Waiting for SoL

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aenoan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

lol this.

because dem exp pot sales.
  2. Aenoan Augur

The only way they are really gonna listen is when you start hitting them where it hurts, start taking the food from their tables -- cancel your accounts or close them let em run out the month and what not. But for now...
    We can use this thread to chat about games we ENJOY playing. :D
  3. Galdous Augur

If they start toying with the server and allowing boosted characters on progression servers I will show my disdain with leaving live again. Whether or not I am the only one I can only speak for myself.
  4. DariyaVika Augur

Already canceled my second account. Was going to level up a necro to play with my bard but I just can't be bothered to do it when I know how long it will take with Phinny xp rates. I'm only one person, but their income from me just halved. Maybe it will be better to just cancel my main account until Luclin comes out so that I can welfare spots in groups of 60s grinding aaxp who are desperate for any kind of groups haste and mana regen. :) I'm 45 so I can group with them for xp :)

On Phinny right now it feels like there is a gap, during Euro primetime when I play at least, between 40-50. More often than not, I just log off after 20 minutes because I can find better ways to entertain myself than running between CoM/Seb and Velks trying to find a spot.
    Aenoan likes this.
  5. Galdous Augur

You just answered your own question as to your issue. If you are that passive about looking for a group instead of forming the groups it will be as you said. Two nights ago I could not fill a full group up on one of my alts but I did get a druid and necro at my level and we went to town at orc hill going from 5-9 in about 3 hours. That was just with 3 people. Your mileage may vary I guess. Good luck and see you in luclin then.
  6. DariyaVika Augur

Why do you assume I'm passive about getting groups? I use all of the methods available, except that I'm not going to buy ports to EJ from GD, or vice versa, just to sit in the ooc channel of the dungeon trying to get a group if one isn't available.

I'm talking about getting groups at 40+, not newbie groups where you absolutely don't need a tank or healer. You don't really need a tank/ranger until you hit lguk. There's the LFG tool, there's /who all lfg, there's checking the general/regional chat channels. There's sending tells to people who match the criteria of an appropriate spot. Once you've done these things, all you can do is wait around.

I'll admit to having low patience, but if the xp wasn't so bad on Phinigel then people would be doing more non-optimal groups in places like Burning Woods giant fort to level through the 40s. As it is, people group in dungeons almost exclusively past 35, because the xp anywhere else is so slow you might as well just do something else.
  7. Galdous Augur

That is a valid point. It is true that some people will not join optimal groups in the highest of xp locales. Of course there are issues but yes I assume that most people are lazy about forming groups because I see it every day. Blah blah lfg will travel. Then followed 20 seconds later by another person or two near same level blah blah looking for group please.

But yes a lot of non dungeon zones seem to almost punish you for xping at which perhaps daybreak can make more viable. But the non optimal xp is not as bad as you make it out to be. Had a duo with a friend back with my paladin before I hit 60 just killing iksar at a camp outside of city of mist waiting for a group to form. We spent about two hours and gained about a 4th a level. Not staggering at 37 but progress is progress and I was satisfied at the xp gain for the night with a friend.
  8. Tomtee Lorekeeper

I am in a guild that does not really compete that often for open world spawns, although we do get a few.

We clear every instance every week in SoV, minus like Velks.

I can tell you that the burnout is real even for guilds who are just doing their weekly clears. The raids have already gotten stale and they just take a LONG TIME - especially when you consider fights like Vulak & Lady M. We've seen raid attendance drop from being full -raids with no alts because we have too many mains, to not even filling the raid with all of our alts online. The fact that we have 12 more weeks to go leaves me a bit worried.

Most loots that people still need in our guild are the highly contested ones - vulak, tunare, ct, etc. - stuff that lots of people need that can be used by many classes. Encounter that drop class specific stuff are to the point where they will start going to alts.

I personally just log on for raids, as I have two chars I play that are both max 60 with buffer. I only need a few loots from SoV at this point and they are all highly contested pieces, so my chances of getting loot has drastically gone down on a per raid basis. Not sure I will make it to Sept. 28th without some type of break, personally.
  9. Bewts Augur

Um. You'll get beastlord soon enough. In, uh Luclin in a few months.

You'll be fine until then. Farm up twink gear for em if you plan to main one, reserve their name if you haven't. I know my BL's name is reserved and once I finish the 6-armed Ranger Bot I'll begin collecting things for the BL. Hell, you can even get a Dain ring setup for the BL.

The only drawback is that you cannot faction armor for em.

I'd love to main a BL myself, but I'm 109% positive guild leadership would deny that request to stop maining a cleric.

And, if you play a really boring raid class like oh, an Enchanter, put together a DPS alt to help your friends and guild out.

There's plenty to do in Velious to prep for Luclin and eventually PoP.

Don't be so hasty; although I see no reason outside of nostalgia that Zerkers/BL couldn't be available in classic.
  10. Seraphix Elder

Dude, you're STILL one-man-army on the anti-experience crusade? +1 for hanging in there though. There are actual, real life examples in this thread (and hundreds of others) of people mentioning how the low experience rate has stifled guild membership and killed alt creation. Those are facts. Indisputable. I'm a living example. I'm only resubbing because the experience weekend makes Phinny BARELY viable for leveling. My friends? I cannot convince them to do the same. Again, more real, tangible examples. And again--accelerated experience is a victimless crime. Your constant crusading against something that will cause pretty much NO ONE to leave the server and simultaneously increase subs and population are ... honestly, just weird.

PS: Your responses are almost universally hostile and full of hyperbole... while you go on and on about how others are hostile and use hyperbole.
  11. Galdous Augur

Mayhap you give me specifics and I will gladly rebuttal your claim example by example. I can give as many examples of people who play and enjoy the game as is and the real truth of the matter is you only complain when you are upset with circumstances. Those people will not post stating they are having a fine time because traditionally people who are happy with the game do not post... Make this another live/instant gratification server and you will see a real Exodus. I am sorry you are offended but just because people put words in my mouth and I come back to clarify my view on issues I am not sure how you take that for hostility.
  12. Seraphix Elder

Let me give you an example of a polite dissent:

"You know, I don't mind the slow experience because I have a lot of friends and a big support network of people who play the game with me so I'm ok with things the way they are. I can see, however, how it's tough for many others with less time to play or those who play mostly alone as slower experience negatively impacts their enjoyment of the game."

But you never say anything like that. You TELL people how they should play the game. You INSIST there is something WRONG with them and that they should LEAVE THE GAME or play on ANOTHER SERVER that doesn't meet their needs. You'd rather have this server alone, to yourself than make a concession (which has literally ZERO impact on you) that would bring joy to someone else. I will leave it to others to decide why you act this way.
  13. Hdizzle Augur

We all know how this story ends... Exp rates will be raised but after phinny is no longer viable to start fresh on (new server, new tlp, too far along in expansions, etc).

It amuses me how DBG offers a TLP server with instanced raiding, faster unlocks and traditional boxing; then decreases exp so it takes longer for toons to reach an appropriate level to raid the instances. Seems counter intuitive /shrug.

Is it impossible to raid and level alts on Phinny? Nope. But like all DBG projects it seems very Two steps right, three steps left.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  14. Seraphix Elder

They were THIS close to perfection. But they can't ever seen to do something completely right.
  15. Galdous Augur

But yet increasing the xp mod would be counter productive to the server. Those who want to rush rush and be rewarded for less work will leave anyhow. Why even talk about this when the Devs have said its not happening?
  16. Hdizzle Augur

What else can we do waiting for SoL? :p

If all the content is instanced, having people quickly and efficiently reach endgame is a positive for the server. When mains are all geared out maybe more people will level alts instead of their forum accounts. Maybe those alts make finding mid level groups easier? Maybe this feedback is completely ignored?

You've made it abundantly clear in multiple threads you don't agree and/or refuse to acknowledge the fact slowing exp gain serves no real benefit except maybe to slow people from trying to use Broken AoCs.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  17. Seraphix Elder

EVERY PERSON that doesn't agree with Galdous about experience rates on one TLP server:

1) wants to move too quickly.
    2) does not work hard.
    3) is flaky.
    4) is predictable.
    5. is lazy.

But you like to stay on topic, right? Note how those disagreeing with you on this topic aren't attacking YOU as a person? You should try that.

Famous last words of an MMO dev: "We will never __________________." People don't necessarily bring something up because they think it will change--though it sometimes does. They talk about it because when something is obviously ridiculous and affects a lot of people, it will be a hot topic.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  18. Hdizzle Augur

We were never getting instancing either...

Anyway, waiting for SoL is a great time to finish TBM group progression :)

The nerfed exp was never announced, it was not kindly received when discovered, and noone really made a big deal because we were so stoked about the instancing and no mage armies. Now that we are at a level plateau (think this is bad, wait for the 70 plateau /shudder) people are bored and the flaws in the server are more obvious. It would be nice to level up a few alts to play on but I have been in original - velious zones for about 15 months now counting Ragefire.
  19. Adonhiram Augur

Agreed, point taken ) that said, with the shorter time frame on TLP servers and the obvious instructions large guilds will give to their members, shards camping will be an intense occupation the first two weeks I suppose. We already had some examples with VP key quest on Kunark release.
  20. BulletCatcher Journeyman

Why aren't you all on the DBG team. Clearly you all have all the right answers and know / fully understand all the business cases behind each decision. You could not play if you don't like it that much.