Truebox - Fact vs. Fiction

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SuinegFoH, Feb 19, 2019.

1. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

I have been an apiarist for nigh on a score of years now. When I started we built our boxes by hand. It was called “true” if the wood was straight and you could hold a metal angle to it with a 1 degree tolerance.

Now I am beholden to the mating cycle of my bees not unlike the majestic bixies we know and love. As a result I can only play for a 17 minute window every 13 hours. I can’t afford actual computers on my budget selling artisan hemp flower based honey products at the farmers market.

This is why we need to abolish true boxes both for beekeeping and Everquest. Why are we beholden to these standards of perfection? Do you want your daughters to be raised in a society that doesn’t allow degenerates to hold entire zones down by themselves? Do you honestly want an economy that is boring and clean like your mother’s soul on her wedding day?

No you want it nitty and gritty like a full and sticky honeycomb dropped onto a pile of legos. Abolish truebox because prohibition didn’t work in the 20’s and it’s not going to work 100 years later.
    Silinius likes this.
  2. Evade Augur

Honestly I'd prefer 1 IP per account unless approved by Devs like P99 but I'll accept 1 comp 1 account
  3. Silinius Augur

I agree with Suineg on this... think about the Bee's Daybreak.
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  4. Rotlust Augur

I guess in 2019 we can make everything conflate and it be O.K. Prohibition.

The problem with non-truebox is that it ruins the experience for everyone else. If your time is so limited, instead of asking for something that ruins the experience for everyone, play solitaire. It's a good solo game.

I, for one, find this post racist and oppressive. People in developing countries can not afford computers that allow for many boxes.
  5. Maze Elder

If Selo's/Mangler doesn't work for you, there's always Legacy of Norrath.....
  6. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

I only wish that we could get an EQOA TLP to box on.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

It shouldn't be our fault to suffer based on your bad choices (honey products are notoriously competitive and your average farmer's market will have several to choose from).

I applaud you for trying to make something of yourself, but we shouldn't pay for your mistakes.
  8. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

If we don’t do something every bee on the planet will be dead by May 2012 and we will be dead 16 months later.
  9. Elyani Augur

1 account per IP or one IP per account? LOL

But seriously, nah. And not because I am anti-truebox, but because I also play with other people in my household. A fair amount of people do, too. Can't say how many couples are in my guild, but a good chunk! And unlike P99, I highly doubt the DBG Devs want to spend their time approving secondary accounts on a single IP.
    Yinla, snailish and Barton like this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Be that as it may, and I'm not saying you're wrong, it is a capitalistic market we live in, and there are certain laws that it predictably follows.
  11. Jadefox Augur

Well, at least then you'll have time to play EQ properly, wontcha?

--Jade likes honey
  12. Risiko Augur

Multi-boxing + AoC = EverQuest go boom.

DBG doesn't like for EverQuest to go boom, so no multi-boxing unless AoC goes away.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Pure speculation on your part.

Live has had multiboxing and instanced raids for longer than the TLP's existed.
    Balderdash and Motahead like this.
  14. Elyani Augur

Honestly, I'd take multi-boxing with no AoC, as long as /pickzones were still there! Racing was fun on Lockjaw, but the stupid rotation being enforced by DBG made it stupid. It was okay when it was player enforced. They should never have gotten involved with it.
  15. Risiko Augur

It's the same reason for why picks close so fast if there isn't enough people in them.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Wrong. Pickzones work differently than instanced zones.

You are arguing that they want less paying accounts and less accounts playing at one time. That somehow allowing boxing would result in too many subscriptions and too many accounts playing at once. Do you really think DBG wants less money?
  17. ShivanAngel Augur

I was in the hardcore guild on ragefire, racing was.... sure we will call it fun....

camping your toons out/afking in zones where baddies were supposed to spawn.
    Takeing shifts keeping PoF clear for if/when CT spawned.
    Your phone going off at 3am waking you up to kill said boss that spawned.

Was it fun, meh i dunno if that was the right word. It was interesting but not sure I would call it fun lol.
    Kittany likes this.
  18. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Weird, we both agree that DBG wouldn’t pass up free money.

It’s almost like they know something you refuse to believe and that multi boxing actually drives people away more than it brings in ....
  19. Risiko Augur

That's not what I said, but you're on a tare, so why stop you.
  20. The Hated One Augur

Boxer server with AoC's go Boom population. Would be more accounts there than the other 2 combined I bet.
    Balderdash likes this.