TLP PVP Solves All Problems

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thegoat, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Aekold Augur

The only problem that TL PVP would solve would be DBG needing to keep a server running. the first mage army to 50 would run literally every other player straight off the server. You think you're great at pvp? That's cool, I hope you enjoy 15 air pets rolling around a corner and killing your entire group no questions asked.
    Drexll likes this.
  2. Porygon Augur

No, it doesnt. You think the server would be similar to any of the Zeks during their prime. But they wont. If this server had been PVP from the beginning, you would have seen a VERY similar outcome. The people in TL who were leveling together, and fast would have been higher level before anyone else. They would have kill Naggy, just like they did. And they would have steamrolled any competition.

TL outnumbered other guilds almost 2:1 in the beginning. It doesnt matter how good you are. Youre not killing twice as many people. Not to mention that, but the smaller guilds would have never blossomed into bigger guilds. Because they would have been greifed by Mage Armies even HARDER than they are now.

There is no element of surprise when 50% of the server uses Un-Named 3rd party programs. And half of the groups youll encounter are 1 person. Do you know how difficult it would be, for a group of 6, to kill 1 person controlling 6, without a clear plan well ahead of time?

BUT PLEASE. ENLIGHTEN ME as to WHY you THINK this server would be ANY different?
    Drexll likes this.
  3. Vlerg Augur

PvP solve a ton of problem! and introduce one even bigger: PvP.

not only is there nothing remotly balanced about PvP in EQ, a quick stroll on zek will show you how infuriating PvE'ing on a red server is : any kind of AoE = death due to pet( AoE taunt, stun, mez, rains...). some classes are completly banned from PvE raid (zerker) while others can't perform to 75% of their abilities ( mages, rogues...)

And that's before you consider how ridiculous EQ PvP is... from classes dropping you within a global cooldown, to DA'd mages sending their bard-speed pet at you, rangers shooting from the other end of a zone, necro unresistable corruption DoT while regular spell suffer from insane resist.

No. PvP would make it worse.

Instances are the solution.
  4. Thegoat Elder

Who PVP's without a plan?

I guess I am wasting my 1's and 0's here. Way too blue.
  5. Thegoat Elder

If you like instances and rotations you could just stay on Ragefire/Lockjaw. I'm not saying to convert a server. I am saying to offer a new option for the power gamers and people that want to compete.
  6. Freki Augur

NO

1) I don't pay to pvp. I hate PVP and see it as pointless.
    2) I will pay for what I want and not what I don't. you would see enough people drop their subs only those RMTer's and jerks will be around and it'll be bot army vs bot army... the game will play itself .. ok this idea will be great for other games. people will not be playing eq, just botting
  7. Thegoat Elder

Did you even read any of the previous posts? Primarily the one right above yours.
  8. Machen New Member

There were many, many times on Tallon Zek where Pandemonium defeated more than 2x their number. It can and did happen regularly in eq pvp.
  9. Aekold Augur

those were most likely the days when pandemonium wasnt attempting to do something about the enchanter in the middle of their group spamming color skew while the enc's 14 mages assist trained down every member of their raid as they tried to zone into... anywhere.
  10. Freki Augur

actually.... i didn't. i posted my comment specifically about the initial post. sorry if others got into the thread before me. I posted my thoughts and kept them brief and did not even talk down to anyone. sorry if you don't like the reply to the original post.
  11. Wudanian New Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-plane-of-war-tlp-pvp-server.225524/

^^ Link to current PvP TLP Server talk ^^

Mages cannot box army in PvP.
    Here is a true story. I made 4 mages on current Zek. The only 3 people to die by me was me to my mage pets.. You CANNOT mage army PvP. It does not work and it has been tried.

If 6 real people cannot kill 1 person 6 boxing...they are super bad. Have you ever tried to move 6 toons while 6 others are attacking you. It is NOTHING like fighting an NPC. A group of 6 people will crush a boxer any day.
    And if you cant pick out the healer to kill first...then the pvp server wont be for you.

Moving forward if this server does come to light, Wudan will have no problem in helping lead the charge to create an enjoyable server for all. Rallos Zek had a great rotation for all larger raid mobs and was respected by all the guilds. And if you didnt...you more or less got ran off the server.
    If 1-2 guilds want to be trolls and ruin the fun for others...the others have the power to ruin their fun.

---- I know many of you are current "bluebies" on other up to date servers. Wudan and Pandemoanium have same raid times on Mon / Tues. ; We have LARGE PvP battles in Katta and EwtKarana after raids around 815ish pm pst. If you want to bring a few toons over and play...can find us every Mon / Tues night ----
  12. Porygon Augur

13. Porygon Augur

This server is nothing like zek. Or any of the zeks.

You realize a mage pet can almost solo a melee class.

6 mages is effectively 12 people. You cannot compete against that with almost any pre made 6 man group.

This isn't classic, this isn't live. I understand you're probably VERY good at pvp. But you're not winning against a mage army on ragefire.
  14. Dorigen Lorekeeper

I hope to be able to look forward to the challenge one day soon!! Cannot wait to try!!

Dorigen / Fishoor
    Leader of <Wudan>
  15. Porygon Augur

Make 6 mages. Make any 6 characters. Go to arena, get annihilated. Maybe in 3 expansions this wouldn't be the case. But by that time this server would be a ghost town if it was pvp.
  16. Porygon Augur

Or after 2 months of people crying DBG would institute a no pk'ing rule.
  17. yadiman Journeyman

Obviously it would have to be a 1 account per computer server. Also disable /follow, /advloot, and kronos.
  18. Machen New Member

Right, because no one min maxed in those days, or used the most effective abilities in pvp.

Of course they had to deal with all those things.
  19. Thegoat Elder

The only thing people have shown me is they have zero knowledge of PVP, basics of botting, and playing MMO's in general. No wonder you are all crying about not being able to raid. 90% of the people who post on these forums want to be spoon-fed pixels while putting in zero effort.

We probably should have had an easy-mode server and a regular server.
  20. Steampunk Augur

If you are unable to beat Guild XYZ to Naggy, or you are unable to beat group ABC to whatever they are preventing you from doing, what in the world makes you think you will be able to beat them in PVP? Maybe Holly is right about some people shouldn't be able to raid, because it sounds like some people really are just incapable of raiding.
  21. Rhodz Augur

Heh oh thats right we will have a nice little fight to decide who gets to fight Naggy or whatever.

Except the fight begins after boss is agroed.
    I played on a PvP sever for three years and thats exactly what people do, kind of scummy but extremely effective. Now if you have just enough oomph to take down the boss how much disruption does it take to wipe a raid in particular if there is no intent to do anything but wipe the raid. Not a lot really.

Oh yeah that will solve all the problems.
    Would make advloot go away posthaste though as one cant leave a trail of bodies. So thats one problem solved.
  22. Freki Augur

This is my issue with PVP... I don't begruge anyone PVP but I do not like it. because i'm concentraiting on something, i don't want to have to keep looking at my back to make sure no one is coming in to steal my spawn of frenzy or other mob. just doesn't work right. GRRR