This is why TBM Items and such is not getting done..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

I'm sure making almost every mission / Tier 1 raid a DPS check had nothing to do with it :rolleyes:
  2. Iila Augur

You don't learn that till after you buy the expansion! Gotcha!
  3. Tyraxor Augur

They should be used to dps checks by now...see Xulous and Neriak A for cotf t1.
    How do you ever get passed Xulous at L100 without a nice burn?
  4. Crystilla Augur

Dealt with the adds and curing basically. We didn't even think about trying something different like having most/all groups on Xulous and just mezzing mosquitoes', etc.
  5. Silv Augur

Okay... sure... DPS checks are normal. Making all of the first 4 raids checks with no real alternative? Not so much. And even to a lesser extent... Hate/Fear are exactly the same.

Most midtier rosters are in the middle and don't have the perfect setups. They can push through a check or two but making everything a burn is going to have an effect. Obviously the top end isn't going to think there is any issue but like Illa mentioned the downstream effect in a few months/by next expac are going to matter for everyone.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Silv, we should all hope for a re-balancing soon (tm). The reason a long time, successful guild like FWO hasn't beaten Damsel of Decay is not because you guys forgot how to raid - it's because the event sucks :p

We need look no further than 7 total guilds have fully cleared Tier 2 (We beat Grummus last night, the site is not updated). I think we're all okay with raids being difficult to figure out and needing practice to get on "farm" status but these DPS burn before the end of the world raids are a bit much for most.

Being in end game raiding isn't much of a recruitment tool if everyone that wants to raid quits - all because the Devs just don't have the time and resources to launch a quality product before the deadline they are forced into.
    Elkay, Sheex, Xeladom and 3 others like this.
  7. Tyraxor Augur

All good points Silv, and it's not like i'd disagree :)
    Same old thing, T1 raids should be fun stuff. Doable for a lower tier guild, and entertaining for those who will beat them anyway.

Raids like the first one in RoF, damn my memory leaves me i forgot the name...the one where you seek the murderer. Now that was an excellent T1 raid, without hard roster requirements.
    Hard checks in T1 should exist via achievements only, which RoF also had.
    Thinking about how good all that was in retrospect turns me into a sad face, they are totally capable of creating better content. Wtf happened?
    Hiladdar and Silv like this.
  8. Sancus Augur

While I agree that they need to review the tuning of the raids (especially T1), it's important to note that the low number of guilds beating T2 is because of the flagging at this point, not their difficulty. The guilds that have gotten flagged thus far appear to be clearing it pretty quickly. It's possible the raids will provide issues for mid tier guilds, but I think they're all being bottle necked by T1 and flagging at this point.
    Benzarden, Hiladdar and Silv like this.
  9. Silv Augur

I'd agree for the most part. I've been relatively content with our progress and that's what matters to me - making progress (although I'm sure some would prefer it to be faster but yeah). The thing that gets me is seriously how cut and dry it is... On all 4 events in T1 I can de-mem every CC spell I have. Same for Fear/hate outside of trash clears. Now, I'm not saying Enchanters should be required for success in each raid (that goes and skews it in the same direction but the other extreme) but I think it speaks worlds to how one-dimensional it is. Personally, Hate, Fear (minus CT), VnV, and WnD are entry level raids. Lady of Life is in between. Damsel is just stupid. Again, my 2cp on it but I think they could have done a little better. I think Fear/Hate should have been a lil more CTOV-ish; the lockout/invul mechanic definitely doesn't help either.

Shard's Landing High Priest from ROF was fun and yes... depending on your makeup there were multiple ways to approach it and be successful :p

Even as much as people hate to admit it, Arx was pretty well done in terms of difficulty progression and accomodated multiple roster lineups. There was a CC check, a DPS check, a heal check, a tank check, and a 'did you learn anything in the other 4 events' check. To me, that's a pretty reasonable raid lineup - TDS just suffered from a lack of raids overall which is unfortunate. I guess our tradeoff in TBM is MOAR raids but hey... if you can't put out MOAR burn you'll hit a wall for a while ;)
    Ssdar and Sancus like this.
  10. Hiladdar Augur

Regarding developer vacations, that is a management task to ensure that should a developer go on vacation their responsibilities are covered by someone else within the organization. If we as players are hearing that as an excuse as to why stuff was incomplete, or is still broken over a month into the expansion, raises other questions.

Speaking from experience, within competent professionally run IT organizations, consumers and customers never know who is on vacation at what time, or for how long. And, the product is delivered on time, on budget, with the sufficient quality to be acceptable.
    Elkay, Caell, Metanis and 7 others like this.
  11. Mayfaire Augur

[IMG]
    Caell and Mintalie like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate should have been like NToV where a pug raid could win it, would have been great for those farther behind guilds. If TBM raid guild was too good for that 'easy' then use the TDS t1 raid gear that is still attached to no raids :p
    Xeladom, roguerunner, Iila and 3 others like this.
  13. Blurred_Memories Augur

just because its fun to find a diamond in a pile of sht, i wanna say that i pre-ordered a premium version of this expansion, and if there's a next one, i'll do it again.
  14. Triconix Augur

Soooo in other words, don't crucify the developers for taking vacation, but rather lay blame on the management. Hmmm I believe someone was saying this earlier but got attacked for it. :rolleyes:

I approve this message!

Yes. T2 raids are a walk in the park. While you can go the dps burn style on them, there aren't really any that require a dps check. At least none like T1.
  15. Geri_Petrovna Augur

I'm worried about how many consecutive MONTHS that the item person came to work drunk. It's the only explanation.

How did they get this past quality assurance? does such a thing exist?

Imagine buying a car with 2 wheels? - we'll install the other two next week.
    Faana likes this.
  16. Zehn Lorekeeper

Unless it's just a thing in America, cars are manufactured with "bugs" all the time. And in fact major recalls are normal, and in some cases the recall is to "fix" something than can cause the vehicle to not stop when travelling at high speed. Or may cause a fire in the gas tank. I assume the forums at the Ford website is filled with people complaining about the cars with recalls being released to soon as well.
  17. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Yeah, but they have a tendency to go out the door with the correct number of wheels, right? TBM hasn't even got wheels on.

Daybreak staff need to listen to beta testers.
    Hiladdar and Faana like this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You lost them here sir. ;)

Dunno man, I think most of us are griping about the quality of the product and blaming the *company*, not the developers. When the company hamstrings the people making the stuff, it's not those people's fault, rather the powers that be that lied and lies ("we'll delay the expansion if it's not ready") and is purely focused on a TLP based cash grab, while the 15 year customer is completely ignored.

A shoddy product is still a shoddy product, blame game aside.
    Hiladdar and Mayfaire like this.
  19. Triconix Augur

I agree completely. The "finished" product still isn't quite finished, but I know it's not because of the [lack of] developer's efforts. It's 100% on the shoulders of senior management making the bonehead decisions of release dates, release of number of products at the same time, etc. Unfortunately, people wouldn't accept that in this thread (just look back a few pages).

I'm personally very annoyed with outcome of TBM, but I'm going to lay judgement on the people who should be judged.

I realize there is some out of whack gear, some buggy quests/missions and more than likely things that need to be re-tuned for the more casual folks and people have a right to be annoyed. With that said, there is enough content that is playable and enjoyable so I'm going to keep telling myself Patience is a Virtue (something I rarely have). For the price of going to a bar and getting 3-4 mixed drinks, I'm satisfied for the time being at what's available and knowing that after the holidays most - if not all - of the problems will be resolved.
  20. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Hiladdar and Clearlee like this.