The real Phinny exp difference

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Dec 17, 2015.

1. FarHelm1 Elder

You can be just like me! All is takes is 5 hours hours every night and 16 hours on Saturdays and Sundays! How is this difficult? I'm so good at EQ!
  2. Pseudofate Augur

Probably breaks down like this

10 Hours/Wk = Tourist
    20 Hours/Wk = Casual
    30 Hours/Wk = Dedicated Casual
    40 Hours/Wk = Limbo Dancer (between Casual and HC)
    50 Hours/Wk = Hardcore
    60 Hours/Wk = Hardercore
    70 Hours/Wk = Super Hardcore
    80 Hours/Wk = Masochist
    90 Hours/Wk = F it just give me my nutrients intravenously
    100 Hours/Wk =
    [IMG]
  3. Trevalon Augur

I would say anything over 30 hours can no longer be classified as casual, that is more the "limbo dancer" imo.

But funny post nevertheless :)
  4. Nicorus Elder

In any game other than EQ even that 10 hours per week is bordering hardcore. But then again in most games hardcore vs casual is judged based on how good you are at the game where in EQ it is pretty much purely judged based on if you have a job.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Let's keep it civil, even those who play 50 hours a week may have a job, even a good job.
    Darkening likes this.
  6. toasty4800 Elder

Any other game pretty much hands you everything just for logging in. In EQ you actually have to earn your gear and your levels. Which also brings a certain sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that doesn't come from other games.
    MBear likes this.
  7. Lucy Elder

Ha! Well, on one server, you have to work 68% harder then the rest with less time to do it.
  8. Elkay Augur

Nobody in these threads are questioning gear drop rates or complaining about having to level. People are strongly questioning the XP rate combined with the 84 day unlock rate.
  9. Ootax Augur

Why do people feel like they should be able to raid in era by leveling casually? I'm not against it, just curious to why. I may/may not be level 50 in 84 days and am ok with that and ok w/raiding an era behind if I have to. But this server was never promoted as an in era raiding server. Not to say you can't but it will take a little more commitment than just 15 or so hours a week.
  10. Lateryn Augur

Mostly true.

Plus casuals wanting to be "Equal" to others, and raid in era while playing 10 hours a week. If it wasn't about loot, they wouldn't care about doing raid content out of era, because then it would be about "just experiencing the raids".

Entitlement, Jealousy, Envy etc. Watching someone else having something you don't have, and wanting it but with 1/10th of the effort.
    Xanadas likes this.
  11. Poydras Augur

Where are you getting 68%? This is a number I've seen nowhere else. Is it just your favorite because it's the the worst-sounding one you've found?

And to add to the confusion, you are talking about it being "longer" which a different thing. For example this very thread provides data which claims 50% slower xp, which would actually mean it takes 100% longer to level.So you're actually claiming it is not that slow?
  12. Ishkur Elder

Man, I bet it would really upset you to learn that people have been "raid[ing] in era while playing 10 hours a week" for years in progression guilds on live. You'd probably crusade against that if you didn't have so many recent threads to troll, eh?
  13. Elkay Augur

We're arguing that 15 hours a week shouldn't be considered too casual to raid in era for a decent portion of each expansion. The RF/LJ XP rate would have given (in my opinion) about a perfect split of 6 weeks leveling, 6 weeks raiding.
  14. Lateryn Augur

Not really, because live and these servers are two completely different games. Good of you two show your ignorance though , trying to compare the two.
  15. Ootax Augur

Ok I get that, however 15 hours a week is not a number you can just randomly pick out because that is what people feel like it should be. EQ back in '99/'00 many(most guilds where an expansion behind), and up until they went to one xpac per year all the mid and casual guilds where at least one xpac but often 2 or 3 xpac behind. Even now w/1 year releases a lot of casuals guilds are raiding an xpac behind. At no point in EQ was a casual player ever able to raid in era content by just playing 15 or so hours a week. So why now on this TLP should they be able to? I'm not trying to start an argument, like I said I'm not sure which way I'll be, if they up the XP great, if not I'm still going to have fun. I just don't get why a casual player feels like they should be able to raid in era when never before where they.
  16. Dethecus Elder

Because (Correct me if I'm wrong) When kunark releases there is no effectively way to stop you from gaining experience. And even with instanced raiding Naggy/vox are still restricted to level 52 and below. That means you would effectively have to continuously die in order to keep seeing the content 1 expansion behind. Not worth it. And thus ultimately resulting in the event that it will just be skipped entirely.
  17. Trevalon Augur

Because they were on RF/LJ...I think that is the biggest kicker here. On RF/LJ you could play 15 hours a week hit 50 and then raid in era for months if you so chose. The fact that suddenly this is not an option on the only server to offer instanced raids/traditional boxing (the server that makes the most sense for low playtime people) makes people angry, especially when we were not told in advance that the exp changes were happening.

So don't say people were never able to raid in-era before, because just 2 months ago we were doing just that.
  18. Ootax Augur

You where only able to if you got into a hardcore guild and if you did you would be playing a lot more than 15 hours a week so you weren't a casual player then. I see what you mean in that you could be level 50 by the time Kunark was released but if you didn't put in more hours w/XYZ hardcore guild then you wouldn't raiding in era.

In no way did anyone at DBG ever say this server was going to be like RF/LJ, if you assumed it was going to be like that, then that is on your not DBG fault. Do I think they probably should have communicated the xp change, probably but if that is a deal breaker for people then they probably where going to quit at some point anyway. It was also never promoted as an in era raiding server, if you thought it was then again that is on you. You don't have to be level 50 to raid in era content right now anyway, obviously hate/fear you need to be 46, but Phiny you don't and naggy vox you don't so it's not like you HAVE to be 50 before Kunark. And all these targets are still good targets in Kunark anyway. I don't know what going from 50-60 will be like but this may be the only time that someone has to raid out of era by being casual, the rest of the xpacs are 10 or 5 levels .
  19. Elkay Augur

We all spent more time back in the day, and also had more time between expansions. Both of those have changed since way back then.

I was stating the time I have available on a regular basis now, and the time that would have worked on this server if the XP had been left alone. I'm getting nauseous having to keep repeating it, but 3 hours a night, 5 nights a week, should not be considered too casual to raid in era.

People were already complaining that 84 days was not enough time before the XP nerf. Put it a different way. If, instead of making it take 3 times longer to level cap, they had made the expansion 3 times shorter? That's 28 days, and that's effectively what they've done to the players that have about 15 hours a week, since it takes just about the full expansion to cap. Either way, you're level capping when the expansion ends. No time to raid, instantly back to XPing/earning AAs/keying.
  20. Ootax Augur

If that is the case then end game, in era raiding wont be for you on this server. You need to accept that, not try to get it changed to fit your needs. Just for clarification a week is 7 days not 5 so that is 2.25 hours per day, not 3. I said it before, there are 3 TLP servers and many other live servers, if you can't fine one to fit your needs or that makes you happy, then EQ isn't your game anymore.