TSS Headshot Proc Rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Varu, May 3, 2018.

1. Kolani Augur

Please don't be repeating this. It hasn't been true for years and serves no purpose other than confusing new players who roll rangers.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It was true, for ranks 1-4. Probably will no longer be true after the patch.

It seems pretty conclusive based on parses people have provided on the TLP's that when they revamped headshot, they only revamped ranks 5 and up, and 1-4 still worked under the old system where delay mattered. So for the tlp's, prior to TSS, Bow of the Destroyer actually IS the best HS bow. Until the patch anyway.
  3. Kolani Augur

That may be so - I doubt it, but it may be, but that information invariably makes it's way to live and newly minted 85s heroic rangers that spent way too much money on a BoD can't figure out why it's not working.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lol pof is next

Dont make me quit alting.
    Dythan likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

What is funny is up to just a couple weeks ago a Dev was arguing (in another thread over on live side) that there was no difference in the proc rates between the lower levels of TS and the higher ... I guess someone finely bothered to check.
  6. Machentoo Augur

So you are complaining about accurate information being posted to the TLP forums that correctly describe our playing conditions (and, apparently, Live up to level 70), because it might confuse people on live?

Ok... I think we are going to just keep posting the truth.

Either way the devs corrected the discrepancy so the issue should go away.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

(gets out his crystal ball) I'm guessing 1-2 patches from now this gets "fixed" again, as I bet they're basing the proc rates on live gear, and ranks 1-4 will be largely pointless as it will never proc w/ the gear we have on TLPs :p

Bet.
  8. Ryak Augur

I would assume that as part of this they scaled the benefit from hdex from higher to lower appropriately as the ranks increase.

I could defintely be wrong, but it would be the "right" thing to have done.
  9. Baldur Augur

It's not just ranks 1-4, it's all ranks on TLPs. Not sure when, if ever, it becomes worthwhile.

Headshot is totally worthless on TLPs now. Archery does less damage than melee once you hit GoD anyways, so with such a low proc rate on headshot and you're killing lower level mobs anyways, you're better off just meleeing the mobs.

If the whole point is to make it so players never use headshot on TLPs, then mission accomplished.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Or maybe it was changed years ago and players enjoyed an overlooked bug?

I've been in a headshot group and even if they cut down the ranks a little it won't kill that type of group.
  11. Baldur Augur

On live? Or on a TLP with ranks 1-4 before this nerf?

If so, then yeah, it was fine. Now on a TLP, maybe if you had 4+ rangers in the group.

I play on phinny and it's so not worth it at all. Level cap is 75, HS goes up to level 70 mobs, which is CRAP exp compared to mobs in AG/FC. If it proced like it did on ranks 1-4 then maybe, but not now. It procs like 1-2 times a minute. Level 70 mobs melt with regular melee. And with rangers already being lower dps than just about any other dps class, even bards now in TSS, it just adds insult to injury.

The only use I can see for it anymore is a ranger soloing lower level mobs. Or going to kill lower level raid mobs that can be headshot.
  12. Ryak Augur

Excellent point! The next patch will probably prevent it working on mobs flagged as raid bosses, too :p
  13. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Or maybe its because bards are horribly broken and crit for 45k.
  14. Numiko Augur

I don't find HS to be totally useless, farming castle 2 in fire for TS mats my best run has been 5 mobs and a row, and 6 out of 7 another time.

It's not the machine gun is was at lower levels but it's still a nice bonus.
  15. Baldur Augur

Appreciate the name calling (and the wonderful grammar), really helps make your point...

I assume by maw and manarecursion you mean panther and manaflare? Bards get the benefit from panther as well you know...

Maybe it was a little hyperbole, but rangers do get outparsed by bards often now in TSS, especially if the bard gets a little lucky and gets a few crits on bellow.

My guild has around 10 mages/wizards and only 2-3 enchanters, so rangers never get manaflare.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well i can't speak for advanced servers but on agnarr headshot groups is a thing where you have 3 or more rangers in a group. I don't level much but its pretty common to see rangers advertise hs when lfg.
  17. Kolani Augur

Now that we've determined the discrepancy was based on the aa itself and not the piece of equipment, can we at least come to the consensus that the live players insistence is correct, and the headshot rate on TLP has less to do with the delay of the weapon than it does the state of the ability prior to rank 5?
  18. Snomie Elder

Nope.
  19. Kolani Augur

Well, you'll still be wrong, but go ahead with that.
  20. Snomie Elder

Nope. If headshot was previously working the way it does AFTER this sudden AA fix, then you'd have been right. However, due to the old way headshot was working, delay of the bow really did make a solid difference as anyone on TLP with a headshot ranger can tell you.

Unless your point is that you are actually a time traveler and was actually confused as to which timeline you had just returned to and this is why you mistakenly posted about the post-nerf headshot before the change even happened. If so, then I 100% understand the confusion.