Update Bugs 05/23/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 23, 2014.

1. Versifier Elder

Happy Memento; Charm Slot Item; Looted from the chest in the Tower of Rot mission A Rotten Heart.
    The Charm doesn't list any conditions for providing stats and has no stats when equipped, perhaps you forgot to attach a stat calculation script to it?
  2. feiddan Augur

This was mentioned in another thread. I believe it was Elidroth who said the item may not be intended to be dropping.
  3. Versifier Elder

Thanks! Seems I completed missed that post. It was Chandrok, he mentions it here.
    feiddan likes this.
  4. feiddan Augur

Thanks for tracking it down. The bug posts about rot are littering all the forums and I couldn't recall where that specific one was.
  5. Mugsie Elder

Ah, it seems I was previously in error about the 'worn/fade proc' items. They can INDEED proc from melee combat now. Well at least from combat against non trivial mobs. I don't know if this relates to the triggering mechanism being related to skill up checks or something, because in hundreds of swings against swarms in PoInnovation, 0 procs other than corresponding to track and forage checks. Still 0 procs from casts (healing, offensive, offensive agsint xp mobs) which I do not know if it is intended. Sorry for the previous false assertion, I just didn't bother testing melee against blue mobs (because this is something that most druids never do).

Mugsie
  6. Raen Journeyman

Not sure if a bug or intended, but sounds like an oversight.

The reward chest for the Plane of War anniversary mission has a very, very short decay timer.
  7. rune00 Augur

Guys, PLEASE go over the code and change all 187 references for GetTickCount() to GetTickCount64() and change the appropriate return values to ULONGLONG instead of DWORD.

With Windows 7 and earlier this was never a problem since users restarted and or shutdown their computers every now and then and in most cases before the 49.7 days a DWORD can hold.

Now when many people are using Windows 8, which has a built in "feature" that never really does a "real" shutdown, everyone that is playing eq on a win8.x system will eventually run into problems, spellgems that doesn't refresh correctly and so on due to GetTickCount overflows.

Maybe you guys are handling this by a overflow check, in this case you can disregard my post.

Thanks for coding eq for us.
  8. Uxtalzon Augur

Players have found out a way to enable and stay in trader mode while being almost anywhere in the Bazaar zone. Haven't figured it out, but a "roaming merchant" would be funny.
  9. Tobynn Augur

The random rare weapon from Tower of Rot namers, Oathbound Hammer, appears to have a borked pet animation. Instead of proc'ing the spirit of a Qeynos guard, as the item window indicates, the weapon procs a bald leather-wearing human Doug.

Also, request a change in the pet type. The weapon does not proc a swarm pet similar to Mace of the Ancients, or Vander's Bane, or Shard of Eternal Pain, or just about every PoP-era class-specific pet-proc weapon. Instead, the weapon produces a regular pet complete with UI pet window. You need to actually command the pet to attack or it just stands there.

This toy would be much more fun if it proc'd swarm pets ~
    Yinla likes this.
  10. feiddan Augur

It also means you can only have one up at a time. :(
  11. Sonavaa_Bertox Elder

Ditto on Orphic Card research. The recipes are still producing Level 82 spells. (Got to find me some more Sooty OC and rubies now....)
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Relentless Servant is now totally useless, it dies before another can be cast on a single dark blue add with enhanced minion XVIII.

What makes you think pet classes need more nerfs?