Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

True but maybe they're also realizing that some of the stacking changes they made a couple years ago were a mistake. Who knows. They never seem to do the obvious thing.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Passive ae aggro lock is stupid, whether it has 40% uptime or 100% uptime. I think an argument could be made that Wade is even dumber than the War/SK Harmonious lines, since it requires little to no outside help to trigger procs, and with its 5m refresh it's up every time you'd reasonably want to use it anyway.

Can't have the cake and eat it too my friend :(. It's a terrible design mechanic that should be scrapped in all it's derpy forms.
  3. Rogue001 Lorekeeper

This^

Please look in to this while we're on the subject of back stab auto fire.
  4. Conjuration New Member

No, they were designed to be damage over time spells.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I'd happily trade Wade for a Destructive Force clone.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If Act of Valor did something like that I would use it even more and be totally okay with the VR nerf.
  7. Minato Augur

why in anyones right state of mind would ANYBODY ask for aggro nerfs for tanks..... coming from a dps standpoint if i cant do my job because tanks dont have tools to hold aggro then auto attack it is
    Xeladom likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL yes other tanks.. thanks for the catch.
  9. Seldom Augur

Minato, pertaining to aggro, as things are currently, one tank(SK or War) can lock aggro on any infinite amount of mobs by simply getting healed. Before such abilities were ever added to game, good tanks had limited issue holding aggro. It just wasn't a completely mindless get a heal from someone and get aggro locked thing. Having AE heals be triggered by getting a single heal and having enourmous gigantic AE aggro be triggered by getting a single heal are two of the worst things to happen to game IMO. There is such a thing as too much aggro, healage, tankage. It should take skill and effort to do all those categories just like maximizing DPS. Many tanks complained when such silly mode easy aggro was added to game, just like they did when silly levels of perma mitigation were added in. They realized how bad it'd be for game eventually
  10. shiftie Augur

All my hard work. /mourn.

Dzarn the hate is strong.
    sojero, Act of Valor and Xanathol like this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

A lot closer to 50 here...
  12. Gnomeland Augur

A patch in which Mage pets are buffed while Warriors are nerfed? And a tank nerf, at that?

This... This has never happened before.

I suppose we have no need to worry that it'll go live then.
  13. Triconix Augur

Apparently you don't understand how Wade works.
  14. Chaosflux Augur

You get hit it procs

Same concept as harmonious get healed it procs.

Pretty sure he covered that in his post by saying passive aggro lock, IE you aren't inputting any effort for that hate past an initial tag of a mob.
    sojero and Sheex like this.
  15. svann Augur

Its optional.
  16. smash Augur

True optional, but cannot help thinking on people using it, while a mob is mezzed. Will it be smart enough not to be used then? Or will it break mez.
  17. svann Augur

Id imagine that it would turn off when you turn off autoattack.
  18. Triconix Augur

How is it passive aggro lock? It's not at all and you explained exactly why.

1. How are warriors going to be getting hit by mobs in order for it to proc? We have to first actively gain aggro on X amount of mobs. Wade isn't just some special magical aura that pops off AE aggro every second so mobs around us instantly are attracted by us. We first have to actively use one of our really crappy (with long reuse timer) AE aggro abilities or individually aggro every other mob. We don't have many on demand aggro tools so going down the ExtTar list one-by-one using our single aggro abilities takes time and work.

3. I've had people rip aggro off wade on mobs that I'm not currently targeting. It's not an aggro lock at the slightest. My necro's pet with sham Dicho with no weapons and no taunt on has pulled aggro on the mobs I'm not targeting. Do the people even talking about Wade even have a warrior that has used Wade before? It seems like a big no because it's not uncommon for a merc to attack the wrong mob or have my necro rip aggro with DoTs on the extra mobs without me having to click other abilities to stack with Wade.

2. It's not nearly the same concept as Harmonious. It has 40% uptime compared to 100% and it procs completely differently. If you wanted, you could completely control harmonious by casting group only heals. Wade to Battle is completely uncontrollable when it procs. Once the buff is off our AE aggro goes from very good to laughably pathetic, except for Harmonious now which you have to read the end.

3. Wade also has a much smaller range than harmonious so if a mob is more than a pin drop away, we'll have to target that mob out and aggro him using our single aggro abilities.

Is Wade a great tool? Yes, it's fantastic. That doesn't mean it doesn't have it's short comings. If it weren't for the obviously OP harmonious buff, warriors would have pathetic AE aggro tools for 60% of the time with only 2 aggro tools, both with recasts of over 40 seconds (one that's a minute) for not that much aggro.

Give me SK AE aggro spells over Wade and I'll be way more powerful than I am now. I would laugh at how easy the game would be geiving my clickable AE aggro tools with fast recasts. I would be clicking less than I am now as I wouldn't have to blow through all my aggro tools on each and every mob on my ExtTar. 3-5 AAs/discs that I can click every 30 seconds or less for AE aggro compared to 40/60 uptime-downtime uncontrollable procs? Yes, please. 3 minutes is a long stretch of time. I would like to invite all the SKs to go out and go 3 minutes without any AE aggro tools and see how much of a joy ride it is when you have 6-10 mobs in camp. Please let me know how little work you had to do for that aggro lock.

I personally don't use HE out of principle. It's way too mind numbing and boring to use for mass killing. I just use HP. I tried out HE once and haven't even thought about clicking on it again. Maybe when it gets fixed to something more appropriate I'll use it. It's just not a good ability for this game's health.
    p2aa likes this.
  19. Ainae New Member

Like an UI that scales well on 2k or 4k monitors ?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's the same stupid mechanic man, with a slightly different way of triggering it and uptime, but with a recast so low it's functionally up whenever it needs to be in a raid environment. I know exactly how Wade works. The range difference between Wade and Expanse is *15 units*, and aggroing a couple of mobs to ramp up the proc rate on Wade is not difficult with a couple of button presses, then once it starts firing it's literal ae passive aggro lock, just like the Harmos. Little more difficult to trigger, but fully in control of the War, unlike Harmo requiring outside assistance to get going. And once it is going, gg!

Despite your brief visit to a river in Egypt, they're *very* similar abilities...that you can argue with a straight face that one is brokenly OP and bad for the game, and another is a-ok as is, is really, really silly.

I'd be all for replacing it with some short reuse ae aggro abilities, along with giving Pal some aggro love to balance the hate scales. Right now with the Harmos and Wade any kind of aggro balance in a raid setting (where it actually matters) is basically impossible, and that's bad for the game. No one should have single buttons this strong.