating I guess because I love the fact they gave us almost all of the functionality of the potion for all my hotbars and I love the fact that I don’t have a UI piece that acted like a hotbar but was stupid restricted as to what I could put on it
    Geroblue, Sheex and Dythan like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

He is right though, on the software engineering part.

Expect a lot of changes to the UI going forward, as they Refactor the code to make future overhaulls of the UI possible. I suspect that there was some tech debt in the Potion Belt that they wanted to get rid of.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Me also.

Or a cangaroo.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I sympathize with some of the arguments about limited space, but this really shouldn't be a big issue at modern screen resolutions. I played at 1440x900 for a long time and it was tough to squeeze everything in. But at this point, anybody playing at or above 1680x1050 should have a decent amount of room. At 1080p (1920x1080) there really is no issue with having a bunch of hot bars and chat boxes on your screen with plenty of room to see past them to play the game.

If they implement an auto-inventory function when dropping an item on the hot bar, that would be the last major piece that was missing.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

I think anyone silvering over changes in EQ are overdue for a break from the game, to get some perspective on the important things in life.
    FubarEQ and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  6. Geroblue Augur

And as I have been doing, others can to, I use F-10 to show/not show the UI if I feel I'm being blocked by all the windows.

Great for going across a zone. I know which number is mleee and what spells go off with what number. So I don't need the UI to be up constantly.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your probably right here, I think at times we all need to take a step back and look at what we have, go do something else and take a look at things with fresh eyes.

We have hot bars that mostly do what the potion belt did. It satisfies most but not all. I've found a work around for what it still doesn't do its not perfect but it works for me.

I have my own ways of dealing with my frustration from destroying all Wyverns in Cobalt Scar (been doing this since level 54!) and creating a new alt and destroying the Mines of Gloomingdeep with a new alt wielding a Blade of Carnage or a smoldering brand!

But I really should go check test and see what hot keys if any will need remaking when this goes live. Forearmed is forewarned.
    IblisTheMage likes this.