Upcoming changes on Test- July 2015

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Motherlee, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Slasher Augur

That is the dumbest post I have ever seen here and that says a lot. ADPS added to classes is held against both classes.

You want to know how to have an unbalanced game ? Have classes that do 90 % of the same dps without ADPS and look at the others and say here do 35% of your potential dps because you have no bard/bst.

I'm all for ADPS, but it should not make or break a class when you happen to not have it that night. There needs to be a change in how ADPS works if classes that provide it need an increase in personal dps give them it but ADPS is out of control the more you keep making classes rely on it the harder it gets to balance this game.

If you cannot understand why ADPS is out of control I have nothing else to say to you.
    Brogett and Xanathol like this.
  2. segap Augur

Or instead of everyone being concerned about "what did I do", they can look at the perspective of "what did we do". Balance can be done at the 6 person group level (and raids balanced around number of ideal dps, tanking and healer groups). It's more complex to achieve, but is possible. An expected amount of dps a balanced group is expected to put out versus stack ranking different classes. Having classes compliment each other in different combinations to reach that balance point. It's a different perspective on how balance works. I'm not saying its the only way.

I do think a rogue peaking with a bard, shaman, beserker and beastlord in a group is overkill. I'd rather see less stacking of support classes so that a combination of two support classes can provide fairly equivalent boost. Or at least diminish in a way so that a stacked support group would be about the same as two support + four dps. That would provide some flexibility to build groups depending on who is available -- either stacked dps or stacked support. There should be some trade offs going one way or the other (such as survivability or burst vs. sustained).

In my opinion, boosting dps for support classes and decreasing their support abilities just makes them a weak dps class with little reason to exist. Distinct classes providing significant benefit at a macro level provides for multiple play styles and different ways for people to enjoy the game. Also provides raid leaders with some room for creativity building a roster.
  3. Slasher Augur

There is zero creativity in making a melee dps group in a raid right now. I will try to explain it in the simplest terms.

My role in a raid is to DPS. I should not be 50% less effective in that role because we only had 1 bard and 1 bst log on for raids. Especially when other classes who fill that same role in the raid do not lose anywhere near that level of effectiveness from a lack of ADPS class.
  4. Nenton Augur

Off topic: was disappointing to play a druid and mage on the TLP servers and have the mage smoke the druid in dps. Druids got left way behind in the low level caster boosts. So the old parity exists nowhere now.

Also semi-off topic: they should just re-bug Aria flurry rates. Melee were doing better back then.

On topic: that Haze focus amount change, wth... Won't feel any sense of missed opportunity anymore when that goes off and Blood nuke isn't memmed. Used to be a nice boost for necros on trash.

Admittedly peanuts compared to the real victims of this patch...

RIP mage rains.
    Mintalie, Sancus and Leex like this.
  5. Zarakii Augur

whut.......