Teek/Tormax Kunark Unlock Speculation Premature?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demetri, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Demetri Augur

Checking Test today after the update, Teek/Tormax no longer showing on /calendar that I could see on a brief check.

Seems like the speculation of it just being it indicating a Kunark launch may have been premature
  2. Cfuson Journeyman

It's not going to be a kunark launch, that was always bs speculation just based on the calendar date. Jchan even said in the most recent interview that people want to play their most popular tlp's from the beginning and the beginning doesn't mean kunark.
    Kaenneth, Shalom and fransisco like this.
  3. Demetri Augur

Most people would consider Chapter 2 of a book to still be the "beginning" of a 25 chapter novel. It's an open-ended term which can be a literal start point, or a wider introductory portion. An imprecise term has imprecise interpretations applicable.

But I don't disagree with your speculation overall - in the case of an accelerated start it seems random compared to most other potential choices.
  4. Tsuaruanni Elder

Kunark start makes no sense.

The people who complain about not wanting to do Classic again are going to do it again anyways (this is me. I admit it).

People who love Classic are much more likely to not do the Kunark start.
    Shalom, fransisco and Demetri like this.
  5. Demetri Augur

Yep for me who saw the upside of a "new leveling path" versus my norm (I never leveled low levels in Kunark), while ruminating on the possible "loss" of it, I realized that I could just as easily make a Persona then to do the same more comfortably.
    Shalom likes this.
  6. Fizon Augur

Id play either way but a kunark launch would be pretty cool. Iksars off the bat, cool lvling areas (kurns, CoM) Classes are more fleshed out, and much more to do.
  7. pipo Lorekeeper

I prefer to start in classic but a kunark start is ok for me. I understand that many people have kunark leveling nostalgia and that they want to have the raid mobs/epics grind as fast as posible.
    We have had vaniki before, why not a kunark start now?
    Demetri likes this.
  8. Basak Augur

Beginning is subjective. A lot of my friends consider Kunark or Velious the beginning. Myself I consider Classic the beginning despite that. My friends have not played on a TLP in years because they want a Kunark start they won't start at classic, which seems odd as a lot of their leveling have been mostly Classic zones so doesn't make sense to me, but still, they will not come back unless it is a Kunark start.

Saying that, if there is a Classic start I probably won't play all that much if at all but if there is a Kunark launch I will likely make the switch just to be able to play with my friends.
    Demetri likes this.
  9. 25AnniONLY New Member

A Kunark start would be a nice to change the leveling paths of people and spread everyone out a bit more.

However I think most people would still push hard on the Classic zones for select armor factors.
    Demetri likes this.
  10. Elabone Augur

We know that at the very least, the Test server calendar was showing a Kunark launch. We know this because the Velious launch was 12 weeks after, and not 8 weeks like a normal TLP server schedule. They didnt accidentally name the "server launch" .. "kunark unlocks" and then also randomly decide to give us 12 weeks.

This would make sense, releasing Classic+Kunark together, and reducing the time by 4 weeks.
    The only other time (in recent history) Classic and Kunark were a combined 12 weeks (instead of 16) was on Mischief and Thornblade. We only had 4 weeks of classic before Kunark was launched.

Whether it was a TRUE leak or not is still to be seen, since they would obviously remove it when they realized the mistake.

I imagine the calendar was accurate. They removed it because they dont understand how widespread that information became (and it was an accident to even post it), and we will get 12weeks pre velious starting at Kunark and were getting some form of Mischief style loot (based on the timelines).

Sidenote: I dont think we're getting different servers, I think that Tormax is just another overflow server they already had named and theyll just release 2x "some form of mischief style" servers in May.

Theres not a single server they could release next to a FV Random Loot server that wouldnt just "tank" (use your own definition of what it means for a server to tank, my definition would be a substantially lower population that the mischief style server).
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  11. Lejaun Augur

Kunark start makes some sense, actually. It lets Iksar players start as their preferred race. It gives a lot more zones to level up in, and more choices of gear to camp. It also gives more raids to go after.
    Demetri likes this.
  12. MaestroM Augur

staaahhhpp let me dream.
    Shalom likes this.
  13. MaestroM Augur

wow don't @ me like that
  14. Tsuaruanni Elder

I was more focusing on it not making sense for them with regards to getting the most subs at launch.
  15. Bartholomo Journeyman

I personally would prefer a classic start with only 2 weeks in classic, 4 tops. I would enjoy a Kunark start as well, but a little classic can be fun to.
  16. coltongrundy Augur

It all makes sense when you realize who ever made the calendar entries accidentally hit 5 instead of 6 for the June dates.

expansions unlock on thursdays. May 20 is monday but June 20 is... wait for it... thursday. And that fits perfectly to follow a 4 week (+1 day) classic launch that starts on May 22. TLPs always launch in late may.
    Shalom and Barton-Vox like this.
  17. Krand New Member

Start one of the servers much further into the expansions!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was quite excited with the possability of a Kunark start.

But who knows maybe with all the positive discussions there has been for a Kunark start maybe they will decide a Kunark start is a good idea. It isn't like they have announced it and couldn't change their minds without losing face.

I live in hope of a launch day with Iksars, beastlords and zerkers. :)

I'd settle for 1 out of 3 :)
  19. Voldraxx New Member

Or maybe, just maybe, it was a deliberate 'leak' to judge what the reaction would be without committing to anything...

Nah, i don't give them that much credit!

Have to say i was super excited for the possibilities of a kunark launch. It means that kunark zones will actually be used for levelling instead of just iksars playing catch up. 20 instances of kurns on launchday anyone? :)
  20. Intercept Augur

Classic is awesome you just have to do it right.

Get to 50 then stop and do it again.

Maybe do a hate or fear, but that's it.