Treant =/= Beast!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regnon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. nevuti New Member

You know what would be funny too, If the pets cast root! :D
  2. Izcurly Augur

Bst pets don't come with innate procs. They're all added with spells.
  3. Draego Augur

Considering that the entire Beastlord class was built upon the premise that they were a combination of Shaman and Monk to begin with..uhm der. Ok sorry I had to get that /rant out.

The problem with this is that Druids and Shaman are not exactly alike, they have differing schools of thought, philosophy, and traits. By insinuating that a Wood Elf could be a Beastlord, because Wood Elves have Druids, is insulting to any Wodd Elf Druid out there. Yes, I have one, I also have 2 Beastlords and 2 Shaman. If you are comparing the classes based on types of spells they can cast, then sure they have things in common, they can heal, cast dots or nukes, and some cross class buffs, but that is where their similarities via spell casting ends.

By what you say in the last part you are making the new Beastlord race/class akin to Mages even. The point is the class was predefined by SOE themselves, now they are changing that definition. Not everyone can stomach the decision as it goes against all aspects of game lore, class definitions, and racial presets. Basically SOE would have done better to announce that they were exchanging the "BooBoo Bear" that druids currently have access to, for a tree and given the new beastlord class the bear model instead.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Draego Augur

/AMEN
  5. Malachi Augur

Are race change in the cash shop still available? I haven't logged in a long while but changing my beasty into a wood elf would rekindle my interest again.
  6. Sinestra Augur

We haven't heard one way or another whether this will be an option as a race change yet.
  7. Tadenea Augur

and Snakes drop Fine Feathers should we call them a bird type
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Tharrg Augur

Its a fantasy game.. why not....
  9. Sinestra Augur

So your point is that it doesn't matter. Then why bother tagging them at all. Just make everything the same type and all spells affect them in that way.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Izcurly Augur

While the comparision is valid, at the time Beastlords were implemented (Luclin expansion), devs said emphatically that they were their own class, not based on others. Remember, originally the only monk-like ability they got was non-magical H2H (monk hands became innate magic weapons after level 30, and that really mattered back in corpse-retrieval days). The shaman relationship was more obvious, with weak versions of shaman buffs. They were also like mages, in that they had useful pets. And they were like clerics, in that they could heal their pets with cleric-like (not shaman-like) spells, which was a unique ability at the time -- it took mages and necros years to get those heals.
    Malachi likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Minsc and Boo stand ready . . . . .

I would have liked a fae or maybe even a tamed crushbone orc. That would have been cool.
  12. Malachi Augur

To be honest, if it isn't going to be available, that would be even better! I need some motivation to start my beloved class from the ground up again!
    Either way, can't wait. I even logged in today for some grinding and chatting it up with old friends. Can't wait for the anniversary.
  13. Mykaylla Augur

Your logic is good, but it is built on a false premise. To whit:

Friend of the Tunarean Court

There are six crests, obtained from subquests that originate with members of the inner Tunarean Court themselves. The Crests are Wood Nymph, Unicorn (still broken and unobtainable, very very sad), Sifaye, Faun, Drixie, and Faerie Dragon. That's two dragonish types, from Lord Gossimerwind and Lord Prismwing. Moreover, other than a named from Morell's Castle which has no faction (not surprising, it's a dream creature), all of the drixies in game are either on the Tunarean Court faction, or share a faction with Firiona Vie/Storm Guard/Emerald Warriors (who are, of course, the wood elf warrior guild from Kelethin). Now fae drakes have their own faction- Sky Talons, and chromadracs (which have the same model as drixies) are Ring of Scale, but there are defintely small dragony individuals on the side of Tunare.
    Philphans and Pirouette like this.
  14. Tharrg Augur

I would have preferred a Wasp......
  15. Pirouette Augur

Anything native to Luclin would be totally inappropriate for a WE beastlord, but not all the creatures on Luclin were awful.
    [IMG]
    Who wouldn't want Red as their warder?!

As a texture artist I'd love to go in and make a few edits to the shading, but still, it's a unique and underused model.
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

Okay but are those small elements of drakes that are friendly to Tunare enough to constitute a drake being a companion of every future woodelf beastlord? I think not, and that's my personal opinion. I get that people think they are pretty and stuff but I don't think that is enough. Also, my premise was not false. I said Tunare and Veeshan have been enemies since the beginning of time. The fact that there is a small population of drakes that are on the side of Tunare does not negate that fact that she still hates Veeshan and all her followers in a general sense.
  17. funkelheime New Member

Halfling beastlord with a mammoth is where the money was!