TLP PVP Solves All Problems

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thegoat, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Nolrog Augur

PvP absolutely solves all the problems. You turn those servers into PvP and a huge majority of the population will quite because people either don't like PvP and PvP in EQ sucks. Problem solved.
  2. Dorigen Lorekeeper

3. Fleeting Augur

just help out the pvp server alrdy ffs. Rallos zek was a great server and even the 1st server to come together and kill the sleeper. zek deserves some love probably more than any other server we just dont sit on the boards 24/7 crying doesnt mean we dont want some help. I think its that we have become accustomed to u ignoring us =( that should make u as a company feel like a real mc as hole
  4. Matthias The Man Journeyman

PVP TLP Is a horrid idea.

I can just see it happening now. Mage army's one shorting players In camps. Classes with poor PVP balance (warriors clerics) would be non existent.
    Everyone plays Mage nec rog.

After 1 week even the PVP die hards quit as I sit on thier dead bodies with my Mage army.
    Qq starts

Look at all the drama on PVE - you think PVP will fix it? LOL

I'll take 2 of whatever he's smoking
  5. Reap Elder

Just use aoe mez on a chanter, mana seive. No wonder why Lonye > Dandin :eek:
  6. Necromonious Augur

There was a 5boxer that played 5 elemental shamans that actually got top10 ranked in my battlegroup (BG1 Reckoning) during season 2 WoW burning crusade arenas. We were the rank 1 team at the time but almost lost our first match w/ them, because by the time you are like "is that 5 shamans?" It's OMG EXPLOSIONS as they all cast that instant chain lightning on someone. The guy controlling them got semi-Internet famous for his 5box, he was decent, he would break off a shaman to heal and control the other four as 1 with one healing

Anyway, a boxer might not do terrible in pvp
  7. Matthias The Man Journeyman

Who's Lonye?
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Confined setting knowing you are about to do combat in a confined space (At least what I remember from my limited WOW play).... vs an open environment when combat is possible at any time without notice from any direction.....

Boxers would get rolled like no tomorrow.
  9. Thegoat Elder

I had this really cool write-up about the problems for PVE and PVP servers, but after proofreading (which more of you should do), I realized that what I was really outlining was a competitive game vs an noncompetitive game.

The first week of Ragefire, like all new servers, was extremely fun and competitive. I mustered up a rag-tag band of heroes and was the 7th person to hit 50 (behind the 6 player TL crew). Over the course of the grind I successfully navigated my way through training wars, charming named mobs, and kill/camp stealing. I did not kill any raid mobs due the the fact that I started the server without a guild, but I took the first group up to Hate and Sky to contest TL for loot. All of that was before the zone instancing change and was tons of fun, not for the faint of heart, and was the true EQ experience. I think the majority of the other players I encountered enjoyed that environment/rush too and that is why you didn't hear any whining/crying on the forums for the first week or two.

*Disclaimer* I am not going to use the word "casual" because I know of players who play casually that enjoy fierce competition. Instead I will refer to the people whining on the forums as "easy moders" or EMs.

As soon as the EMs started to hit zones like Lguk and SolB problems began to arise. The competitive players were taking camps/mobs by any means necessary and the EMs began to petition and post on the forums, which lead to the destruction of Everquest as we know it (zone instances, increased spawns, rotations).

I guess it really comes down to what are the reasons people play this game/server? I play this game to compete against other players/guilds to be the best player/guild/pvper/etc and make a name for myself. That is how I get my enjoyment. I know there are many other players on the server that feel the same. The EMs (who may be the majority or just more vocal) play this game to experience all the content without having to compete with other players, and that is how they get their enjoyment.

As soon as Daybreak put in the instancing patch, I canceled my subscription along with many of the people I played with. The game was no longer enjoyable. There was no competition, outside of raid mobs, and now there is no competition for raid mobs as well.

We all know that EQ is one of the greatest games of all time and that is why we keep coming back to play it. I wish Daybreak could figure out a way to cater to the hardcore player-base, and retain them for more than 1 subscription per new server, like they have catered to the EMs. A non-instanced PVE server would only be viable with full-time guide/GM assistance to enforce the PNP. A no rules PVE server would not be viable.The griefing would be 100 times worse than a PVP server if characters are not able to directly interact with one another. I see a PVP progression server as the lesser of many evils.

TLDR- There is no TLDR I think I made valid points throughout.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Well glad yall enjoyed it while it lasted.
    Frankly never got much pleasure from out griefing other players in a PvE game but if thats what floats your boat hope you find another game.
    I observe a certain class of player lets call them FEs (filthy elites) that claim to live and breathe competition yet limit such to a game where the very intention to cause grief yields the FE game style it's single and sole advantage. Unlike games designed from the start to be ultra competitive like Dark Fall where such attitude produces exactly no advantage due to everyone being in the game with a similar mind set.
    You see I think its you and those of that FE ilk that are the Easy Moders.
    Games are out there, go play them, make a name there.
  11. Urshulgi Augur

I played on Vallon Zek for four years, 2000-2004, and I agree with you. People who are trying to treat a pve server like it's a pvp server are doing it wrong. On a pvp server you can kill a group that's at a camp you want. On a pve server there are supposed to be PnP policies that people actually adhere to. Using a monk or SK to drop a train on a group occupying a camp you want, when no one in that group can hit you to break your FD and watch you die, is just low-class behavior.

People want pvp competition? There's a lot of games out there that offer a better, balanced version of it than everquest does, or ever did.

Funny story about a human monk trying to train me back in the day because I killed him and his shaman box in Burning Woods. He brought a group of four mobs at me and proceeded to FD right on top of me. Luckily i'd already had him targeted. Siced my pet on him, mobs stayed aggro on him, and he died right before my gate went off. Good times. He couldn't let a pvp death go, so he took an xp death. Good day for him.
  12. Thegoat Elder

There have been some posts about M Q 2 usage recently. If you don't like players who are using M Q 2... Kill them in PVP (or fraps them as they teleport away).