Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Sounds like you would have been better off with more healers (Clerics, Shamans, or Druids) rather than winging it with Paladins as healers. Depending on the situation and type of healing needed, you might have been better off with more Rangers performing single-target healing (they can out heal a Paladin on a single target if they know what they're doing). Just because you were able to do something with Paladins in the raid, doesn't suddenly make them better tanks. I agree that they are better healers than SKs and Warriors.

Complaining about GAoTI is silly. Most of the time I use it in a raid setting it is actually on a different tank group which is full of SKs or Warriors, not Paladins, or it's on SKs in my group which I'm busy healing because they're the ones tanking. Don't your Paladins cast it on other tanks instead of keeping it all to themselves? Greedy little bastards.

Stop ignoring Reaver's Bargain and how useful it can be just because it suits your argument to do so. Nobody is "clinging to it" except a couple of SKs that want to say it's totally useless so it shouldn't matter which is just flat wrong and those of us that point out that you're being deceitful.

For the most part, the two knight classes tank about the same with mostly mirrored copies of the same or similar abilities with the exception of Reaver's Bargain. There are minor differences because of the differences between the classes (ex. Holy vs Unholy Guardian) that cause some things to be slightly different or of greater worth to one class instead of the other. Reaver's Bargain is a big difference between how the two classes tank and Paladins have nothing like it.

I think I need a list of abilities that should "count" for balance discussions since we can't claim VoT is an advantage for SKs because they can cast it on others (not that it actually happens that often). Not sure why that isn't the case with something like GAoTI except that it's a Paladin ability we can cast on a different group and again, it fits your argument.

Right now it looks like:
    - Voice of Thule: doesn't count, because it can be cast on others
    - Group Armor of the Inquisitor: Counts despite the fact it can be cast on others

The main Paladin gripe is that aggro generation between the three tank classes is jacked up. Two of the classes have easy mode aggro generation and one doesn't. So instead of working to balance that out, they obliterate Paladin burst DPS because in the grand scheme of things, that's what mattered most. Don't kid yourself and believe for a second that the nerf wasn't because of all the pissing, moaning and whining done by SKs in a certain thread where Shiftie and some others schooled them on how it worked because they just didn't understand it.

After a hit to Shield Stance, War Two Hander Stance and PAL burst DPS, what's next on the nerf list? SK Harm Touch damage being semi-crazy (didn't look as crazy before the Paladin VR nerf - now it does). Tank AE aggro tools being 4 or 5 times the aggro that single target aggro tools are? Those look silly too especially since they work on 1 mob or many. Warriors dual-wield tanking (where's that loud mouth now) at all? There will be plenty of whining in the future, just wait.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  2. Wolfimus New Member

Quote from the patch

Warrior - Reduced the damage bonus modifier of Two-Handed Proficiency from 110-120 to 80-90.

Now I understand this adjustment was done in the sense of game balance. The problem I see is the lack of a complete thought! If you only adjust the 2 handed weapons... Warrior solution is equip two one hand weapons. Problem solved!

Hopefully doesn't take them another 3 months to figure out how to make an adjustment.
  3. Janakin Augur

2H as it is now is more dps than DW so I do not see what adjustment you are talking about.