Upcoming changes on Test- July 2015

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Motherlee, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Motherlee Augur

You're not supposed to be discussing in the Test/Bug thread, so I'm starting this.

All I have to say about these proposed changes is, "Slowing down DPS isn't a substitute for content."
  2. Warpeace Augur

Inflating mob AC and hit points was not a good substitute either but they did it anyway:(.
  3. Random_Enchanter Augur

I'm curious as to how you see the changes implemented in test as slowing down DPS?

Because last i checked
    1)all your crit modifiers now stack, which drastically increases DPS.
    2)all your nuke addition now stack, which increases DPS.
    3)only rain spells take a hit to there critical % chance, an all of 20% smaller chance for mages and druids.
    4)some AAs being reduced in critical damage % to compensate the now addition being done by critical damage.

I've yet to see any parse data given comparing the same spell line up done on test and on live by rain spellers comparing the changes. (hint remove foci % to gain steady and like numbers for a smaller parse of 400 casts)
  4. NerfAway New Member

If these changes go live and if they actually cause a class to have less DPS that class can complain all they want but nothing will be done. If you really want to effect change simply cancel all your paid accounts the bottom dollar effects change not you complaining about it.
    Yimin and Perplexed like this.
  5. Apoc Augur

Well 60% crit chance during a burn is huge it makes rain spells useless on any burn which was one of their staples. Not to mention mages also lost their spire completely IoG and Gbw only add up to 250% so I don't see the huge boost you are speaking of maybe 60% from cataclysm mages got screwed all the way around and druids.
  6. Manaelil Elder

Are you being serious? The way the new changes now work if you stack all of your discs/adps not only does it not amount to much (-100 percent dmg modifier across the board) but you are wasting crit chance modifiers by stacking them all at once. This is by far the biggest caster nerf I have ever seen. It enhances burn dps by a little and totally eliminates mini burns and adps burns.

Now everything is crammed into 1.5-2.5m and the dps benefits during this time period are not even close to enough to offset the dmg lost due to the -100 percent crit dmg modifier reduction. Furthermore I'm not exactly filled w/ optimism that the devs will go to the trouble of rebalancing each individual burn disc for each of the classes given that so many abilities were not updated w/ tds.
  7. Slasher Augur

lol where were you casters when they inflated mob ac to lower melee dps across the board ? Guess what its your turn now. These changes don't even address the 2 highest dps classes . Just widens the gap between them and rest of us.
  8. Xnao Augur

OH YOU MEAN IN THE LAST BETA?

Well, necros were dealing with a potential epic nerf, mages were dealing with the pet nerf and wizards were dealing with a claw nerf.

While melee dps were clamoring for more dps. As well as ignoring (other than behelit) the caster nerfs.

See a pattern here?
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Songsa Augur

Except the best dps casters are left untouched or even boosted after that nerf.
    Yimin likes this.
  10. Songsa Augur

Melee would love to be nerfed like that and do 2 times the dps of casters after that !
  11. Slasher Augur

I don't think you know what a nerf means. If nerf means I can sustain 250k over 220s sign me up.

No class should be nerfed.

Do you even play still ? To my knowledge you never even raided in TDS so you have no idea what raid dps is like for each class right now. So how can you even have an opinion on these changes ?
  12. Iila Augur

Vendetta nerfs don't help the game or anyone. At best they make some spiteful people happy for a few minutes that someone else has to suffer.

There has been a lot said about the awful state of melee dps in TDS recently.

Not much was said in beta, because everyone was busy trying to fix arbitrarily pruned spell lists, bad AAs, items being crap, nerfs for each of the caster classes, raids literally having a DT aura a week before going live, raids resetting into wins for months AFTER going live, badly tuned quests, badly designed zones, oh, and the massive exp nerfs that never even got a patch note.

It took the community a while to dig through the extraordinary amount of excrement in TDS to realize that every event in TDS is anti-melee, plus AC was raised by a crazy amount for some unknown reason.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

I see the vocal dominants are out in full force. There is an issue and many from both sides pointed it out. Some people will not be happy until they see their class #1 at their job always under every scenario. They say thats not true but their posting over the years tells you otherwise.

These changes were unnecessary and will require more work to fix what they break. We have limited resources so this should not have been done even if its someones pet peeve project from the last few years.
    Yimin, Spellfire and Iila like this.
  14. Slasher Augur

If its not obvious the goal is to lower dps instead of inflating it. Increasing everyone else's dps to makeup for a few OP classes is not the answer despite people thinking it is all you end up with after that is 5-6 classes that do too much dps so you have to make raid mobs have even more hp/ac.

These changes do nothing to fix the main issue though so why make them at all.
  15. segap Augur

There should be no need to lower dps. Casters seem mostly fine as is. The upcoming campaign could restore some balance by stagnating some classes while others get some boost. The biggest problem right now really isn't class imbalance (it's not perfect, but it's not as far out of whack as it might appear), it's content design. You cannot fix content bias through nerfs or boosts. You have to let the content expire and design better content the next round.
    Yimin, Mayfaire and Iila like this.
  16. Iila Augur

This patch dropped for test on Tuesday, and it also broke the test launchpad.

It's now Friday, no dev has said a thing about the changes in this patch. Plenty of tweets and posts about TLP transfers and raids in that time.

We're either getting a bad news on Friday notice of doom, or none at all. Absolutely nothing has changed in terms of this team's views on game/class balance or communications with Live players.

And the test launchpad is still broken. Bets on if that part also gets pushed to Live?
    Elricvonclief and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

This does fix burstained some as nuking dps becomes a bit more burst oriented again and loses out in sustained. The crit cap change nerfs mages quite a bit from what I have seen and stems from one crt's issues with their ae nukes.

Melee are pleading to get away from a huge spike for 30 seconds and then a plummet, the devs seemed to agree with this. Only now they are putting two casters back into this now. Unless they have loads of enchanters and druids at their disposal to chain cast stuff. Similar to auspice chains and crit rate these days.
    Motherlee likes this.
  18. Reval Augur

I vote that instead of other changes to dps, they just make all instances in the game pvp. That'll be a fun and interesting challenge for all the people that aren't used to it. It'll at least challenge their mind a little bit, and provide some entertainment instead of stalling them in such a boring way.

Watch all those mages rain people and kill your entire raid by accident. Looks like their dps has been curtailed! And swarm pets, that'll be hilarious. After the 8'th time your tank dies from virulent talon, I'm sure you'll figure out the puzzle lol.
  19. Slasher Augur

Not sure if you're serious or not. Melee dps is trash its not even within 50% of the top 2 caster classes.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

You are exaggerating but yes the gap is big on sustained single target. Last I checked no melee were geared towards sustained except pre discs and when mana actually expired. Melee fought tooth and nail for yellow mana.