Teek/Tormax Kunark Unlock Speculation Premature?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demetri, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Neuro Elder

The problem is that Kunark (and later expansions) were not designed with a TLP in mind. It was originally designed to be the ONLY expansion. So much of the game was improved with Kunark, it really *should* be the start of the game. So many QOL improvements came with Kunark, improved leveling areas, better spells, etc.

The best start would be Kunark start, but level locked to 50 (and without that "+10 level" crap from Vaniki, that made it too easy). FTE enabled, and then fix a few certain bottlenecks, like the crown for the cleric epic, and the VP key pieces. The ground spawns for that key should be every 6 minutes, not every 2 hours.

If they were willing to put in a bit of work, they should also add in The Warrens and Stonebrunt from the beginning, AND add in an expansion to Kerra Isle where Vah Shir can start in classic. Add in the Beastlord and Berserker trainers in the game, and you have a vastly improved "Classic" experience. After 8-12 weeks, you unlock Velious and up the cap to 60, and there you go.
    Dalyrina, Kaenneth and Shalom like this.
  2. Bumley New Member

I can't see them doing a Kunark launch for one reason.
    They make money off people purchasing the race change to Iksars.
  3. Basak Augur

This is the best reason to have a Kunark start, imo.

VP ground spawns are already on a 20~ minute respawn. And the others are dropping from the zones they would normally drop in.

The Warrens is a fun zone my favorite 1-20 area. I support Warrens, Stonebrunt being in from start. Along with the BST and BER. Vote Yes for more options!
    Ddezul likes this.
  4. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Considering Luclin is the beginning of the game. I don't get your point.

Classic-Velious is just practice doe
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  5. Nanner New Member

The lack of critical thinking skills displayed on these forums is mind boggling.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. DeadRagarr Augur

Tormax server doesn't really sound like a great name for a kunark launch server. Velious sure, but not kunark.
    Cfuson likes this.
  7. Shalom Quillmane Bane

The one thing the /calendar leak taught us is that we KNOW both servers are on the same unlock schedule so its not a situation with one "wierd" Vaniki server and another "regular" server.
  8. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

The more I thought about a Kunark start, the more I liked about it. Having a new leveling experience available for Iksars and those that want to venture into Kunark early sounds really fun. You can also work on VP key while leveling rather than having a ton of people bottlenecked when Kunark launches. No more collecting epic pieces just to have them sit in your bank for months either, as soon as it's finished you can turn it in.

I know in the past when I racechanged to Iksar SK it was frustrating trying to gear up off what felt like 4 nightmares in Fear, and this would open up gearing right from the start. Same goes for the other Iksar gearsets.

The race to 50 becomes the race to 60 and that's a much longer journey, but there wouldn't be any more level 50 plane of sky raids and for that I could not be happier.
    Indigo_Quarmite and Yinla like this.
  9. Level 4 Druid New Member

With you on all this, but I’d actually prefer a level 50 cap for the first 4 weeks. Maintains the relevance of classic end-game content (we’ll need Sky for plenty of epics anyways so the sisters sadly aren't going anywhere), but you have all the awesome leveling paths of Kunark available to choose from that are pretty universally missed every TLP . The purists can of course stick to the Unrest/Guk/Hole cycle that will surely still have plenty of takers, but now you add FOB, Swamp, Kurns, LOIO, Dalnir, Kaesora, OT, DL, TD, CoM, Nurga, Droga, Karnor’s, Seb, Chardok, etc. to the possible leveling paths. It’s just a *massive* expansion with a plethora of options for every level that would be really fun to explore for those who are interested.
    Shalom likes this.
  10. Kahna Augur

Pretty much all of the classic raids are still relevant with a Kunark start. Yeah you can get the dragon epic drops off the Kunark dragons but if 99.9% of guilds had to choose between killing Vox or killing Gore they are choosing Vox. Phinny still has epic drops, Naggy is still worth killing, the planes all have epic drops. This would just allow smaller groups to go get those drops. That isn't a bad thing.
  11. Protocol Dragon Defender

I think the test server calendar was just an inaccurate date or a typo that was meant to be Kunark 6/20 which would put it exactly on the Mischief schedule of May 22 launch and four weeks later Kunark drops.
    Shalom likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That may have been their original plan, but that doesn't mean after reading all the positive feedback on a Kunark start that they won't do it.
  13. Magic Augur

Hope to see at least 4 week of Classic, many returned players will be happy with Classic start i sure.
    And everyone who want Kunark will be there anyway :)
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

Meh, I'm skipping everything until pop regardless of ruleset.

Doing that content again just once was enough for me to realize nostalgia and memories should just stay where they are. The content is objectively awful with modern expectations.
  15. Adreus Lorekeeper

I’ve not played EverQuest in quite some time but I’m very much looking forward to these next time locked progression servers. I hope that they don’t start with Kunark despite being a massive Iksar fan. I love that little bit of classic right before Kunark. It would be a shame to lose that.

I’m mostly just ready to hear the rulesets for these servers. I’m assuming we will get another Mischief style server. If not I’d be pretty disappointed.
    Shalom likes this.
  16. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I wholeheartedly agree with this. If they opened up Kunark at the start MERELY for the alternate places to level that would be amazing. Nothing worse than getting to level 41 in classic (without The Hole opened) and trying to squeeze out 9 levels in an over-crowded guk / sol b
  17. fransisco Augur

I think it'd be fun if DB was just trolling everyone with the "calender leaks"
  18. Rainbowbright Journeyman

Call me crazy but I want more hard mode. I say do a standard most popular ruleset but permanently enable fabled on the server. Ruin traditional mindless camps with fabled, make the leveling path harder to maintain. Instead of randomized loot, randomize the spawnpoints of the named between each other, have Arch Mage spawn in assassin. Make multi groups have to work to keep a camp locked down. And for gods sake, add a market item for head start purchases so we can start 10 levels below cap after classic.
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Counterpoint: There is zero effect on end game classic content.

You will still aggressively split (6 nagafen > 3 talendor if you have to choose)
    You will more aggressively split Vox as Gore is a one time only raid.
    You will still aggressively farm planes for armor and epics. Most of that stuff is still used throughout and some slots still bis during Kunark.
    PoSky drops that were BiS in classic are probably still BiS or very close to it for Kunark.
    Phinny isn't even a raid target and heavily farmed by guilds for epic stuff.

It makes Master Yael pointless. Conceded. He is pretty pointless in classic too though to be fair.

I just don't see how Kunark hurts the classic experience. All of VP has like 4 drops worth anything. Kunark just makes it feel like a complete game and the leveling paths that Kunark opens up that are never used would be great.

Velious would surely invalidate classic and Kunark content outside of 2 PD items and epic farms.
  20. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

i have been asking for Classic/Kunark for years opens it up more and most people get wore out of classic in 4 weeks anyways
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.