The Elephant in the room

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, let me rephrase. M Q 2 is allowed on Rizlona to the same extent it is allowed on Live. Does that help you?

I have never used that program, I S Bockser, or Show EQ. So I'm not trying to justify my position. I don't have one. I'm just telling you what every person who plays on Rizlona already knows.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Well said.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

They can but should they? Privacy considerations come into play. When I start EQ I am not consenting to DBG spying on my computer.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Perhaps, but IMO it probably works a little differently. They run a scan of running processes. Then they search for things they know about such as [that one program]. If they find it... well, they do whatever it is they do in that circumstance. In that scenario they shouldn't know any more than the specific processes they are looking for. In other words, if it's not on their list, they don't know about it. In Theory.

If they are logging all running processes then they have a huge problem. More accurately, we have a huge problem.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Because I'm not an idiot. ;)
  6. Rauven Augur

Its always been up to the interpretation of whomever is handling the individual issue with the individual player. For example, Daybreak/SOE/Verant has always taken a stance of no naming and shaming in the forums. Been that way since they opened the forums.

Except when its not:

[IMG]

Of course I must point out that the evidence shown was blatant. I don't know if the link in the image still works (and since the individual was banned their stats wouldn't shown after they haven't logged on in over 6 months), but it was PS2's player stats and it showed them cert farming by using a throw away account to stat/kill pad for exp. Imagine if on the PVP server if you could get exp from killing a player and had an alt bound to a spot where you just killed them over and over. That's against the rules for obvious reasons.

But it was shown and the thread wasn't locked/deleted (initially, and I'll go into that in a moment). And as you can see our old friend RadarX took personal action.

So yes the thread was eventually deleted. But only because it was used in many cases like I am now in this one. Either myself or another would link to that thread to show.. yes you can name and shame. But you better have your ducks in a row. Obviously Daybreak doesn't want to officially allow naming and shaming. So they deleted/delisted the thread. Though not before I got the screenshot of it (usually threads get locked after I post it, I've not gotten any warnings, so I can only suspect its a coincidence).

Point is. Yes the ones handling the tickets can bend the rules (at least the formality of them, not the spirit) for the greater good. Niente has stated interest in doing so. And I applaud them for it. It appears there is an Ally of the Players inside Daybreak after all. Only good can come from that.

Maybe this will inspire others. Maybe it will cut some of the cynicism as displayed by many.

Cheaters have got to go. And it looks like the system is against them. As it should be.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Not here. They'll delete any posts/threads that name and shame. I think it's silly but thems the rules.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.