Very frustrating game?!?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Clamdigger, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Haha, well I did kind of want to complete the quests there just to see if I got any exp from it but maybe you are right. I do want to go explore that Oceangreen place for sure.
  2. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

3. Treiln Augur

Quick touch up on the Kiting/Rooting.

Direct damage spells have a chance to break root. Not always, but more likely than not. DoTs however, regardless of how hard they hit/crit will not. It's why it's called Root Rot. The mobs get rooted and just got away.

Kiting is damaging a mob while you have it chase you around. Snare is your friend in this case. As far as Necros go, snares are part of their main line up/rotation. Snare a mob, run a short distance, DoT, run, DoT, run, repeat. Once you get good enough, you can quad kite. Gather up 4 red conned mobs, DoT them all up and just run them in circles and watch them drop like flies.
  4. Cats Meow Journeyman

Clamdigger, I think you should try it, but keep in mind the exp and items you get from completing the quests aren't as good. In the end you'll have a less stressful time and more fun overall. If you still prefer to stay in the House of Thule expansion, do the front yard in the house as there is a quest giver and it's easy to zone out if things go wrong. Good exp too. Be careful when going to the HoT courtyard from Feerrott the dream. If you have trouble getting there let me know and I can show you a safer and easier way.
  5. Cats Meow Journeyman

I've just uploaded a video showing you how to get to the House of Thule via the old feerrott. The video also shows what to hunt and how to play it safe in the courtyard. Hope this helps!

6. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Well the reason I was wanting to try a snare/kiting class, isnt snare more reliable than root? And those necros are pretty fun, I deleted my heroic wizzy for a necro...I had that sucker putting 4 DoTs on a single mob at once, and his pet, and could do direct damage nukes on top of that, it makes taking down some of those tougher mobs in the dream a bit faster hehe.
  7. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Sorry I missed your reply. Ya I might go back to that teek guy for quests now that Im remembering to activate all those nice buffs on the heroic gear, really makes the difference. I am on Luclin-Stromm so might try to look you up next time and thank you for the reply/info.
  8. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Another good video thanks for posting it pal. If I ever want to try house of thule courtyard area I will use that good shortcut too!
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is another tip - I went to Freerot one time at level 85 - to get my J5 merc. Then I left for easier pastures and returned around level 90 and could wipe the zone, headshotting lizards etc. Many people fail to realize that what they did when the expansion first came out with their guild or buddies is still hard to do for normal player trying to solo/molo. Maybe if you get raid geared you would tank better.
  10. Treiln Augur

Free to play doesn't get the J5 nor the good armor =/

I prefer kiting because once a snare hits and sticks, you can almost assuredly guarantee that it'll be on for the full duration. Doesn't mean it's more reliable. Just a different means.

A shaman will pick root over snare.
    A ranger will pick snare over root.
    A Necro can do either.
    A druid can do either.

Personal preference. I like keeping busy, so I'll kite. Puck up mobs along the way and kite them all along. Someone else may prefer to root 2-3 mobs and just make sure they die while they watch netflix.
  11. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

>>Someone else may prefer to root 2-3 mobs and just make sure they die while they watch netflix.<< Hahaaa well that sounds ok, but Im wondering if there might be a snare/root/kite class that can kill a bit faster, dont the rangers have pretty awesome DPS? And thank you pal for the additional info.
  12. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Ok please forgive my super newbie'ness, Im not only a member of the EQ newbs club for men, Im the president(cheap jab at hairclub for men haha). But what exactly is a J5 merc? J is for journeyman, meaning a higher tier than the apprentice right? But what is the number 5, is that rank 5? Are ranks like levels for mercs?

And I do see some type of mercenary quest in The Dream, but I had not picked it up, should I or is that the J5 Treiln referred to that F2P people cant get? And thank you for the extra help my friend.
  13. Sheil New Member

I have a Necro and a Druid and the root/snare decision is the same for me with both. If I have the room, without lots of roamers, I will always choose snare/kite over root/rot. Just more reliable. If I'm in a dungeon or an area with lots of roamers I use root/rot and expect a few root breaks. I will rarely root more than 2 at a time, I just don't have the HP to take multi hits before I can get root back on.
  14. Scorrpio Augur

Mercs come in two categories: apprentice(A) and journeyman(J). A is barely adequate even at low levels, that is what FTP accounts get. J is for gold accounts. A tank J merc at lower levels can solo reds 5 levels iver yours several at a time with little support from you.
    The number after this is Tier. This further distinguishes merc power within the category. It used to be you had to unlock merc tiers by doing progression in Seeds of Destruction. Can still do so if you want your higher tier merc before lvl 85. Problem is you need a VERY solid lvl 75 group to do that content, and mobs around 85 are tuned towards J5, hence the easy Feerrott quest at 85.
    According to game description, tier mainly affects merc confidence level (i.e.if you pull too many a tier 1 might run), but tier also beefs up mercs in other ways as well.
  15. Sheil New Member

I guess some qualification is needed here for "low level". I have a 73 Druid with a J5 tank and that is certainly not the case for me. The J5 will get eaten pretty quick with 1 red mob without constant healing and attention. If I spam heal the J5 he might live and prevail, but the downtime for mana regen is excessive for good xp. Better to kite if I want the J5 to live and my azz not get beaten soundly.

Maybe I'm not doing something right, But my J5 tank just can't take that level of abuse.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just curious that if your level 73 how did you get a J5? Since the SOD require level 75 to do to get the J5 and the Freerot requires level 85.
  17. Sheil New Member

Yikes...actually you are right CatsPaws! Was confused with my 88 Nec. So apologies to Scorrpio. I guess the tank is much better for 85+ with J5. Might have to lvl up the Druid to see the difference. Sorry for the confusion all.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its all cool, just thought maybe there was something new I missed lol
  19. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Ok thank you for the info. I normally root with my necro, load up DoTs, put pet on target, and re-root. But I keep hearing snares are much more solid as far as not breaking so much like roots, might give that a try.
  20. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Ok thanks for the reply, hey isnt there a way to by mercs from the Daybreak store? Even good ones for a free player or no?