These simple requirements will make you lfg for weeks on end

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nestharus, Jun 13, 2017.

1. nestharus Journeyman

Set main assist
    NBG loot greed vendor trash
    No OOG/Powerlevel
    No Boxers

lfg for 27+ hours straight so far on Agnarr. Have lfg'd for weeks at a time on Phinigel. When attempting to put groups together, people will not even respond.

What is wrong with these requirements? lol....
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Maybe because only one or those things is required to effectively play EQ. The rest are personal preferences.

When you make your own personal preferences requirements it might make you sound like someone people would rather not deal with. They may even share those preferences. But by stating them as requirements, it might make you sound like a pita.
    DruidCT, Your_Ad_Here and Reht like this.
  3. Johnwick Augur

Nestharus-

From what I have found out.
    It is the NBG loot, most players are too greedy and or already level 50 and are just looking to farm krono to make a quick buck.

Greed loot has been the way of 99% of the groups that I have joined in on.
    NBG is a great method, IF everyone in the group needs something from said camp.
    If a caster is at Frenzied in Lguk, there is a 99% chance they are their for the loot. ( Some on the other hand are their for EXP)

Greed all the way around it is what people are desiring in the group setting. ( Everyone has a chance of benefitting from the spawn at this point )
  4. Tinytinker Augur

5. nestharus Journeyman

Yea, my philosophy was really that everyone should be able to roll on high end gear and that everyone should be greeding vendor trash. I modified the note and post.

I don't have fun carrying boxers and I don't want to group with boxers : ).
    Almost every group that I had gotten an invitation to has been a powerlevel group. They've all had some 50 druid or cleric making the group immortal. Mindlessly killing trains with no risk whatsoever is not fun. I've had enough of that on Phinigel. Almost every group that I got into was a powerlevel group there too. The only groups that weren't were the groups I put together in which I disallowed anyone to bring their capped character in.

Since almost every group I have encountered to date, both on phinigel and on agnarr, has been a powerlevel group, I think that the main problem is the powerlevel/oog portion.
  6. toasty4800 Elder

I for one love my out of group cleric, who can rez someone back in after a mistake or bad pull.

It sure beats the hell out if a 20-30 min run when non casters can't bind outside. I can tell you every group I get in appreciates it too.
    Johnwick likes this.
  7. Johnwick Augur

Nestharus

Really?

Next time you get a group like this ill take your spot.
    I have yet to encounter from 1-50 on 2 characters ANY Powerleveling Druid/cleric out of group.

I have seen people bring a box cleric as Toasty has said for a rez box or a spot heal box.
    But never a Powerleveler as of yet. ( not to say they do not exist )
  8. Machentoo Augur

Have fun being LFG for days at a stretch then. I think you answered your own question in the OP.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

There are something like 6k people playing on Agnarr. Plenty of them share your preferences. Start putting together your own groups and stop doing whatever it is that's, apparently, repelling people.

Because putting together groups is the easiest it's ever been and easier than it ever will be going forward. You've got to be doing something to put people off if you are completely unable to do it.
  10. Amoeba Augur

Have not had any issue finding groups with those requirements.

EVERY group I am is greed for vendor trash (NBG), even allowing tradeskillers to need trash that'd be used for skilling/products, have had only one group this whole time with a boxer, and dont spend too much time LFG.

I have found that being social, friendly, and playing my class very well gets me tells for groups far more than simple /lfg.

I also ensure I have stuff to do, so when I am LFG, I can be occupied with activities.
  11. Grouchy-Phini New Member

I wouldn't invite you because someone that about who he groups with sounds annoying AF.
    DariyaVika and Machentoo like this.
  12. snailish Augur

My list is different...

-don't go afk unannounced, or take extreme afk breaks called "short break" by you
    -don't cause drama in the zone or group
    -ask questions if you don't know or understand something
    -show courtesy and/or be helpful (i.e., give reasonable notice you are leaving soon, when able)
    -do your role (if you cast haste... haste the group unless someone else with = or better is, if you are the tank you get to tank)
    -follow the group's agreed-to looting
    -have fun with whatever we are doing, or at least gracious if we are doing badly (i.e., wiped by someone else's train)

and hopefully maintain that balance of social while productive to group with.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Do you put all that in your lfg message? Or quiz potential group mates on these before joining?
    snailish likes this.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Take this one at a time see what the problem could be.

Set Main assist - Well if your MA is named Xmlnmilfagrob that can be daunting. Seriously folks keep em simple.
    NBG - A lot of people already have the database set to N for the same reasons as the threads on the subject. TS is not a need, seriously it is not. Resetting the DB every time you change groups is a royal pita.
    No OOG - Yeah that is likely a problem to some extent, people seem to like those.
    No Boxers - There is your killer, the nail in the coffin, the piss in the cornflakes.

Stick to your guns if you like just count on getting the same results.
  15. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That's the thing. Personally, I really don't care how loot is done. If I'm in a random group it's for experience and loot isnt even a concern. I deal with my gear on my own and with friends. It literally doesn't matter to me how it's handled as long as everyone is on the same page and it's not "gear up the group leader day." Have run into a few of those on previous TLPs and it's just obnoxious.

But people who overly concern themselves with loot are annoying as all hell and I'll avoid them whenever I can. It almost always becomes an issue at some point. Especially once you start adding replacements. And there are total pitas about this on both sides of that discussion. So if you are the type that makes a federal case about loot either way, I'm probably going to avoid grouping with you.
    Throndor likes this.
  16. Throndor Augur

That's classic though. Back in the day, when you were applying to a guild during the app phase, groups and cliques would bring you along just to see what you were made of. Generally, they would leave corpses there on the ground for awhile as they smashed, and it was a test to see if you were a greedy little shitmonger. If you consistently looted everything and anything, they wouldn't say anything to your face. They would just mention how you were a greedy little turd on the applicant review section of the forum, and your application would be rejected. Likewise, if you were a perpetual afker, they wouldn't say anything to your face, they would just talk about you on your app, and deny you membership when it came time for applicant voting.

As time went on, we established players loosened the ettiquette, gave more and more leeway to players that act like this in a group, and the result is the current status of these TLP servers; where you're ostracized for daring to point out this atrocious game ettiquette, and everyone under the sun feels it prudent to chime in butthole first to defend some selfish little shitmonger on the forums, and that's because they see themselves in that player, and it's become acceptable to bite the hand that feeds them. They actually become so emboldened, that they now feel entitled to your "service".
  17. Kahna Augur

It's called "/assist main". One key, you never have to change it, the group leader just has to right click on a group member of their choice select roles from the menu and choose "Main Assist". Works for assisting in raids too. Nothing annoys me more than a group lead who doesn't know how to set an MA for the group, so I have to go in and change my key.
  18. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I'm old school and still hard key it. Too many people forget to do it and it's just easier to do it the old way.
  19. Karanthal Augur

"What is wrong with these requirements? lol...."

Its not so much the requirements its the fact you have a list to start with. I can add someone who is just LFG or I can add someone who comes with a rider. You know who is going to get more invites..
    snailish likes this.
  20. Phantom Ghost Augur

Sounds like a lack of healers because you said no boxers.