The Necro DoT Revamp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hadesborne, Jun 26, 2019.

1. RainbowCane Elder

Jeskola, did you read my post?

There has been a quick and dirty fix, and the results are that Necros are top DPS. Why are you all calling for a fix, when there has been a fix...

It might not be the perfect reworking that everyone wants, but it puts necros back on top as the kings of DPS, so why all the fuss?

So much of this thread is operating on outdated information. This fix went live several months ago, and Necros who are worth a damn have been wrecking the parse ever since (and without the need to quick swap to 3 different spell sets).

In case you all somehow missed the fix and what it does - It takes all DoT extension and instead of extending the time, balances that extra damage over the original DoT time. So instead of having a DoT that lasts 3 minutes, you have one that lasts 36 seconds but does the damage it would have done in that same time frame. This fixes two things - 1. The need to have 3 full spell sets of DoT's 2. The damage output of said DoT's.
  2. Xeris Augur

is this applicable at all stages? will this impact necro dots on agnarr?
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

No, its an AA you get starting at level 86.
  4. Machen New Member

DPS is not the primary issue. It's the big issue for necros on the TLP's in some eras, but the DOT revamps aren't aimed at the TLP's.
  5. Bewts Augur

A level 86 AA does nothing for 98% of TLP Necros to balance their dots in any fashion.

When a level 36 (39?) poison dot that was revamped and shared with Shaman that continues to rival dots you get at level 60, the class is still broken in TLP for the majority of players through many expansions / years of TLP.

While the AA is a nice fix for mid-late TLP expansions and a good step in the right direction, even a weaker version of it would be very useful at level 50, 60, 70 and 80. Much like how melee have zero cost AA that unlock at certain levels to expand their damage tables.
  6. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

It's the level 34 poison DoT and it's actually first a necro spell, but your point still stands. Also take a look at the level 50 poison DoT. This one level 50 poison DoT, Envenomed Bolt, rivals the Necros level 65 Gates of Discord fire DoT in damage per tick! That's 7 expansions later. Necro specific DoTs need a make over badly

Lvl 50
    Envenomed Bolt - 351dmg for 6 ticks

Lvl 65
    Night Fire - 335dmg for 9 ticks
  7. Machen New Member

I can't say it often enough: The DoT revamps were not aimed at the TLP's. It is not a TLP issue that they are trying to fix.

Necro dps balance on the TLPs is a separate issue and should be addressed separately.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Very fair in that I think there are 2 tlp that made it to 85? (Not factoring heroic start tlp)

And there is no reason to think any of the current crop outside of phinny and selo have a chance of hitting level 86 with a semblance of active servers.

By and large, top players are sticking to early time period servers.
  9. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

DoT revamp for Shadow Knight up on test. I wonder if necro is coming soon.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It will be done for Necromancers this year, albeit in multiple stages.
    From the AMA Aristo said they have the time booked out to get this dot consolidation done.
  11. taliefer Augur

wouldnt hold my breath from a TLP perspective. the SK revamp doesnt even start till level 66 and 71 dots

- Shadowknight - Your Damage over Time spells at or above level 71 have been adjusted so that they no longer stack with themselves, but now do more damage and cost more mana.
    - - Shadowknight - The Bond of Inruku line starting at level 66 has been modified to use resource taps rather than a separate recourse spell to return health to you. Lower level spells were not changed.
  12. Zansobar Augur

Ouch! I hope they just haven't got to the lower level spells yet.
  13. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

That's because most shadow Knight dots before then are also necro dots, which are getting reworked later.

They won't rework earlier dots for the shadow Knight because they would affect 2 classes instead and throw of future balance fixes for necro dots
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

Correct, expect for the poison line that was introduced in the PoP / LoY era and replaces the fire line - those are being missed here.

Taking a quick look at random changes on test and each one I checked, the dot became less efficent, costing more mana for the damage. :(
  15. Jimmy2times Elder

Necro dot revamp will be here will I pay my 30 year mortgage.

I’m only in year 2
  16. Bewts Augur

Which is why this is in a TLP forum... and also why it is part of the problem.

Class balancing on live trickled down to TLP for many classes - but not Necros.
    Skuz likes this.