Upcoming changes on Test- July 2015

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Motherlee, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Voids New Member

Leex your stated you were not using pets yet your parse says +pets :p
  2. Zalamyr Augur

You should be able to look at max hits and crit rates and determine what's off. Your second parse also has "+pets" and your first one doesn't, so something is different there.
  3. Sancus Augur

When your passive crit rate is 42% and rains are capped at 40%, and you get a 124% increase to your passive critical damage mod, you're probably not going to see a decrease in DPS... When your crit rate is 100% and your rains are still critting 40% of the time, you may notice it more ;)
  4. Igniz Augur

Aye, I am doing some parsing also on combat dummies atm ...
    I left pets out of the equotation and went with the rotation as follows:
    Coronal Rain -> Rain of Cutlasses -> Spear of M. Shieldstone -> Spear of Blistersteel

Effects used: Fire Core, First Spire, Spell Twincast (which doesn't fade in Guild Halls), Empowered Focus of Arcanum

Mobs were debuffed with clicky Tash and spell Malo (both refreshed once during the fight)

I chose to use GH dummies and spell twincast to get a good average for burns without any aDPS.

Combat Dummy Azia (Level105) before patch in 1799s, 191592k @106499sdps --- Igniz 191592k@106499sdps (106499dps in 1799s)

Igniz- 452
    --- Coronal Rain Rk. III - 112
    --- Howl of Tashan - 1
    --- Malosenete Rk. III - 1
    --- Rain of Cutlasses Rk. III - 112
    --- Spear of Blistersteel Rk. III - 113
    --- Spear of Molten Shieldstone Rk. III - 113

Combat Dummy Azia (Level105) after patch in 1813s, 161567k @89116sdps --- Igniz 161567k@89116sdps (89116dps in 1813s)

Igniz - 456
    --- Coronal Rain Rk. III - 112
    --- Howl of Tashan - 1
    --- Malosenete Rk. III - 1
    --- Rain of Cutlasses Rk. III - 114
    --- Spear of Blistersteel Rk. III - 114
    --- Spear of Molten Shieldstone Rk. III - 114

17% net loss during patch :-((

Got pre-patch parses for sustained without any discs as well as under influence of Auspice, IoG and Group Spirit of the Blackwolf ready. Gonna try to get the complimentary post-patch parses for that as well, tomorrow ...
  5. Jaerlyn Augur

Except you don't LOSE anything. That's not your DPS to begin with. Having a Bard increases the group's DPS. Period. Just like adding another DPS class would. It doesn't, in any way, return DPS to you that you have lost.

It's not even YOUR DPS, for that matter. It's the Bard's. Paid for by a reduction in their own personal DPS and tanking abilities.
    It's no different than expecting that MT to tank, without being propped up with healers.

Enjoy the synergy. Don't complain about it. Thank that "ADPS" person for giving up their own spotlight, so you can have it.
    Diptera, Yimin and segap like this.
  6. Leex Pewpewer

You're right, I must have linked the wrong parse. Either way though, self burns ( not including tc ) should have brought me higher then 49k..Maybe I got bad rng, I'm still running tests..

/g Combat Dummy Azia in 307s, 24150k @78665dps --- Ammeren 24150k @78665dps (100%) ( Fire core, First Spire, Empowered Focus, Glyph of cata, IoG, Augmenting) - Rain rain spear spear spear

/g Combat Dummy Azia in 304s, 23562k @77508dps --- Ammeren 23562k @77508dps (100%) Same mods as before, but running spears + bolt.

Should easily be able to hit 120k-140k with those mods / weaves. Sad in the pants day I guess.
  7. Sancus Augur

You're forgetting self burns do absolutely nothing for Rains now, outside of Twincast. Fire Core has never impacted rains, and First Spire now has absolutely 0 impact on rains because it is only a crit chance mod (the crit damage mod is now passive). And Empowered Focus is only a resist thing, so assuming you used any form of malo it's irrelevant. You are getting the boost to your spears, and because the crit damage mod on First Spire is passive now, the difference between burns and no-burns is significantly less than it used to be.

P.S. Augmenting Aura still doesn't affect Rains/Spears/Bolts/Storm/any-good-spell :(

Edit: and to address your actual point, yes our DPS is taking a huge hit, especially our burst DPS.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Mages, the Shadowknight of dps classes?
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Zarzac Augur

Not really you still kinda need the 1 mage ...
    Azrael, Xeladom, Xanathol and 2 others like this.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

Got to love it! The bards of casters :)...
  11. Zarzac Augur

I really don't understand the design decision, assuming one was actually made, to obliterate another class out of the raid game.

Bring the other guys up as needed, stop killing classes off.
    Xeladom, Yimin, Spellfire and 3 others like this.
  12. Sancus Augur

You know what my favorite part about this patch was? Hitting Mana Charge, casting a rain, and watching it eat all 3 charges and not crit :rolleyes:
    Silv and Iila like this.
  13. Yimin Augur

Ahh now I recall why I went silver , one fix to many :)

Yimin
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

Hey man, at least we'll still be competiting with a class in EQ..Just because it's bards...That doesn't say anything!

If what was said is correct, and a player or a few players are to blame for this nerf..I'm disappointed. I know who to point the finger at, I won't..But it's pretty sad that a Wizard not only had mages nerfed but also got themselves a bump..Classic EQ game balancing for ya..

Where's Beimeth to justify all this lovely mage DPS? :)
    Azrael, Xnao, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  15. Javakrash2014 New Member

Probably off enjoying the day knowing another class got screwed over.
    Motherlee, Azrael and Silv like this.
  16. Raynrace Augur

I think the level of intelligence and common sense for our species just dropped a few %.

This is great, the nerf still allows mage bot armies to own the group game and makes mages fully undesirable in raids.

Nice fix. Whoever you listened to on making these changes should be banned from EQ.

Good news is well have a lot of mage alts to give us rods in the guild hall so we wont need them in raids at all. Of course we could kick a berserker from the DZ and add a mage alt for fresh rods as needed then swap them back.

More room for wizards I guess...
    Xeladom, Elricvonclief and Sancus like this.
  17. Derresh Augur

Dev's aint got no time to properly balance classes, there are much higher priority's like redesigning every raid encounter starting with classic for the cesspool of toxic blatant cheating TLP players!
  18. Leex Pewpewer

Apparently they don't like diversified classes on raids. Soon it will be Wizards, Clerics, and Warriors.

Poor show Devs, not only do you implement a change that wasn't needed but you can't even respond to the change because you have no way to legitimately defend yourself.

I guess they see Mages as the lowest tier of DPS classes.
    Yimin and Sancus like this.
  19. Iila Augur

They're restoring mage/druid non-pet dps parity.

In the exact opposite way of what druids wanted.
    Sancus, Zalamyr and Silv like this.
  20. Necromonious Augur

That's what I was saying. They are just like SK's, which is good in a niche group (no tank, no melee dps), semi-terrible for everything else. Luckily the small tank-less group is what I do, I feel sorry for raiders :(
    Xanathol likes this.