Update Bugs 05/21/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 21, 2014.

1. smash Augur

1 of the Alerts is still coming back on. The 1 about strange beasts.

Have pressed it a LOT of times, and still it comes back when i get chars on.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Chandrok Augur

This was not an intended change. It will be fixed in the next update.
    Edrick likes this.
  3. Charris Journeyman

Chandrok How about an update on the raid instance lag issue everyone is having, when will it be fixed?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ayoheee Augur

Just happened again.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Same
  6. Blyndem New Member

- Enchanter - Spectral, Arcane, and Phantasmal Unity will no longer generate as much hatred as before. In addition, they now have a shorter casting time but a much longer recast time.
    - Enchanter - Polyspectral, Polyarcanic, and Polyiridescent Runes are slightly less effective and cost slightly more mana. Unity spell costs were also adjusted to match this change.

Based on my limited experience with these changes while on a couple raids tonight, I'm definitely seeing the longer cast time for Phantasmal Unity but not seeing any change in the amount of hate I'm getting. I'd be freshly rezzed, self buffing to get in the fight, and in one case maybe have charmed a pet, but as soon as I got to the part of casting my runes, I'd get summoned by a nearby trash mob then start getting ping-ponged between multiple trash and/or the named. Some times I'd die, sometimes I'd get a stasis off. But even if I got stasis off, soon as I dropped it and maybe tash or slow something then try to refresh a rune after an AE or whatever and boom, summoned all over again.

Maybe the faster cast time on Phantasmal Unity was allowing me to chain rune and tank multiple raid mobs, but the only reason I ever had to do that was because of the ridiculous hate the runes cause in the first place. If you reduce the hate like this change claimed, I could maybe evaluate how bad the long cast timer is going to be and/or the reduced effectiveness of the single runes. But right now it is nearly a death sentence just to cast an initial rune on a raid. Enchanters are the only silk class that gets as up close and personal with mobs as we have to sometimes to do our job and with runes and several good AA we had some good tools to keep us alive, but now we can get smoked for casting one spell on ourselves. Sounds right...
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

5 Scions short in mission 1. Unwinnable because not enough were available to die.
  8. Ayoheee Augur

There are 2 charms that drop in the tower of rot mission #1. They both have exactly the same stats from inspect. They both have type 3 aug slots. One of them is a improves as you wear more class specific armor, the other one doesn't scale based on anything. Once equipped the latter doesn't give any stats.
  9. Chandrok Augur

I think that second charm should not have been available yet. It should be progression based. We'll look into it.
  10. Chandrok Augur

Thanks for the report on this. We'll take a look at the mission and see if we can track down what might be causing this.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  11. Nylrem Augur

Ethermist Robes don't do anything. Nothing seems to proc Ethermist, spells or melee, and it certainly isn't a true worn effect.
  12. Ayoheee Augur

Thanks for the replies Chandrok.
  13. A-Quad Augur

I'm chalking this up to a bug: crippling lag during the Rot raid. All tricks turned off. Moreover, I have been experiencing odd graphical issues since Wednesday... happens when first entering any zone - both character and environment models in the area are temporarily 'ghosted' in different ways (may not be the right term - can post screenshots when I get home). When the ghosting goes away (as I move around for the first time in a zone) some character models can even appear naked for a split second before armor models pop up. I have screenshots of a Drakkin female, totally topless (areolas and all) in PoK. This phenomena even happens to the background environment on my character select screen when it first comes up - then corrects after a second.
  14. Edrick Augur

The Replica of the Qeynos Claymore trophy from Tower of Rot still has a bag graphic after the hotfix. I am not sure of Lord Kyle Bayle still swings an invisible claymore or not.
  15. Denial_Sinfae Augur

First bug I noticed:

The content released (though small) was fun! I felt like I accomplished something after finishing part / merc / missions.... been a while since I got that feeling from group content. Nice job, next time just please gieb baba moar.

For real though...

A guildy said that --Oathbound Hammer-- swarm pets summon a UI and you have to click attack for each one. They last about 12 seconds, and do 3k total damage.... Guessing there's a "swarmpet01" type flag missing from the proc'd pets.
  16. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but we haven't ever been able to HS undead flagged mobs before. Blue con undead inside Tower of Rot.

[Fri May 23 17:29:31 2014] You begin casting Focused Rain of Arrows Rk. III.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] Your bow shot did double dmg.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] Hannil scores a critical hit! (3867)
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] an excavator was hit by non-melee for 5413 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] You hit an excavator for 5413 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] Hannil scores a critical hit! (750522)
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] an excavator was hit by non-melee for 1050730 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] You hit an excavator for 1050730 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] Hannil scores a critical hit! (16437)
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] an excavator was hit by non-melee for 23011 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] You hit an excavator for 23011 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] Hannil scores a critical hit! (16437)
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] an excavator was hit by non-melee for 23011 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] You hit an excavator for 23011 points of damage.
    [Fri May 23 17:29:32 2014] An excavator is struck by many arrows.
  17. Prathun Developer

You know, you're right that it is odd that the task shows 'Points' instead of the name of the type of currency. It does show Ebon Crystals or Radiant Crystals correctly for DoN tasks. We'll look into that.
  18. Prathun Developer

Many of the NPCs in the Tower of Rot are a hybrid body type of Undead and Humanoid. This is unusual. The only other NPC that uses this body type combination is The Necromantic Experiment from Grelleth. Will check to see if this is intentional.
  19. Raen Journeyman

Royal Access heroic adventure.

Killed stonetalons for the Enchanted Stones. Killed them all, only two stones.

Going to assume they will never respawn.
  20. Makavien Augur

The source of rot and a few quests through out rof /cotf . You guys do know warriors have 0 channeling skill correct and a 3 sec cast time item can take anywhere from 3 + casts from warriors to even land sense we have to click and tank at the same time?

Unless we waste our only self rescue disc flash of anger to do this?

Knights do not have this problem because they get the channeling skill.

So can you lower the cast times to 1 sec or less at least from now on ,on quests we have to tank and click items on , or are we supposed to fade and let a pet tank to complete our quests ?