The real Phinny exp difference

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Dec 17, 2015.

1. -wycca Augur

Dunno about other guilds, but TL on Ragefire raided a whole lot less than 15hrs a week pretty much every single week we ever raided.
    Tudadar likes this.
  2. Ootax Augur

Yea but it was a heck of a lot more than 15 hours on fippy. Also, i said "playing" not raiding
  3. Tyraxor Augur

You make some very good points, most new mmos are indeed (pretty) garbage.
    That's because half of them are from Asia, where players have a totally different mentality.
    And most are also PvP heavy (the new standard, really...hard to find any good PvE games these days).
    Many have no healers and potion spam instead, all that nonsense that nobody who likes Eq wants to play.

Imo it's really too bad that VG was so buggy, the potential there was insane.
    So many dungeons, so many places with great Atmo.
    So many fun classes...and no PvP garbage.
    EradzEQ likes this.
  4. TipTap Journeyman

I don't understand why these casuals wouldn't have thought the same when voting for six month long expansions on the two previous TLP's. According to you, they would have been perfectly happy with 90 days. There voting record obviously proves your comment baseless.

I honestly cannot figure out why we can't have one server with a normal, commonsense experience rate with 90 day unlocks. The six month servers have it, but the 84 day doesn't. I am so confused. Unless it is like so many have suggested a temporary money grab for xp pots.
  5. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Just apply your logic to any other hobby and maybe you'll realize why your argument doesn't make any sense. You're basically saying you have less time available than the average player yet you want to have access and experience the same things than them? Can you play in Junior leagues if you can only practice hockey once a week? Are you going to be allowed at prestigious poker tournaments if you play poker once in a while with friends? Can you open for AC-DC with your garage band?

I have nothing against casuals but 15 hours a week is way below what the AVERAGE Everquest player puts in. It's sad but even if they increase the experience to Ragefire level you still won't be able to raid content in era. You won't be able to get you're VP key, or Luclin key, or required PoP flags, or relevant AA's. The list goes on and on. You will be forever behind.

Also worth mentioning that 3 hours is a very short time frame for one night of raiding assuming you will be playing with other casuals. It barely gives you enough time to log in, meet up with your raid and try an encounter.

Playing casually is fine but if you expect to experience everything in era while doing so you are disillusioned.
    Ishbu and Mashef like this.
  6. RainbowTest Augur

In 2 months you will be eating your words, you have such horrible tunnel vision. Slowest exp modifier ever in an era of mmo's that all cater to casuals with instant action. New players will not come to everquest to sit for hours in crushbone alone or pay kronos to be PL'ed up. Horrible business model and you all should be asking for better but you aren't cause of the select few who figured out how to game the system and wanna keep themselves on top.
  7. Elkay Augur

The XP rate of RF/LJ would have made the hours to cap at 15 hours a week hitting in the 6-8 week mark tops. It would have been fine. And if none of the raiding guilds end up having something during the week that's around the 8-11 EST window without weekend requirements, then I would have ended up quitting anyway. I would think that would have been a fairly common raid time. And 3 hours is enough time to chip away most content during a week through at least PoP. None of the mechanics are "new" so there isn't a lot of figuring stuff out. It's just go in, execute the strat, collect loot and move on.

I don't know why I'm bothering to comment anymore, though, since I won't be returning. The game as it has become now, with the required time invested for players to raid in era is not time I want to commit to the game any longer.
  8. Trevalon Augur

Thats ok Elkay, I have now hit almost 50 but I will still continue to fight for faster EXP on Phinigel. I worry that if the EXP is not increased that this server's attrition will be too much for the amount of people willing to slog through the content (especially now that lower level groups are not quite as available).

So, even though the higher exp won't effect me at all, I still want it for those who come later to keep a healthy server population.
    TipTap, Mashef and Elkay like this.
  9. Ishbu Augur

And I am level 21 and will continue to explain how the xp rate is just fine where it is. If I decide I want to raid classic(again), then i will have to pick up the pace through january, which will still leave me a full month to raid before kunark. Its not hard at all, and quite frankly anyone who thinks its an unfair rate to accomplish "end game" things just isnt willing to make any effort.

As the person im quoting stated, they are 50 already, so clearly they know the xp rate is fine, they just have reservations about new people coming to the server over time. Thats all well and good, but really a discussion for a much later date when we dont have alts in the 1-60 range still.
  10. EradzEQ Elder

So you will be able to gain 1 lvl a day with current exp rates, how many hours do you think you will put in per day for this?
  11. TipTap Journeyman

I'm glad to see that there are at least a few people around here with some foresight. The rest are delusional or in denial.
  12. Brumski Augur

Grinding requires no effort, just time.
    Killing a raid boss requires some effort.
    No one complaining about the exp rates wants raid gear for nothing.
  13. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Yep, exactly what I said. Fast or slow exp, you will quit eventually because you just won't be able to keep up with any raiding guild worth mentioning playing 15 hours a week or less.

I have not done the buffed Kunark targets yet but let's take a look at the classic ones shall we?

- Naggy/Vox: Pretty straight forward. If your raid is on time and you don't wipe you can easily take one of them in your 3 hour raid window, possibly both. Great. If you wipe that may very well be the only thing you do that night.

-Inny: I'm going to assume that your guild is going to do the instanced version so they're going to try and take down the minis and armor mobs here. You will probably never see the God of Hate with your 3 hour raid window.

-Cazic: Same as Inny. Your guild will want to kill armor mobs + dracolich and golems. Good luck doing all that in a 3 hour window.

-Sky: Just forget it.

So even if you were level 50 Today, you would not be able to see any in-era content other than the classic dragons. So what are you going to ask next? Should DBG release turbo version of these raids? Group version? What? Again, 15 hour a week is too little to do anything in era. Ever.

What do you mean the game as it has become now? IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR 16 YEARS. It actually was WORSE back then, so if anything the game is now more accomodating for people wanting to play on a casual basis.
  14. Elkay Augur

Only if no guilds raided in that play window.

Naggy/Vox - Obv doable in a day including clearing
    Inny/Cazic/Sky - We raided these multiple days in 3-4 hour segments, between trash clearing, islands/minis, gods. Some involved some fun corpse tricks to do it, but we got it done. We rarely did these in a single session.

I have no desire (or in most cases even availability) to commit to any more time than what I stated. I'm at work usually 9 hours a day Mon-Fri with at least 2.5 hours commuting daily. I'm out of my house by 7am and usually not home til about 7pm. Cram daily responsibilities in there and it leaves only so much time for EQ before bed, rinse, repeat. Weekend is needed to get everything else RL done, including time with my dad who is getting up there in years and anything else "non-EQ" I might want to do - like time with family and RL friends.

It is what it is. Like I said, I've moved on to other games.