This is why TBM Items and such is not getting done..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Cactuszach Elder

Or...ya know...they tried something new and different in creating content for 75-105--that players have been requesting for ages--and there are some bugs. God forbid someone try something completely new that there isnt a how-to manual for; they'll get called incompetent by smart internet guy.
  2. SnowballsT Journeyman

We are not complaining about the new ideas and the bugs so much as the fact the broken ideas / items / bugs were pointed out at the beginning of Beta and still not sorted or responded to many weeks later.

As mentioned on many posts it is the lack of communication that is annoying.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think it completely fine that a dev goes on vacation whenever he is approved for vacation. I do think it is up to management to ensure proper coverage for anyone taking vacation especially soon after the release of an incomplete expansion. I am sure the dev team agrees with this too. The problem always comes down to management though.

My life won't come to a stop because a buggy expansion was released. And people have a right to be upset about all the problems with the expansion. We can all vent here but it won't change anything at all. Daybreak is going to look at their metrics and management will decide to devote more devs and dev hours to the game or not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Caell like this.
  4. Xanumbik Augur

People need to stop preordering xpacs from ANY company its encouraging bad releases in a variety of games
  5. Tyraxor Augur

It's been said many times before prolly, but people are not complaining about questionable releases alone. I understand that the team is a mess right now (yea sorry it is, the quality of Eq speaks for itself right now), that they are prolly hard pressed to deliver with low resources given and so on.

What we (me at least) really complain about is that they are still taking A+++ money for it.
    That's also on the investors who took over thou...so i don't see this going anywhere.
    Devs are just as helpless as you and me in this situation. Probably.
    I might still play despite the bugs etc if the price would be adjusted to what it's really worth.

What you could do is stop giving all that money. Forcing them to deliver first. As mentioned above (pre-order). But also alt accounts, paying double, triple and more.
    This also won't happen of course, it's not the mindset of fans.
    They think by donating more and more they keep this thing rolling...well i'll tell you what i think about that, it's an endless circle of sucks. And also an endless circle of digging yourself deeper into the hole that many will fall into when they decide to pull the plug.
    But you do have a choice....
  6. Bluey Lorekeeper

agreed.
    The customers buy it and as long as this method works, a company will use it.
    You don't stop something which has success in bringing money in.
  7. Claan Elder

I bought TBM for my main just like I have for every expansion release since day one. However, for the first time in the 10 years that my two other accounts have existed, I did not pre-order nor purchase the newest expansion when it became available. Am I making a noticeable statement? Probably not. Will DBG see that their manpower cuts were excessive and the dinky "expansion" rushed out a mistake? Probably not. Will they realize this mistake and fix manpower/management issues to gain back faith in their product? I'm hoping so but they probably will not. Will they cut back more because of the failure of this "expansion" and lost player base? Probably. Are they chasing the cash cow right now with TLP stuff? Yep. Short term money making is all that is. The issue is management. My guess is they don't even let devs spend time looking at player concerns on the boards anymore. My 2cents.
    Faana likes this.
  8. Kolani Augur

Hey, it could be worse. Remember that time when Bioware launched their first MMO, and characters using the /dance emote were immune to all damage for over a month because EVERYONE went on vacation after launch?
  9. Crystilla Augur

Just as an fyi, it's standard practice that after the launch, the devs take their vacation. Has nothing to do with the holiday.

(Not denying there are issues we've been waiting since pre launch here to be fixed; just stating this has been their procedure for 10+ years.)
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Which makes sense since they are so busy working on the expansion before release. Of course letting people take some vacation around Christmas doesn't hurt either.
  11. Tyraxor Augur

So a broken product is released, and then they take holidays...
    sounds like action that would get you fired in serious industries, sorry i really cannot get behind that.
    Especially considering how terrible the state of the AB server was for a long time, someone is not taking his job serious enough here. I normally don't like to all the time, but this is just...
    Faana likes this.
  12. beryon Augur

...We have? I don't recall that. I do recall a huge thread where most people said that scaling Hate & Fear was a bad idea. Also many threads saying that a new item system shouldn't be launched after zero testing in beta.
    Imrahil, Gyurika Godofwar and Pirlo like this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It's part of the Worst Practices.
  14. Captain Hindsight New Member

I am so glad I didn't buy the expansion TBM, lots of disappointing reviews for a "rushed, low-quality" product at an exorbitant price tag.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Faana Augur

I didn't pre-order for any of my 12 accounts. I bought it on one recently just to hold tasks for a poor guild guild necro who's pretty much been playing there alone. (Actually 5 other people in the guild bought it but they're not on at night.)
  16. Linden Augur

Triconix, the reality is you know as much as we do. Stop already, you look stupid. People are pissed. They have a damn good reason to be pissed. Don't try to defend anything. Let people say what they got to say. Triconix, just, s_t_f_u
    Gyurika Godofwar and Silv like this.
  17. Ruven_BB Augur

Not sure I want more "fixes" lately when they fix something, they make it worse than it was.

Ruven
  18. Lonye Augur

Unfortunately, due to raiding, DBG has "guaranteed" sales no matter how terrible of a product they push out.
    The only way to send a message to Daybreak will never happen; all raid guilds refuse to buy the expansion. Competition doesn't care about bugs. The sad reality. But hey, Top Guild #1-5 can still claim to be who/what they are.
    "Well they wouldn't buy it if they didn't like it."
    It's called addiction combined with the desire to be social. Daybreak has, and they know it.
    anvil likes this.
  19. anvil Elder

his taking vacation is not the issue, the product wasnt ready to be released but was anyway. i recall windstalker saying in a live stream that they would not have a problem pushing a product back if it wasnt ready. HMMMMM guess that was a lie of many lies
    Xeladom and Crystilla like this.
  20. Iila Augur

A lot of the lower tier raiding guilds are folding, so guaranteed raiding sales are dropping.

And casual guilds are crumbling, removing the base of players to recruit from.