Very frustrating game?!?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Clamdigger, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Treiln Augur

Or a Druid. Druid has heals like a shaman, debuffs (equivalent to a shaman slow if need be), DoTs, a few DD, evac if things get hairy, and ports :)
  2. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

I do like my druid quite a lot too, not as nasty as that necro but he has a bit more utility as you mention the ports/evac etc. So many neat classes in this game, its great for alt-O-holics like me. Hmm, maybe skip the tank, go for a root/snare rotting set up, no mercs...just run necro, druid, and shammy...now that would be a lot of DoTs muhaha. I could root rot the hell out of things lol.
  3. shiftie Augur

You will eventually need a tank if you ever plan to progress It can be a mercenary or an actual tank but that's why many of suggested Mage. I boxed necromancer/mage and there wasn't much I could do.

Mage can malo the mob for lower resistance and then the Necro can turn the monster on dead and then slow it
  4. smash Augur

You say you got 5 chars, but how effective are you?
    I once was at friend who played 4 chars and it saw extremely bad out as he was really only doing good with 3 and the 4th was giving an anchor tied to him. It was a major handicap.

I only play 2 chars myself as char 1 (70%) char 2 (65%). If i added a 3rd char they would likely be 65/55/40 instead and at bad situations likely go wrong.

So ask yourself is this best or should you get a merc instead to replace a char
  5. shiftie Augur

Meant to say "much I couldn't do"
  6. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Most of the mercs I run are for heals, but are the merc tanks pretty good?
  7. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Most times any more I run 3 characters and the rest mercs, or sometimes just 2 characters and mercs. I agree it can be a handful to run much more than about 3.
  8. shiftie Augur

Merc shave their place but pet classes have their niche. Instead of having to get the tank get ac augs aa and levels the pet gains most of its progression naturally from the class that owns it and one singular item via pet earring. It is truly the path of least resistance. Root rotting is cool. As are many othe one trick pony methods in eq. Pet groups have no rival for risk vs reward.
  9. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Ok thank you for the reply/info. But what do you mean pet earring? is that just another option for gear you can put on the pet?
  10. Brudal Augur

11. Ironnuts Journeyman

EM earring will always be big upgrades for you. It's always the earring with shrink pet clickie. Twitching snood is one at lvl 92 which was a big upgrade EM XII. Usually for sale in the bazaar. Check prices will be a lil expensive but worth every copper. Just be wearing EM when you summon your pet and your pet is like a lvl or 2 higher than otherwise. My mage pet is always yellow with EM XII.

You can then try some pet tanking if you get a bag of mana forged armor in the bazaar. Their cheap because they poof when ya log out for half hour or your pet dies. And grab a mage summoned mask for him which gives him haste in addition to the haste spell you cast on him. Summoned mage weapons are good while your at it proc like 600 damage. Mage pets come with armor and mask automatically. Kinda a hassle buying from bazaar everyday. I got a mage teamed with my necro, I doubt I'd gear him up everyday otherwise, but he can tank white mobs geared up no problem.
  12. Ironnuts Journeyman

13. Ironnuts Journeyman

Also for tanking, I have a shaman slow so I'm not sure what lvl necro gets slow vs undead. But your fire nuke ignite bones line, turns any mob undead for 6 seconds just enough time to slow him and he stays slowed. Necro are so versatile. Rooting and kiteing are more effective. But I like bringing my mobs to a nice safe killin floor where they can yell and scream all they want and nobodies coming to help them.
  14. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

15. Clamdigger Lorekeeper

Awesome thanks for the tips, lots of ways to pump up the power of pets haha.