This is my yearly reminder that you can use P99 HD textures by skipping the launcher.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pizzanomicon, May 20, 2022.

1. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That's excellent.
    Chikkin likes this.
  2. TheAgenda Augur

Poor poor necros
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Quite the opposite, now there are twice as many debuff-slots. I expect that necros won't be a closed class anymore. At least not to the same extent as they used to be.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Arclyte Augur

Looks good, but has anyone else noticed the game being jittery when using mouse look? Wasnt doing that before
  5. Pizzanomicon Augur

You need to make sure the game is using maximum texture memory. It's a slider in advanced options.
  6. Pizzanomicon Augur

Also, making sure your AV or any scanners don't scan the eq directory when things are accessed is also good to do. The game isn't really designed for these textures but I rarely have issues.
  7. Bard2019 Elder

This isn't about HD textures, but since is about something of a similar nature, maybe someone can help me. I once saw people using a wireframe for their character a few years ago. It only shows up to the player themselves, but I would really like to be using that for myself if anyone could help me to get it working, I'd appreciate it.
  8. Arclyte Augur

Using maximum texture memory solves the stuttering issue

Unfortunately I was unable to zone into highpass hold because of the files. Had to logout and use the old ugly ones just to pass through.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

This link has some things related to your question.
    http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-on-slow-machines.246947/
  10. Pizzanomicon Augur

I've never had that issue personally. Just went through Highpass last night. Which combo of files did you use ?