Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Drusi Augur

Someone explain to me why Defensive Proficiency was lowered from 30% to 20%?

I thought that issue was that tanks were doing too much DPS not that they were tanking too well...

This will affect the badly geared tanks the most.
  2. Seldom Augur

Using Paladin as a quick example as that is my main. So basically, one of our main dps abilities(Valorous Rage), was literally "more" than halfed in power factoring in %'s and reduction in uptime. Alright, cool, tremendous nerf to our damage dealing capabilities, which I'm sure was intended. But then, it's also made so it can't stack with glyph/sham epic effectively etc. and now you gotta figure out times to properly stagger everything if you want to gain any type of tangible benefits. Not only is that a gigantic nerf, it's mega annoying and adds more to do in a very unnecessary form. I'd find it very enlightening to hear why Dev's chose to go the route of bloating cumulative damage SpA with multiple relevant abilities and not just flat out reduce/remove damage from 2-hand weapon stance type abilities. From what I'm seeing, was better way to go about the non cumulative damage stuff across board for multiple classes. Nice job on the auto firing of abilities addition, increasing pet sturdiness and nerfing tank sturdiness. You guys got quite a bit of stuff right but went overboard in some aspects IMO. I guess on par for the course of nerfs/increases lol. No delicate lines of balance with a brush I suppose, just pull out the nerf mallet and bang away =p. Grats to pet classes though and hope the boosts end up being distinguishable
  3. segap Augur

The autofire enhancement really only impacts people that wanted easiser passive melee boxes. Does nothing for people that actually play their characters. Likely just more pandering to the types that spam the issue tracker wanting lazy, easy mode, dumb down the game changes. Not that spamming a button is complex game play, but it's also not OMG, this needs a quality of life fix either.
  4. Seldom Augur

Well, Segap, I welcome those basic quality of life improvements with open arms over what I deem unnecessary hassle nerfs/added in game bloat lol. For example, due to this patch alone, I made FOUR seperate audio/text type triggers. They alert as to when my DPS glyph fades, when sham epic received/fades and another for when one of my dps abilities fades. In order to fully maximize my dps as of this patch, I found adding all four of those triggers completely necessary. I find that utterly ridiculous FYI, especially as a Paladin/none dps main, so I desired to articulate to developement where I felt they did good at improving ease of play mechanisms yet at same time made what was once very basic functions an extreme hassle. Nerf is cool, but zero reason to add strange stacking issues on top at this point in game especially if they desire to reduce the bloat of backstab/bash/kick type abilities moving forward. Even more so when majority of player base won't even fully grasp the changes or know the new way to somewhat attempt maximizing after them.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Are you really complaining that you had to create triggers to optimize burns to know when abilities fade and you could hit other things that no longer stack?

Welcome to what the every other non melee class has been doing for ages.

Get a grip. If you expect to be able to just hit everything and go to town, that's rediculous. Eq was meant to understand what stacks and what doesn't and how to optimize things. Not mash everything and go, "LOOK AT ME, PALADIN DOING 600-700KDPS."
    Vdidar likes this.
  6. Seldom Augur

Sindaiann, In one of my two posts, I said I would address the changes for a Paladin, as that is my main. I also stated I was perfectly fine with a DPS nerf. The stacking issues are a bit suspect for multiple classes though IMO. As a "Paladin" I made "four additional" triggers from this patch alone, that's not counting what I did on other chars. That also doesn't include what other classes are going to need to do or their level of additional coordination. No where in any of my post did I say OMG i iz paladin and want to mash buttons to burn for 700k!!!. In fact, I encourage Paladins to stay one of the most skill based classes in game(Wouldn't expect you to grasp that. You have elite tier Paladins in CT though, so hopefully you understand most don't do what they do because it can't be achieved by mashing a bunch of buttons alone). You are telling me to get a "grip", might want to read your own posts and understand how they sound lil buddy lmao. Again, as I clearly stated, it'd be cool to hear from development why they decided to go this route and not nerf or remove things like 2 hand weapon stance instead. Between current endless hotkeys, tons of spell sets, multiple pre existing stacking issues of buffs, I personally fail to see why it's wise to go the route of adding more things of that nature to keep up with when folks have grown accustom to stacking some of these abilities for literally 10+ years. Especially if they are taking time to consolidate effort required for18 year old abilities such as kick, backstab, bash ETC. FYI: Questioning and Complaining mean two different things, it'd do you well to learn the difference
  7. Sindaiann Augur

This right here, is you complaining. Not questioning. You find it utterly ridiculous to have to do this. So don't then or do, no one cares. OMG not FOUR audio triggers!? Not people who actually have to know what things do and when to use them?! Oh the horror!

Other classes have been watching abilities and having triggers set for multiple things to optimize burns for ages. Damage Glyphs should of never stacked cumulatively for melee classes with other abilities, hence they are changing it.

Nope. I have zero idea of any class outside my own. I come on these forums and slam every class except my own and call for nerfs left and right /sarcasm
  8. p2aa Augur

Why are warriors getting a double DPS nerf with this when knights get one DPS nerf ? 30 % passive dmg decrease ? Do you want warriors doing the worst DPS of the 3 tank classes ?
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Paladins burst just got castrated

That nerf looks like it also applying to knights.

Calm down
  10. fransisco Augur

Can the pet avoidance buff be added to Mage Gargoyal pets? They are supposed to be tanking pets
  11. Seldom Augur

Sindaiann, I don't think you have a grasp on the own classes you play FYI. I base this off of simple things such as how you attempted to make SK harmonius sound mediocre and Paladin harmonius the best thing since sliced bread in previous posts. For the record, I've had multiple triggers set, I'd wager more than you(but who knows), for ages. That's my point precisely, needing to add more and more bloat for limited gain becomes increasingly ridiculous when development has been attempting to consolidate multiple categories. You are claiming damage glyphs should have never stacked cumalative for melee, yet you are giving zero logical reason as to why they shouldn't have for ten+ years Lol. Also, the quote you picked from me was an example of added in game bloat I find utterly ridiculous. You can call it complaining or whatever you want, I'm not asking you any questions as you've asked me. I fail to see the point of any of your posts except to cry/complain about me supposedly complaining about adding audio triggers. Hopefully the irony doesn't escape you. In my post I told devs nice job on changes I felt were good, gave congrats to classes that received boosts, agreed with nerfs to a class I play but asked "why" they chose to go about "some" of it in method they did. My question to you would be what in the world are you trying to achieve with your posts directed at me, but I already know the answers. Thanks for the love lil buddy, I'm glad you've taught me how to keep a "grip" on things with your amazing demeanor lol. Keep saving the forums from the complainers champ
  12. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

The life of a paladin. 27000 AA and not a single one is DPS. And, now no tanking. How about some more useless patchwork. I like the Divine Call that made it useless. And, don't forget the Act of Valor line. Or the 27000 AA to get 1000 AA in each Tradeskill just to go crafting 1000 more recipes that you will never use. I am guessing they want more time sinks versus actual playing.
    Nightops likes this.
  13. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

Please address druid dots on TLP. I've made 20 posts about it and received no acknowledgment of the nerf. Figure I'll try here...
    Thanks
  14. Angahran Augur

Another minor annoyance is the duplicated damage messages.
    You get one message for your name and a second for 'you'.
    e.g. If your character is named Bob, you'll see this in your log file.

Bob hits bigbadmob123 for 2000 damage...
    You hit bigbadmob123 for 2000 damage...

Can we get rid of the duplicated message ? (the one with our character name)
    fransisco likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Please give Paladins either a call to corpse or a useable in combat 96% rez.
  16. Angahran Augur

If the tank is dead they can't DPS :p
  17. Chaosflux Augur

Hyperbole isn't going to help the paladin cause much if at all.
    Seldom and Reht like this.
  18. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

Neither is trolling.
  19. Hostility Elder

I like what I see. My poor warrior. So many lizard tears will be shed :oops:
    fransisco likes this.
  20. Shmoozy New Member

Please , put down the nerf bat and just walk away , you all obviously have absolutely no clue what you're all doing. Go play tiddly winks or something , sheesh. :eek:
    Turayalon likes this.