Unwrap your mystery bonus item

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaptAmazing, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Siddar Augur

No it's a SoE error you enter code and choose a SC amount and it auto moves you to next step without applying the code you have entered. Enter code, then choose SC amount is not a error by customer it's a completely normal aproach to the purchase in question. It should ether auto apply a code when you enter it just like SC or it should not auto move forward when you choose a SC amount.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Really? That's your argument? SC you still have to hit something to actually apply the code (there it's the only thing on screen; whereas in this instance there's that nice button right next to the box that says apply). Sorry but someone who doesn't read 1 word over from where they are on screen isn't going to win much sympathy and I'm happy if SoE helps them out but that just shouldn't be put on SoE as a burden.
  3. Siddar Augur

Just stop your wrong end of story. Customer is offered a mystery gift and has no idea when that gift will appear in the purchase chain. They entered the code for that gift and then chose a SC amount. They have no reason to believe that the code they entered wasn't automatically applied when the SC choice moved them to the next screen automatically.

If SoE attempted to use your argument with any bank getting a charge back over this they would get put on a fraud list over it. Not for the error in question but for attempting to defend it as the customers fault.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I got 50% for main account and double for box account with most of my alts. Guessing their metric was something about SC spent? Since I've used a lot more sc on secondary acct compared to main.
  5. Crystilla Augur

LOL I'm not SoE. But immediately next to the text box you enter the code in is a HUGE yellow box that says Apply! (AKA this box is larger than the actual text box you put the code in; it's just accidental sloppiness on the player's part if they miss it).

That's all I'm saying. If someone didn't click apply, that's no one else's fault other than their own.
  6. Siddar Augur

I'm done with you.

Your argument has zero logic and could well land you in prison if you ever ran a company.

Please stop advocating for credit card fraud on these forums.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They put a gun to your head? Seriously? :)
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Finally got some emails on a couple of my accounts.. best was a 50% so far
  9. Stickietoes Augur

o_O
    Crystilla likes this.
  10. Jasmy Journeyman

This is going until 11:59PM Pacific? I just tried to redeem my code and couldn't, and it's 11:20PM Pacific atm. Not that it matters that much, just wanted to try since I had the time .
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This is just good comedy at this point. You guys sent me 3 emails with 3 different codes. The first 2 didn't work, I tried them twice. I get the third and it says I've entered too many codes for 1 day. Get your act together. Seriously.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Stickietoes Augur

At least you got an e-mail :p

It's not the item, its the thought ;)
  13. Jeanmirac Elder

Friday was double SC on wife and I's accounts - today we're at 25% bonus - hoping for triple sc tomorrow ;)

<sarcasm>So what IS that big yellow 'APPLY' button for? What about that little question mark off to the side? All those letters... tl:dr...</sarcasm> o_O
  14. Elizabeta Augur

I guess coal is my gift. There have not been any emails to any accounts relating to any holiday gifts. The last ones received were for upgrading to Collector's Edition and the survey. Obviously the email on file works.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Cloudia Augur

Same, both my box accounts have received this, one with triple then 50%, other twice with 25% so far. Main account that spends sc more often? Nada.
  16. Borek-VS Augur

I'm getting code emails on 2 accounts (and I thought I had four opted in). These emails arrived at 5pm (UK) both days, so there's a distinctly short window to check them.
  17. Jeanmirac Elder

Bummer: Last day and wife got a 50% & I received another 25% offer - even had funds set aside for triple if it showed. Did do the double sc Friday - fingers crossed for something before the New Year.
    Back to fishing & tradeskilling Knomluc the tinker... (still working on roboboar upgrades)
  18. Savager Augur

I have only gotten it on 1 of 3 accounts and it was only 50% each time. I totally would have bought some up if I got a triple SC offer.
  19. Crystilla Augur

Gotten a double, then 50% then 25% so far.
  20. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

"Merry Christmas from SOE -- Now give us some money if you want a gift!"

I understand its a business, but that just seems to rub me the wrong way. In the 17+ years I have played this game, this has to be the worst Christmas Gift ever from SOE.

You guys are doing a bang up job chasing me away. And that's pretty hard to do since I have stayed with this game since 1998 when Bill Coyle [aka Solist] mailed me the beta disk's that August.