Unwrap your mystery bonus item

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaptAmazing, Dec 19, 2014.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

Anyone want to share what they've been getting?
  2. Kiillz Augur

25% they can keep it, triple I mighta been inclined.
  3. strongbus Augur

what mystery bouns item
  4. Kiillz Augur

should have got a email from SOE with a redemption code for SC cash
  5. Epos New Member

I have Everquest E-mails turned on for all of my accounts, and all of them got the e-mail with the exception of my main character's account. Is anyone else not getting the code that has EQ e-mails turned on?
  6. SaderakhBertox Augur

Its a % bonus if you buy some SC
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

I wasn't sure what to expect. It has a blaster saying 25% in one corner and 50% in the other with Triple and double SC at top and bottom respectfully.

Based on my previous experiences with SOE, I figured the bonus wouldn't live up to the hype or the urgency its trying to instill.

Almost seems like a "sell me this pen" pitch :p
  8. Crystilla Augur

Back when they told us to make sure we were opt'd in, this has to be one of the reasons why.

Editted to add: Today's code was a "Double SC" here so replenished some I used on EQResource's holiday contest.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

I got 50% on one account and double on another.
  10. CaptAmazing Augur

I'm just hoping to get an idea of the how it's determining what % you get or if enough respond, a rough idea of precentages.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

haven't gotten a single email on 10 accts with email turned on. maybe just US customers?
  12. Hayzeus Augur

Offered me double SC. I appreciate the offer, but all the other "gifts" I have been given don't require a purchase. A gift one has to buy is not a gift... it's a purchase.

Why didn't SoE just gift us an extra 500sc on our monthly claim or something?

gift = gift

purchase =! gift
    Hiladdar, mage101, Nniki and 2 others like this.
  13. Morthakia Augur

No emails on my four accounts either. My guess is the promotion didn't go out to folks who have recently purchased SC. Bummer.
  14. Hayzeus Augur

I recently used a game card to pick up several thousand SC (when they ran the double SC a few weeks ago), and I still received the offer.

All four of your accounts had the "opt in" checkmark in place? It's not enough to have EQ checked below. You specifically must have a checkmark in the Opt In box above the games being listed.
  15. Hayzeus Augur

although to be fair... it would seem they're calling it a mystery bonus, and not a gift. In fairness, I misread it, so it makes more sense to me now...
  16. Epos New Member

Yes, I am in the US, have not bought SC recently, and I also have Opt-in checked in all my accounts.
  17. Kiillz Augur

if was a gift per say? then give us the % dont put a gun to our heads to make a purchase to get it. just my thoughts.
  18. Lisandra Augur

I tried to use one for one of my box accounts & it kept telling me "invalid for the game you are using it for" except I was using SOE's main site & not picking any specific game.
  19. Crystilla Augur

There's a FAQ in the link when you get it (it's worth reading because it answered a bunch of my questions). Things like you can't apply this to any other account other than the one who received the email, etc.

Editted to add - you have to follow SoE's link in the email (it's not the normal redeem/activate link from their regular site you'd use). Lot of other things in the FAQ as well.

FB just had a post from an SoE person saying there are a lot of emails going out and (due to spam laws), wait until at least noon pacific before starting to be concerned if you haven't gotten anything yet.
  20. Lisandra Augur

Looks like yet another fail from the marketing department