[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

Really Daybreak had their own people to work on EQ before they bought them out from SOE??

Maybe step back a sec and look at the part where you start

Hobitses likes this.
  2. MBear Augur

Now you are just trolling.
    Worst part is someone was pushing this same line in the Monk channel in game the other day. Wonder if that was you as well.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Sony Online Entertainment, which was owned by Sony, wasn't a product owned by Sony, but had to change names because sony no longer owned it? Does that seriously even make sense?

Not hard to follow and is fact.
  4. Roguewiz Lorekeeper

First, it isn't unfair. A real dual/multi boxer is actually using real keystrokes on each account, not the use of a program to transmit commands. We're working hard than the normal player.

Episode I: The Boxer Menace
    Episode II: Attack of the Botters
    Episode III: Revenge of the Pissed
    Episode IV: No Hope
    Episode V: The Whiners Strike Back
    Episode VI: Return of the Normal Group
    Episode VII: [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] Awakens
    Warpeace likes this.
  5. Arrk Augur

Which came first the chicken or the egg?
  6. Tamier Augur

They have staff that was not a part of SoE, perhaps they hired them instead of them coming from one of their own companies. I'll conceed that point, the point is everyone at DBG's is not from SoE. Only some of them are, and it doesn't sound like many. It is not the same company, nor the same staff in charge, that is the point being made.
  7. Zhutuak Augur

I am saying one key stroke should equal one action (or multiple depending if in game macro or not) for ONE ACCOUNT.

Making one keystroke for 6 accounts is not right and automating those other 5 accounts from the one you drive the 6 from.

You can not do this with in game functionality or macros and is the difference.
  8. Tamier Augur

I don't post in monk channel, and what you just called me is a violation of the rules.
  9. Potsos76 Augur

1. You're wrong.
    2. There are a million threads like this one. Stop making new ones.
    3. There are no "unfair advantages" when a system is open to all players.
    4. Bye, Felicia.
    Hobitses and Zechs like this.
  10. Zhutuak Augur

Then I stand corrected, however I can not see how having multi keyboards or computers to run multi games is is superior to in game window/mouse release. Switching comps/monitors and keyboards would take much longer than just dragging the mouse to task bar and clicking the account you want to pull up.
  11. Tamier Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not open to all players. Some people can barely afford the sub each month. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not a free program anyone can get. It costs $15 a month. Then there are those of us who can afford it, but refuse to cheat.
  12. Shmef Augur

so because its hard coded into the game makes it ok. pressing 1 key and getting 5 actions out of it in game is ok, but pressing 1 key and getting 5 actions (1 each across 5 boxes) is not ok. i see no difference in the 2. you are still not manually pressing 1 key for every action.
  13. MBear Augur

Let me distill it for you:
    A holding firm bought a company as part of its portfolio, renamed it, and directed layoffs to happen for profitability.
    Hobitses likes this.
  14. Blackdot New Member

Well, I for one took my 6 accounts off Ragefire. Too crowded for my taste. Now happily boxing on another server :)
    Silv likes this.
  15. Tamier Augur

Yes that is part of the story, the other part is that SoE employee's who used to be in charge of the company, no longer are. DBG's has its own head people, and they have been consistantly changing things that Sony did not. That is the entire point of the post.
  16. Potsos76 Augur

Yes it is. Cost is a limiting factor, but it's not unavailable. Same as having real life friends or a great guild. Not everyone has access to these, but they're available. Also, you said "boxing" not "[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]". Two different things. I've boxed for years and never even considered [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and never will. You are conflating the two purposely to forward your agenda. You never mentioned [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] in your OP at all.
    Zechs likes this.
  17. Potsos76 Augur

18. Troutfest Augur

All actions are equal, just some actions are more equal than others...
  19. Adrienna New Member

I am not trying to get in the middle of your anti-boxing crusade, and I am not going to resort to the mud-slinging that is so rampant on this forum. That being said, I think you either misunderstood me, or didn't take the time to actually read what I typed (or perhaps I was unclear, it's been known to happen). I have been 6-boxing for 4+ years, and I am well aware of what [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] can do when abused. Just because some people use it that way doesn't mean that we all do. It is a great tool that is very useful even when not violating the rules. Please don't lump all of us into one category. If you are talking about people who box 6 mages, then say that. Those players do not represent us as a group.
  20. Tamier Augur

It can't be done easily with a stick, or by any other means. Thats why everyone is paying $15 a month to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. It gives an advantage to doing it the hard way. An advantage that is unfair to the normal paying customer who doesn't want to pay $30 a month for a game billed at $15 a month.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.