Treant =/= Beast!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regnon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Tharrg Augur

I would have prefered a Wasp... however.. I dont mind a plant. In fact I am thinking about changing the race of my Beastlord win it goes live. Im tired of the Giant Cat.....
  2. Langya Augur

Behold...the new warder
    [IMG]
    Sinestra and Naugrin like this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

That is assuming they allow changes. I know it was one of the devs that said they hoped it wouldn't be allowed.
  4. Draego Augur

Behold the new and dreaded Wood Elf Beastlord Warder
    [IMG]

Time to "mow over" some Halflings and a Wizard.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Tharrg Augur

Its does make some sense that a "WOOD" Elf would have a Tree for a pet..... .. I just cant wait to see them use the AA to turn into the same thing as pet and fight.... =)
  6. Putrify Elder

Guessing if you bought a race change potion from the SC store, it'd work.
    Tharrg likes this.
  7. Draego Augur

So sad, if not for the lame SOE Warder choice (again thanks on keeping the info withheld until AFTER unlocking the vote), this probably could have been a good thing.

What gets me is SOE is claiming Tunare herself is granting the class a Treant warder, I want to know how they justify that when Tuna (edit: yes from now on her name is that of a type of fish) herself is guarded by a pair of black panthers.

Could have been a really kool Race/Class combo had SOE taken the time to get player input before locking us into a weighted vote. Re-run the vote from stage 2 with Wood Elf Beasty vs Dwarf SK (or Iksar Zerker) and Gnome Beasty vs which ever not against the wood elf and I guarantee you would see a totally different ending result.

But again, heh we all know SOE had already made their decision and rigged the vote.
  8. Sinestra Augur

They don't have to allow race changes to them. They could disable that choice.
  9. Tharrg Augur

They make more money if they dont lock it. Take that into consideration. This is SOE>.. they want to make money. Locking an item that you have to spend money on.. would not be a wise decision.
  10. Malbro Augur

A drixie from FV would be a good pet also.
  11. Sinestra Augur

You should think of the bigger picture. People who have to start a new character are likely to buy things while leveling it up. Both make them money.
  12. Tharrg Augur

Possibly.. but I doubt they will lock it. I at least hope not... Im tired of the Vahshir I have.. and would love if she was a wood elf.
  13. Sinestra Augur

Well since race change potions are relatively new, we won't know until they say. They have never had race change potions when they've introduced new race/class combos and usually people just level up new characters. One of the devs was in favor of not allowing it, but one dev doesn't make all the decisions.
  14. Tarrin Augur

I hope they don't allow it initially. Say, until the release of the first following expansion.
  15. Tharrg Augur

Well they allowed it in progression servers with unlocks of each expansion... so I will keep finger crossed.
  16. Draego Augur

I've said it before and I will say it again,
    (EDIT: replacing what got clipped out when trying to add the images)

give me something dealing with Lore and maybe I could support the decision.

Give me a plant in the form of an animal, use similar Lore methods dealing with Takish Hiz lore, then maybe I could support a treant as a pet, but as it currently stands... this is the most illogical asinine decision SOE could have made for this new Race/Class combo.

I will be a bit more specific with the Lore aspect. Take creatures like ANY of the Goral, or Braxi, or Kangon type mobs they are Animals with Plant-like appearences, to me this would fit the lore better than a Treant.

At least then it is a animal, though it may look like a plant.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/Im/image/230761 (sorry cant get the image to upload so went with the link)
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/Im/image/218536
    EDIT: I really wouldn't be OK with the Pink, but I would still take it over the Treant.

Won't be making any money off of me so long as the warder reamains a tree.
  17. Sinestra Augur

I found the thread here

But, he may not get his way. Progression servers are a completely different monster.
  18. Braveheart Augur

I don't want to be a troll, but if you can't find the "≠" the proper way to write it is <>. I'm just saying!

But I agree, a treant is ≠ an animal.
  19. Tharrg Augur

The Treant is an animal with the Plant subtype or Template... depending on how you like to say it.. and thus technically it is an animal. It is just not affected anymore by spells or effects that target only animals =)
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is it animal, mineral or vegetable?

It's a vegetable!