Teek/Tormax Kunark Unlock Speculation Premature?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demetri, Mar 13, 2024.

1. fransisco Augur

TSS start is where its at. Completely obliterate the samey old level up formula everyone repeats. It'll be SUPER different watching people try to break into raiding at lvl 70 instead of 45. Everything will be different and fresh instead of the predictable classic krono farm event.
    Yinla and Ddezul like this.
  2. Level 4 Druid New Member

No dispute with any of what you said here. I think my preference for a 4-week level 50 lock is (1) it creates at least *some* window where classic raids aren’t entirely trivial, although I agree that Vox splits with 16 or Vox with 6 isn’t a make or break, and (2) I think it creates an interesting opportunity where guilds can experiment with what Kunark content is feasible (but without being stuck in that a la Vaniki).

But to be clear, I’m still on team Kunark launch with 60 cap >>>> no Kunark at launch. At this point I’m just being picky about what version of that I find the most compelling, but they’re all awesome to me.
  3. Intercept Augur

Skipping classic would cost them $, no way they shoot themselves in the foot
  4. Fizon Augur

I dont know why people keep saying this. They released Miragul which started at lvl 80? 85? Granted it was a huge failure and everyone knew it would be but they have released other servers past classic before like Selos
  5. Demetri Augur

Vaniki too... Had forgotten that Selo's started w/ Luclin until this refreshed me.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

Miragul, failure.
    Vaniki, failure.
    Selo, shortest lived TLP ever

What do you not get about it?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Miragul wasn't advertised very well, target audience shouldn't have been aimed at the usual TLP crowd, it should have been aimed at those who had quit live recently and wanted to get back into the game without having too many problems catching up. Also was launched in November not on the usual schedule. But it made it to live.

Vaniki was great at the start, but didn't have the support to complete targets in era, eg no cure curse for Lethar, as well as armor not having its levels reduced so was unable to be used. Still has a guild beating achievements and prior to the next TLP launch it gains players who want the achievement rewards. Disapointed this server wasn't better supported, it is a lot of fun.

Selo, was short as intended, fastest ever server to live.

If we are looking at real failers you have Coirnav who had a rushed final few expansions due to a lack of players. I'm pretty sure there was another server that didn't make it to live, Fippy maybe, or Trakkanon?
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

I don't see how starting in Classic vs Kunark changes much of anything. It's basically the same junk. The leveling path will stay mostly the same, except with some additional choices. Instead of fighting red dragon in a pixelated cave, you get to fight him in a pixelated lava field and you get to fight white dragon in a mountain instead of ice cave! Oh boy YAY!
  9. Ilshade Augur

you cant have Kunark launch as it is only good for Lizzys not for the rest of the class, as you can not get there safely until lvl 15-20 - i know experienced players can but a new launch server with new players your looking at a lot of hate for those that cant make it over to play with friends
  10. fransisco Augur

Huh? So someone needs to spend 20 levels in their newbie yard before hoping on the boat to kunark. How does that change anything? Thats how it worked the first time around.
    Unlike in TLPs, most people were not max level when kunark came out.
  11. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Wait till this guy finds out about Gfay...
    fransisco likes this.
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

A Kunark launch doesn't prevent you from leveling in classic zones...? I'm not following your point at all besides showing off your ignorance.
  13. Ilshade Augur

so how does a level 1 troll SK and a level 1 lizzy and a level 1 human mage play together as friends on a TLP with kunark - you cant basically - but as most tlps start in classic its not a problem for the company and new players - your just showing your ignorance to new players which the company is working on building a player base to keep the game going - try looking at this issue day 1 or first week of play rather than end game - too smart for your own good lol
  14. Ilshade Augur

the company doesnt want to give a race an advantage like the lizzys will have over the others if you dont start as a lizzy - again look at the game day 1 or first week - end game yes we all can then move around but then why have kunark start and not just do the same classic start and when your higher goto kunark when it launchs, this is how the company looks at it too
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

You level up to 10 and meet up? Thats like 30 minutes.

You run into similar issues with any evil + good race groups. Kunark changes nothing.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I demand a 2 week head start for residents of Halas, we are at a geographical disadvantage, getting to EC tunnel. Alternatively I would accept a new port being built to allow us to reach Kunark first.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Even easier than ever now we have personas, can do it at level 1 in a matter of minutes.

1. Create Iksar
    2. Create a human persona in Freeport
    3. Move human out of the main gates in Freeport, away from the guards
    4. Switch persona back to Iksar

Well done you are now an Iksar in Freeport!

*Edit* This will work for any race who want to get to Freeport......I see druids and wizzys not making much PP on this TLP.
    fransisco and Rijacki like this.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Same issue in Classic for anyone starting on the Qeynos side vs Freeport side of the High Pass mountains. Someone would need to make the long trek through difficult areas. Getting to/from Field of Bone at level 1 is about the same and definitely not impossible. It's just easier at higher levels or with the travel options available with higher level characters around.
    fransisco likes this.
  19. coltongrundy Augur

copium
  20. Tyranthraxus Grognard

This could be reverse engineered for other races going to iksar newbie yard as well.

Freeport will be even easier though, don't even need laurions song, just buy the tower clicky in DB store.
    Rijacki and Yinla like this.