TSS Headshot Proc Rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Varu, May 3, 2018.

1. Guzzle Augur

I think we can actually say for certain that you simply don't know what you're talking about. You clearly haven't played a ranger on any of the relevant TLP's at this time, nor have you paid attention to any rangers.

BotD certainly procs headshot far more often, and as of level 65 in GoD, it was the most reliable bow to headshot with. Plane of Nightmare and Temple of Droga testing confirmed it. Featherwood now vs BoTD, BoTD blew it away despite having a worse ratio.

It sounds like everyone else seems pretty certain that with the TSS AA, the proc rate is roughly set at the 2ppm, whereas the ranks below are either correctly or incorrectly higher albeit against lower level mobs.

Feel free to do your own testing and submit your results instead of "ohhh but this is what the patch notes and dev's said!". Evidence suggests that even the dev's and patch notes end up being wrong due to human mistakes.
  2. Lankie Augur

What PPM did you get with each bow? Oh wait you didn't even parse it.
  3. Numiko Augur

This thread reminds me of when someone pointed out the 51 Strength of Nature gave more +ATK then the 60 Strength of Tunare and someone tracked it down to the fact Tunare had been nurfed years before but Nature never had been... Dev's fixed that next patch when it was brought to their attention. :rolleyes:
  4. Lankie Augur

Yep, if it shows lower ranks of HS have higher than 2ppm, it will be fixed.
  5. Guzzle Augur

Just as I suspected, thanks for proving my point.
  6. Varu Journeyman

Every mob in the instance I run can be headshotted and headshot landed on every mob with the 47 delay bow. It just took way longer for it to proc vs using a BotD. It also has the exact same mob numbers and layout each go. Religious is the one who was in an instance where you can't headshot every mob.
  7. Varu Journeyman

Every mob can be headshotted, time between pulls would be exactly the same as I always do it, rooting did take up more time because it procced less, and no afk time for any of it. Also it is the time from the first mob to the last mob, not how long I was in the instance.
  8. Numiko Augur

Good place to test it would be in Halls of Honor, everthing is within a tight level range, well spaced, easy to pull singles and its usually empty so you would be able to run around and have unlimited mobs to HS.
  9. Gingyr Elder

its pretty obvious to any ranger its vastly different proc rates, doesnt require an 8 hour parse or even counting. its just that blatantly obvious
  10. Numiko Augur

What i would be interesting in testing is if the OP is right and do the procs drop off dramatically as we buy higher levels of HS when TSS launches.

The which Bow is best is a side issue to me.
  11. Baldur Augur

^ this.

Those of you arguing that it's 2 ppm no matter delay are talking out your . You've obviously never played a ranger on a TLP with a BotD and headshot before TSS. If you have you definitely wouldn't be arguing that delay doesn't matter, because it's so obvious in the game.

And Varu's test actually proves it for those wanting proof. Every mob he's killing in his instance can be headshot and he headshots every mob. If delay didn't matter there would be almost no time difference, yet the time difference for the slower bow but better ratio is a lot more than BotD.
  12. Numiko Augur

they are not arguing, they are quoting a Dev. in official patch notes from 2014, big difference.

Either the Dev was wrong, or more likely the Fix that occurred in 2014 did not work and is broken on the first several levels of headshot.... which I find is the most likely correct answer.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Quoting a Dev IS arguing, on these forums it seems, since the devs so often post incorrect or incomplete information. Perhaps that's inevitable with a game of this age and complexity, but Everquest is the only game I know where you see players regularly correcting dev posts / information. Often, it's a "Yes, but not in this weird circumstance." As it seems to be in this case--the dev post from 2014 is accurate, except on progression servers pre-tss/level 71+.
    Numiko likes this.
  14. Lankie Augur

Sorry if a ranger saying "feels faster than 2ppm" that doesn't count as a counter argument. Bring a parse or go home.
  15. Numiko Augur

I think Machentoo is correct. Often the Devs are unsure how the game actually works, and when they think they correct one thing they end up breaking something else.

It more then likely is correct that the Bow of the Destroyer is the best HS bow, but it should not be if the AA was working as intended and it appears if what the OP states is true, the AA seems to correct itself once you buy the TSS AA's
  16. Coppercoz Augur

It would be nice to see more info in the posted log. However, if you go back and look at the data, you’ll see runs of up to 7 ppm and several of 6 ppm. When you factor in delays because of targeting or just plain lack of nearby mobs I just don’t see how the proc rate could be time based given the frequency of those high ppm HS runs. Trying to average over total time is not a good way to interpret the data particularly since the time you need is how much of that time was autofire on and could proc on a target.

It certainly suggests to me the ranger is given a chance to proc each hit or possibly each attack prior to L71 aa.
  17. Pukkun New Member

Devs, could we please get a reply confirming if this proc rate change is intended or not? Having played a ranger on live recently enough to compare, the rank 7 proc rate is broken. Comparing rank 4 and rank whatever my 105 ranger has is roughly similar, but the rank 7, I can go multiple mobs, killed completely with the bow, before I get a proc at rank 7. Please look into it if this isn't intended.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We did it!
    Machentoo likes this.
  19. monkypowah Elder

hs is fine the way it is.. have a toon using it phinny (tss) and on a live server.. its RNG (pun intended)
  20. Machentoo Augur

It is a bit sad how predictable some of these things are.