These simple requirements will make you lfg for weeks on end

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nestharus, Jun 13, 2017.

1. yerm Augur

There is no way someone proactively attempting to form a group would be unable to make SOMETHING work for 27 straight hours. Absolutely no way. Do you insist that your group must have an enchanter and a cleric, or will you rock a bard or necro cc and a druid or shaman healing? Do you spam lfgs with all of these requirements when asking people, or do you just say "forming group for X want in?" and say it after?
  2. snailish Augur

I laughed. That would be one long LFG message.

My list is probably more of a "in my head" process of how it would be nice if people were like this.

Pugging levels with mostly randoms I'm not looking for a hassle. I think the OP is broadcasting "high maintenance" which puts people off in that setting, but is a perfectly viable stance to have (and probably better for a premade and/or guild to have others into it too).
  3. nestharus Journeyman

Btw, I got into a group a little while ago (only took 28 hours!) and we needed to rep someone and the very first person we rep'd with insisted on bringing a level 50 cleric. Was in the group for a very short time before it was ruined by yet another ****ing powerleveler. Left the group as soon as their cleric showed up.

Also, I am an Enchanter ; ). I'm not too picky about the classes ^)^.

I'm shocked that you guys aren't running into these powerlevel groups left and right. If I find a legit group or form a group, it turns into a powerlevel group within 30 minutes >.< (experience from Phinigel. Most people that joined groups wanted to bring their capped boxes to turn the group into a powerlevel group and I barred them).
  4. yerm Augur

Your aversion to powerleveling seems pretty silly, to me.
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No, it's entirely legit. Some people are just looking to level asap however it's done, others want to enjoy the content as it was intended and enjoy some challenge as a group. Neither preference is wrong.

But based on posts, I suspect someone comes off as an off-putting pita and that's where the problem lies. I mean, you'd have to try not to get groups on agnarr for that long at this point.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

The fact that you had to create a thread about how you cant find a group on a server full of people tells me there is another side to all of this that you are not disclosing. Outside of the fact that your requirements would push a lot of people away I find it hard to believe that you are actively lfg and utilizing all means possible to at least get into a group. Now if you are spamming /ooc lfg with xyz requirements then of course life is gonna suck. Either tone down your expectations or get use to the solo game.
  7. malaki Augur

I get the idea of wanting to experience things without PLing or without oog dps or whatever, but to leave a group because of an OOG cleric after being lfg for 28 hours seems a bit obstinate. If you want a group with all of these requirements you're likely going to have to form them yourself.
  8. Machentoo Augur

And this is why you get groups and the OP doesn't.
  9. Quill Augur

I don't see how its any different than in the past.
    • If you're a ****, you'll probably alienate people and have a hard time getting groups.
    • If you want solid groups, get a good guild. Reference point 1, or you probably won't be in it for long. You might find a guild that doesn't care if you burn down the server, but most on this particular server do, as it will directly effect recruiting.
    • If you want a pug, start one, or LFG for weeks on end. There are plenty of takers assuming you aren't playing an outlaw game.
    • I'd suggest you start getting sociable now, and start to get to know some people, or at least they recognize your name, or you might as well just quit. It'll only get harder from here.
    At this point, a lot of people are either 50, raiding, or both. Just watch the amount of system-wide alerts. When people aren't raiding, they're camping something and don't need outsiders rolling on it.

Someone can proclaim how ROLL NEED EVEYRTHING is the right and proper way from their solo experience in the EC tunnels. Good luck with that.

As per boxers? As long as it isn't a box group, I don't know anybody who cares, tbh. One less person to roll against.
  10. DariyaVika Augur

Ahahahahahahaha, the guy who plays an enchanter, the most OP class for the next few expansions, is complaining about people boxing or bringing higher level toons along to help. If you wanted a challenge you should have played a bard, but instead you took the easy route.

You're hilarious. I box a shaman/wiz in a group and it's pretty rare that people notice the wizard is boxed. I don't have too much of a problem finding groups because I'm not super picky. I'm also not incompetent.
  11. Lokarion New Member

So if you start getting groups that meet your requirements regularly are you also going to start requiring that people click off every high level buff and using only group provided buffs? Then if that starts happening are you going to start regulating which spells people use so they don't use spells that are too powerful for how you think the content should be?

It's an 18 year old raid-centric game with a tiny population. I'm not at all surprised if people hear your list of demands and decide that you aren't worth their time and move on to the next person who doesn't make such a fuss. Especially the ones about oog people and boxers. There's so few people left that most people want to have a box or two to help them out in the group droughts, so they're gonna want to bring them on groups to have that convenience feature or to keep them evenly leveled or to get to raiding level faster.
  12. Tinytinker Augur

I had an experience with a player who does not like power leveling. He asked me if there were going to be any power leveling scrubs in the group. If OP is acting like this shaman was, maybe that is why he is not getting groups.
  13. Phantom Ghost Augur

One of the most sought after classes cannot find a group. Kind of looks like your petty requirements are the cause of your issues... or you suck.

I have not found a PL group yet. I assume they get an enchanter thinking OP dps and cc but you show up and they realize they need outside help.
  14. DariyaVika Augur

"Real enchanters don't need to charm to be awesome for a group"

*boots delusional snowflake*

/ooc Looking for enc/brd rep for exe/cav/sage group
  15. Boosi Lorekeeper

I've never used the LFG tool. I'd guess many people are like me and just use the old fashion /who all LFG cleric 40 50 to find an lfg to fill group slot with. Or join the class chat channels. Or spam the LFG chat channel.

You shouldn't be LFG that long even with "rules". Just find all the LFGs and send invites. Say "forming a group to find an open x camp" and the ones that are down will stay in group. Need before greed has been default 99% of the time in my personal experience.

Also, I don't box and I don't have a problem with limited boxing i.e. a single box or 2. Again, in my experience they haven't been bad players, they usually know what their doing and don't need carrying, rather they play needed support classes like a cleric, shaman, etc.

Good luck
  16. Gemini Syringes Augur

ITT: Someone who thinks an oog cleric is power leveling.

I can't believe this is a thread. I wish you P99 losers would just and stop contaminating the boards with absolutely asinine posts repeating the same stupid, useless complaints that no one outside of your tiny group of rejects cares about. Last I heard, P99 still exists. Why not go back and stop being a terrible human being here? Bye!
  17. CasualOfFilth New Member

My experience:

/lfg
    /ooc <insert level><insert class> looking for group
    ....wait 1-5 minutes

"<random player> invites you to group. Click FOLLOW to join"

27 hours with no group?! Look in the mirror.
  18. Risiko Augur

If you are putting demands in your LFG, then people are likely not offering you groups because they see that as you being a potentially annoying group member to deal with.
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

Maybe you're most of the problem and not the rest of the community...
  20. Risiko Augur

No offense to the original poster because I don't know him/her.

That being said, you sound like THAT PERSON in your group of friends' friends that the other friends meet one time, and then go out of their way not to encounter that person ever again. You know that person. The one that just makes being around them feel like a job rather than hanging out.

If you weren't so demanding and just played the game, people would probably group with you. Of course, if you have a reputation of being annoying, you might need to change your character name at this point.