[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sygny New Member

That is awesome but is Too much work for lazy bards like me. :)
  2. Tamier Augur

SoE did not become daybreak. DBG's existed while Sony did. They bought the product, and some of Sony people went to DBG's to work there instead of SoE. It is not the same company. I know ignorant people keep posting that on the forum, but its not true. Yes i'm aware of what piestro said, and it still doesn't matter.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Yes but Tamier cant wrap their head around that whole bit and would like to ignore it and hope it goes away. Because if it was real his argument would fall flat. Denial is a powerful tool.
  4. Shmef Augur

he was arguing that 1 key press should only equal 1 action, a macro that 1 key press will cast 5 spells is no different than [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] making 6 toons pet attack with 1 key press.
  5. Warpeace Augur

You might want to go see how that actually worked, your missing a few things to produce your own reality and facts out of the situation.
  6. jagarr Augur

i hope you've ditched the cigs since ;)

4 years clean for me on november 6th!!
    Fallfyres, Crom-Eci and Silv like this.
  7. Wichie Wtf New Member

In case it wasn't clear from my first post, I am in complete agreement with you.
    Tamier likes this.
  8. Apple New Member

So the one apple is a human player and the oranges are genetically engineered clones that copy the actions of the apple automatically. Sort of like the oranges are automatons ... or robots or ... omg they are just like BOTS ... holy crap !!

K I don't want to alarm anyone here ... but using BOTS is not a good thing ...
  9. Arrk Augur

EQ macros are IN GAME TOOLS... it is not the same thing. There is no issue using in game tools to play the game...
  10. Warlorf Augur

I agree with this assessment. I'm tired of trying to farm gear for my rogue only to see this occur and then the item I was after up for auction for an ungodly amount. I'm OK with certain boxers. Its these type that ruin EQ for the rest of us. And before anyone says anything ... I've asked to join only to be told " sorry we're pet tanking"
    Tamier likes this.
  11. MBear Augur

You keep spouting this nonsense and calling people ignorant when you are in fact, incorrect yourself.

Adrienna likes this.
  12. Tamier Augur

That is true, but ingame tools will now allow one keystroke to provide 6 actions on 6 seperate accounts. It won't even let you do 2 actions on 2 different accounts. It allows you to do multiple actions, on ONE account per input.
  13. Tamier Augur

That is exactly what I said, A new company, listed above, bought the existing product. They did not keep the people, they didn't keep most of the people. They had their own staff. They hired a few of SoE's people to join them, or allowed them to stay, that is all. It is not the same company, that is what I have been saying. Thank you for proving your own ignorance.
  14. Roguewiz Lorekeeper

The divisive issue is the transmission of commands to multiple accounts with one key press. Everquest in of itself does not have that capability, thus the need for 3rd Party Software.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service#section9
    1. CHEATING

Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. The sale or exchange of accounts, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, Krono and/or in-game currency for real world money or monetary value is prohibited, except when purchased from Daybreak or otherwise expressly permitted by Daybreak in its sole and absolute discretion. Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of any end user that engages in any form of cheating, or that attempts in any way to disable, circumvent, or tamper with any anti-hacking or anti-cheating components or features of any Daybreak Game(s).
    Apple likes this.
  15. Goodnews Augur

Whether I am a company or a politician, I want to appeal to the broadest audience possible. That will be my best chance for success.
    So if there is a way to appeal to different groups of people retaining and adding in more revenue streams, it just makes sense.
    Boxers bring revenue. No question about it. I was surprised by the number of 6boxers I saw running around on Ragefire. That's over $700/year. DBG should be smiling.
    What is important is to diversify your portfolio. Do not put all your eggs in the boxer basket.
    Cater to both groups if its possible. You should want both revenue streams. Right now, that is not being done.
    Instead servers go dark and people offer arguments and thoughts about why it did, but most do not want to admit that boxing may have had something to do with it.
    Create 1 non-boxing server with a similar TLP ruleset and they'll be retaining all those 30+ gamers (and possibly their children). The best part is there is no danger of alienating the rest of their customer base. They have already been catered to and adding an additional server to appeal to a broader audience would do nothing to change that.
    Tamier and Apple like this.
  16. Arrk Augur

Your arguing with the wrong person... i despise [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and its cancer....
    Tamier likes this.
  17. Shmef Augur

what? https://forums.station.sony.com/soe...nt-becomes-daybreak-game-company.11500068269/

SOE is not nor every was the company sony. sony is a major multinational corporation with many many many sub companies under them in different markets. SOE was one of these companies and they were sold by sony, to columbus nova. they changed the name because soe stands for sony online etertainment. they were not owned by sony anymore hence the change. the company didnt split. there was no some went to DBG and some stayed at SOE. a large number did get canned from layoffs right after they were bought.
    Hobitses likes this.
  18. MBear Augur

Maybe you are confused because you don't realize Columbus Nova is an investment firm?
    They bought SOE from Sony and renamed it to Daybreak. It is now an independent company that resides in the holdings of the investment firm Columbus Nova. There was no Daybreak and it had no employees for SOE employees to go work for. You are just being obstinate now.
    Hobitses and Adrienna like this.
  19. Tamier Augur

Sony Online Entertainment, which was owned by Sony, wasn't a product owned by Sony, but had to change names because sony no longer owned it? Does that seriously even make sense?
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I think this is a nice write-up.

I want to say though that I'm not really against boxing in general, I'm just disappointed it's so rampant on Ragefire. On any other server I don't care, but on RF you have warm bodies sitting in a queue waiting to get on while others fill multiple player slots with boxes. I get the argument about they are paying for subs bla bla bla, but this is a game and I want to see as many people playing it and having fun as possible.

If the server maxes out at 4000 connections and is actually hitting that number, anything which reduces the number of actual human players is suspect in my opinion. This seems like an impossible concept too many around here but it's very simple to me. You can have 4000 happy customers playing on 4000 accounts, or you can have 3500 players playing on 4000 accounts. You make the same amount of money both ways, but without boxes you have more happy customers. This is a very simple business decision in my mind.

Note that I'm only speaking in reference to a server at max capacity.
    Crom-Eci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.