Out of group is the new group

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaneras, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Kaneras Augur

Been playing EQ forever. Phinny is great, a total success. Having a major blast...but..if I see one more power level group I'm going to scream. It seems I can't even join what I "think" is regular group without somebody trying to power level us with their 60 chanter/bard alt. I don't want to be power leveled ok?
  2. Baldur Augur

Then leave the group. Problem solved.

You could ask before joining the group if they are getting pleveled as well. If they say yes then don't join.

You're on a server that is starting to age. With 5 months of Luclin there are going to be a lot of people pleveling. It's always been that way in EQ.
    Supernova and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

I like these oog groups. The exp rate ruined my favorite thing to do in Everquest, twink out an alt and lvl it fast. You try that here and even grinding on reds at low levels is so slow.
  4. justasub Journeyman

so what ur saying is you want sex with the fat chick and are really pissed when that hot chick tries to jump in bed with you?....

yeah i know probably deleted but come on funny
  5. Nolrog Augur

This is not new. Saw this many years ago.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

Are you also that monk that spent a ton of $ on gear like dual SoD's then complained every time he got into a group that had any kind of OOG buffer/healer?

That dude is the worst.
  7. Kaneras Augur

It wasn't cool then. It's not cool now. Zero percent chance of dying. EZ mode is not EQ.
  8. Astley Augur

Found a movie you might enjoy...

[IMG]
  9. Bowdeen Elder

Then go solo, chump. You will have a great chance of dying then.

Seriously, you're going to ***** and moan because other people don't want to die on a slow leveling server? GTFOH.
  10. Machen New Member

Everyone I knew would have jumped at a chance for out of group dps or heals back in 1999 or 2000. XP was slow enough and painful enough that you took every advantage you could get.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Quit pissing and moaning and make your own groups with whatever restrictions you see fit.

If you join somebody else's group and it's not to your liking you should either suck it up or leave.
  12. Tinytinker Augur

Kaneras, would you rather they didn't invite you to group or were unwilling to help you with their higher level characters? While you might not like power leveling, you should be glad there are social people out there. =)
  13. TLP Addict Augur

I've been in quite a few groups recently where a couple of raid geared 60's plow lower level content to level an alt and they are nice enough to invite random people of similar level to their alt to bump up the xp bonus, they could be selfish and just do it with a smaller group.
  14. Guzzle Augur

If you don't like it, go play P99?
  15. Tinytinker Augur

He would run into druid and bard power leveling over on P99. I doubt he would like that.

My opinion is, I'm glad that higher levels are willing to help lower level players and invite them to their groups. The social experience is what makes EQ great to me.

Sometimes I will take a max level character and run around with new players and it is not because I am looking for plat or Kronos. It is fun to experience older content that my higher level character has out leveled and cool to see how excited the new players get exploring the game. I like showing them where Fippy spawns or how to avoid the Freeport militia. ;)
  16. Strawberry Augur

The problem with Phinny is that XP is horrendous :mad: , actually leveling is so unbelievably unproductive that people prefer to PL rather than actually play the game.

If the next TLP actually has normal XP :D like all other servers, powerleveling and zone disruption will be far less of an issue.
  17. Strawberry Augur

Great attitude...

This is why the next TLP needs to cater more to casuals instead of catering to elites who attack anyone who actually has a life and can't afford to play 24/7.

Most people just want to play a game and have some fun, they don't want anything to do with PL'ing, boxing multiple characters and being told to shut up, each time they address a problem.
    karmalious likes this.
  18. Semah Augur

I can't believe how many enchanters there are who will give other groups KEI. When I end up in a group and a driveby enchanter KEIs us I click it off right away, as it detracts from my ideal Self-Sufficient Proper Everquest Vision.

(Not really.)
  19. Astral64 Augur

STOP TOUCHING ME!
  20. Astley Augur

/em touches Astral.