Update Bugs 05/21/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 21, 2014.

1. Mistatk Augur

Please he broken Tower Of Rot raid. It is really frustrating to have 1 single raid released and it is lagged out and unplayable. Thanks
  2. Furro Elder

I'm not going to get all long winded here. But I'm experiencing the same lag with the Tower of Rot raid as others have posted. It's completely unplayable. Feels like 2-3 FPS. I have all video options off (using stickfigures, no names etc). When only three of us are in the zone, there is no fps hit, it's completely smooth as a normal zone. But as soon as more players come in, there's a massive performance hit. Some have said it has something to do with being near the table (there's a hidden aura there maybe as part of one of the mechanics?). We tried moving everyone away from it, but didn't seem to help much.

Oh, and on Thursday, part way through the event the script/zone crashed. Everyone was stuck in limbo and had to kill EQ and log back in. I'm guessing you'd have logs of the crash at least.

Revisited the event tonight (Friday), thinking with the patch (whether it was maintenance or not), maybe something was fixed during the downtime, but same results as prior runs, the lag making it unplayable.

It's nice to have a new raid to tackle, but extremely disappointing to many of our raiders (and I assume others as well), to be hampered by the broken state for which this raid is currently in.

Thanks for your time,
    Furro
    Leader of Freelance - Open Raid Team - CT Server
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Ever since Rot went live, 6/10 times-ish whenever myself or my bots die that chars merc gets suspended.

I can bring them right back out, but they're no longer in group and are tucked in my pocket.

Also, if it's one of the few times where it doesn't actually get suspended, upon being rezed everyone in group see's that merc at 1% hps (UI graphical issue, can target them and it pops them up to 100%)

As a boxer, it kind of freaks me out switching between accounts and seeing someone who shouldn't be touched at all at 1%. Healers may feel that way too!
    Gyurika Godofwar and guado like this.
  4. Axxius Augur

Doesn't somebody else in the group clicking it update the whole group?
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Yes. A lot of the things didn't UD across group members in this partisan line, but that particular one definitely does. Was a relief for me boxing.
  6. Vindarius New Member

Tower of Rot Raid :

Sony please check the code, check server resources and adjust accordingly to allow fair play of the event.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Perplexed Augur

I agree, lag does seem worse around the table.
    I play with everything off, i.e. no mounts, no forge graphics, no spell effects, no ugly Luclin models, on an 18 month old gaming PC and am having this lag problem.
  8. Makavien Augur

Ahh yes it does which I didn't realize till i completed it . and they popped on all 3 toons cursor (
  9. Mistatk Augur

I see the developers pop in here and comment on things. It would be nice to hear an acknowledgement that the Tower of Rot raid is broken (having everyone in it so lagged out they cannot play is broken to me), and maybe a rough ETA on fixing it. Thanks.
  10. guado Augur

Level 100 cleric merc J5 is casting Ealdun's Mark, have to click it off in order for him to cast Symbol of Gezat. All player in group are lvl 100, besides pets.
  11. Zarzac Augur

Even with channeling I had these clicks as a knight interrupted a good deal.

Perhaps a solution if they want a 3 second cast time on this type of item would be to make it like a song so that the cast is not interruptible?
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. guado Augur

1) All new "Tower of Rot" Tier 2 trade skill gear with an effect (Example: Pugilist's Gloves) that has a "worn" effect isn't actually "worn"
    It procs off a melee, a spell, a skill (forage?)

Well, it procs in the song window, and it cannot be removed.

A worn effect is an invisible effect given to you by an equipped piece of gear.

A proc is a buff or ability that is cast as a result of a predetermined action.

Some clarification would be cool: are the new effects we're seeing supposed to benefit you in the form of a proc, or should it be permanently worn, as the item describes?

2) The Find system in Tower of Rot was not hand crafted at all. As much as I love to illusion through a wall, I cannot run thru an actual wall as the Find window suggests I should. It's bad enough you guys don't make your own maps, at least make sure the Find feature works......

3) Lag in the Tower of Rot Raid is unacceptable. Can we be done with Anniversary content early so you guys don't have an excuse to screw up the real permanent content??
  13. feiddan Augur

Have you never seen a Shawl before?

(Worn) effects that are procs is nothing new.
  14. Tobynn Augur

The recently added tradeskill book, Arms & Armor of Ethernere, is missing any and all text detailing the included recipes, or even any mention of what items might be included.

Opening the book presents the typical Scribe and Done buttons, but the book contains zero recipes that can be read, for there are no pages to flip. This is not specific to this book, its more a recent trend with scribeable books. Less recent books included text detailing the recipes in addition to a Scribe button.

Now, we get a Scribe button and a big fat nothing else. Upon Scribing the book, the next step is to go on a hunt 'n peck adventure within various tradeskill stations to find what can be recognized as new recipes within the tradeskill interface's Search function. Given the name of this particular book, one might find expect to find tailor recipes, smith recipes, fletching recipes, jewelcraft recipes, etc. I mean, I learned something via scribing, right?

Why is the contents of the book ... missing from the book?
    Yinla likes this.
  15. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

After last update the launch pad takes a lot longer to load my first account after hitting play, after the first one my second and third load just the same as normal. I waited a while to post this to see if it kept going on and it does.
  16. smash Augur

Same here
  17. Blyndem New Member

Enchanter rune hate still broken.
  18. Povarmonk Elder

So is the lag in TOWER OF LAG going to be fixed?
  19. Zahrym Augur

[IMG]
  20. pk76 Augur

since the last patch, , after zoning , here and there i am going to the server select instead,
    happened boxing 3 toons in dead hill heroic , ( happened 3 times in 5 tasks ) .
    then today , raiding TOR ( one toon logged only ) it happened 3 times , can happen when i am zoning