Waiting for SoL

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aenoan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. AgentofChange Augur

There are some people who have cleared:
    - NToV 3-5 times a week for 6 weeks
    - Cleared Growth 3-4 times a week for 6 weeks
    - Farmed WToV & HoT repeatedly during their minimal downtime
    - Farmed Kael repeatedly for faction
    - Killed the AoW cycle 4-5 times a week for 6 weeks
    - Worked on their Shawl/ring quest etc

I'm sure there are other things they have done, but just looking at the above it is not hard to imagine some people burning out or growing tired of Velious
  2. Galdous Augur

Daybreak has stated they are not changing the exp pace on Phinigel. It does not need it and is a waste of dev time to keep mentioning something over and over when its been stated over and over it is not going to be changed. Only thing stopping from making an alt is your own will. Three groups last night from the 5-12 range. One in commonland orcs, befallen and Greater Fay area.

We already tried the new expansion every 30 days and it did not work out. Instead of thinking you might catch the carrot on the stick try to enjoy yourself. Seems like you are playing EQ for another reason then enjoyment in a video game.
  3. taliefer Augur

there is absolutely nothing wrong with repeatedly mentioning how stupid the exp rates are on phinny, especially if it comes up naturally as part of a thread. DBG can, and likely will, continue to not do anything, but players should always feel free to express discontent about something
  4. BulletCatcher Journeyman

What? They arent gonna change the XP rates... im callin Shenanigns. I demand the XP rate be alomst zero. How dare they assume I wast to level through content, explore the vast area of vanilla, kunark, and Velious. Heck no. I want instant lvl 60. I want all spells, all items. I need my buffs to persist. Make it ShadowRest all over the place.

Come on guys.... at least pretend to be modern mmo
  5. taliefer Augur

i dont really feel bad for anyone that burns out this early when they knew we'd have 4 months of velious. especially when there was very little interest in "competing" with them from anyone else on the server.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Me neither just saying it's easy to imagine people tiring themselves out this early into the expansion when they are doing what I mentioned.
  7. Kloven Elder

Leveling a druid as I can't believe I forgot to have a forager in my stable. Otherwise real life summer really.

For me, the expansion timeline is a good pace, as I still have some things I'd like to do in Velious, but I'm not anxious that I'll be behind as Luclin is still ~3 months away.

Trying Phinny or Quarm are intriguing, but I know I'd feel behind as soon as I took a weekend to enjoy summer. Phinny will expand to Luclin by end of August, right?
  8. Risiko Augur

I'm playing yet another alt, but the experience grind on Phinigel is killing my will to live lol.
  9. Adonhiram Augur

Oh, wait for Luclin shards camping once SoL is out, and we'll talk again about things which kill us
  10. Brumans Augur

Yeah, I can see how 1 or 2 guilds might have done that, but again, is that all that makes up the server? 1 or 2 super hardcore guilds? Or have many other guilds went that hardcore on things since Velious launched?

That's always going to be the case - super hardcore people will burn through super fast. I'm just saying you can't only look at that. There's a lot of other players too.
  11. Aenoan Augur

Let's keep this kinda stuff outta this thread, its already slightly getting derailed from a O.P.
    It's not a modern MMO.

Shard camps aren't so bad, that was basically how most of us got the bulk of our AA's back then. It was less about "omg we gotta grind aa's" and more like camping spells or quest items and doing tov still in luclin and suddenly getting an aa.
  12. Aenoan Augur

Yup, it makes sense they see instances and they think now it's a ticket to do some kinda crazy split raid hyper farming and they miss out on why Velious is Velious, heck even Kunark. I skipped raiding this time around, at least for first couple of expansions, because I was kinda burned out it felt like I just did that content when RF/LJ had just come out.

But anyway back to the O.P.

Anyone try Sword Coast Legends? It's kind of a modern / update to Baulders Gates. Looks pretty interesting anyway.
  13. Kahna Augur

Don't have to be super hard core to be getting a bit burnt out. There is a ton of stuff to raid, but not much else for a max level to do. The shawl and ring don't really take that long. Even did a couple of other quests. Done with camping anything but raid mobs. As for raid gear? I will have all the items I want soon enough, long before SoL. It's going to be a long cold haul through Velious.

We have already seen people who made it through Classic and Kunark fail to make it a month into Velious. (Mostly our chanters. They are so boring these days. Hoping we get some more so I can stop dragging my chanter box around. I did finally manage to get her epic'ed though, so maybe the great chanter die off isn't all bad.)

Only thing to really do is make alts, and I have better things to do with my time than grind another toon through this horrible exp.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Sept 28, enjoy your summer ;)
  15. bodes Augur

That raid schedule would burn anyone out, but there's only one guild running that schedule with 120-150 people out of probably 2000 raiders and 2000+ non-raiders on the server. It's a small minority of the population and shouldn't impact unlock timers at all.
  16. AgentofChange Augur

Not sure when the discussion about unlock timers started I don't see that in this thread. The unlock timers are pretty set on Phinny and is one of the best features about the server, especially when you compare it to ragefire & lockjaw.
  17. Galdous Augur

Yes there is something wrong with it. It is full of conjecture and under handed tactics to try the failed method of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you objectively give your opinion on the matter as to why you want the experience increase that is fine. But shooting out hearsay and anecdotal evidence as numerical proof that a server is failing or is in dire straights makes you look like a fool.

When people also state that everyone will quit and act like they are the vocal will of the silent majority that also wears thin when bully tactics are pushed into the forum with thread after thread of a beaten dead horse. Posting your opinion about above issue is fine. Saying it is stupid when it is not well does not nor should not work. Rethink your methods before you try to appear obnoxious again with your repeated dead horse statements.
  18. bodes Augur

I read the OP's post as a thinly veiled request to have beastlords unlocked early because people are burning out
  19. taliefer Augur

the exp rates on phinny being slower than ragefire and lockjaw, despite a faster progression rate, is flat out illogical and dumb, and should be called out as such. thats numbers and evidence enough for anyone who has any understanding of logic. i see nothing wrong with people continuing to say as much.
  20. Galdous Augur

I will admit this is a new way to look at things. But no trying to base logic on a game is the last thing you would want to do. Playing a video game is a form of entertainment and pass time and whether or not it taking 40% longer to hit level 60 from other servers with faster unlock phases for expansions is of no correlation. It is a faster paced content release server but as long as the majority of the population is able to hit 60 at a reasonable pace before luclin even comes out it becomes pointless which it has.

Those that think that they must be 60 as fast as possible in order to enjoy the game if they go by your line of thinking would choose Lock or Ragefire over Phinigel. And most of those people will not be appeased no matter how fast or how slow you make something. Just another change in how the modern mmo gamer has progressed. You do not have as much time to play then the faster servers are for you. You want a slower paced journey with faster content release then Phinigel is for you. If the pace is kept slow as expansions come out then perhaps at another time the xp can be revisisted since you have til February at min before level 60 is not the max level.