Truebox - Fact vs. Fiction

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SuinegFoH, Feb 19, 2019.

1. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

DBG is the loser financially despite all you want to think, or they would have done it. They would have done it half a dozen times by now. They would have done at least one since the first mistake. They have not and not because they don't like free money.
  2. Slornak Journeyman

Sorry don't understand your response I'm afraid. It's late here /sigh

It seems whichever way DBG goes, if they stick to one ruleset they're going to upset one group of customers. Why? Just make both and keep everyone happy. The P99 crowd get to play the way they want and the multi-account group likewise. Win - win.
  3. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

There is obviously not actually money in a boxing TLP server is what I am saying or they would have made one any time in the past 3 years.

They are choosing not to because it doesn't make financial sense to them. If they earned $1 in profit you best believe they would turn on a TLP boxing allowed server tonight.
    oldkracow likes this.
  4. Slornak Journeyman

OK. Now I follow you. However, that's assumption piled on speculation. If you'd prefixed that with 'My opinion is...' I'd have kept up with you.

Only DBG know why they've done it this way. It may have been as simple as oversight, or not realising the demand was actually there. Hence this sort of post to remind them - should that have been the case - that it actually is.
  5. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

That's assumption based on many years playing these games and interacting with them at a deep level. That is from running a business. That is from a lot of things.

Even if the CEO comes down and tells you "we are not allowing boxing because we don't like it" that doesn't mean by the time they said it and the time I typed it that this is still the case. Some things are just shy of being a fact while still very much being as close to fact as possible.
  6. Stewgottz Augur

They said they can't, not won't, instance classic and that happened.. just saying.

Make the AOC/No truebox server you shoulda made in the first place. If they postponed RF/LJ 3 months and released them with AOCs, they would never have had to make Phinny, Coirnav, (maybe they woulda rolled out agnarr). Think about the entirety of these servers' life span Devs. A lot of your players don't reroll on every new server every single year every single time with a new laundry list of demands to make their game easier.
    Klang likes this.
  7. Slornak Journeyman

Well, ok then. If it's a 'fact' then you (and that's 'you' as in the anti-boxing crowd, not you personally) don't need to say or do anything at all on these forums do you? As you 'know' that there'll never be another non-truebox progression server.

Not seeing that are we? And that *is* a fact. Which sort of undermines your other one...

Anyway, I (unlike some) don't wish to stop people playing the way they want to. Have a 'grouping is mandatory and you can only go to these 3 zones to get xp*' server if that's what you want. All I want is a choice.

*Yes, I exaggerate for effect, but FFS if I ever see Unrest or L Guk again...
  8. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Did you read the first post? I was LARPing as a beekeeper in favor of multi boxing.

I don’t “need” to make any posts here, ever. I don’t need to argue for or against boxing, I play the game I am given and if I don’t like what is given then I play something else.

All you want is a choice .... that choice is called Live. You don’t want “just a choice” you want to pick where your choices come from.

I can see that reading comprehension is not a strong point for you though so that will just whoosh right over your head.
    Motahead likes this.
  9. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Whoosh is the sound a bey makes when it flies past you by the way.
  10. Jadefox Augur

"Whoosh," Said the Ottoman provincial governor as he flew by.

--Snickering Jade
    Chatoyan likes this.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Luckily not everyone believes in your mindset or I would be drinking New Coke right now and not my Coca-Cola Classic.
    Barton likes this.
  12. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Oh but you are, they just stopped throwing it in new clothes and marketing campaigns.
  13. Kittany Augur

This is a misconception. *Most* of the box army people simply do not pay for their accounts. Somebody else does. If the rate of krono's being bought dimishes, the box armies buying the kronos for plat would diminish. Cause and effect.

Now, I'm not advocating for people to stop paying for Kronos. But, the majority of the box armies who buy kronos for plat contribute absolutely nothing to DBG's except for inflating the the servers economy and monopolizing content with the sole intent on supporting the box army.
  14. Stewgottz Augur

Ok cool. I didn't realize 2 people paying 14.99 each to play 1 account each is more than 1 person paying 14.99 for one account and 17.99 for a krono to trade ?

Thanks for clearing that up.
  15. Ceffener Augur

Except I’m not drinking that overly sweet crap that tasted like Pepsi. But if you can’t remember when both were on the market at the same time and think the company just rebranded it without telling people, good for you I guess.

They did just change the Coke Zero recipe though, and it sucks now.
  16. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

It's called gradual change. I liked all the gimmick sodas when they came out including Coke II, Crystal Pepsi, and Dr. Slice.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

You mean these people streaming from their wood-paneled bedrooms with sheets over the windows aren't forking over $400 a month to powerlevel other gamers because it's fun?
  18. Kittany Augur

Ok. Lets frame it this way: Lets say you have one person paying 14.99 for one account. This same person buys a krono to sell for plat for 17,99. So, that one person is now paying 32.98.

Another person buys the krono for plat and uses it to add 30 days to his/her account. How much is that person giving DBG's? A good many boxers are not directly contributing to the financial health of DBG's in that regard.

And logic can presume, if you're spending money on an account and buying kronos, you are the target customer that DBG's wants.
    Koshk likes this.
  19. Stewgottz Augur

DBG farms every pick of the Krono dragon. They literally have it on perma farm. If you see someone boxing 50 toons, that means DBG sold 50 krono. Hell maybe dude even pays $$ for 2 or 3 accounts.
  20. Kittany Augur

I think you sorta missed the entire point and subject of the post. I wasn't talking about how many krono's DBG's sold. I was talking about the target audience.