TBL -- Let's get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

So Pally mitigation/self healing numbers lol?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have the beta rewards actually ever been any good?
  3. Brohg Augur

tricorn hat was pretty sweet, and yeti illusion and pixie and cube; mermaid mercenary was one of the first
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Bamboompow Augur

My perspective of TBL is somewhat different. Or perhaps not but its a minority one. Best way to describe is the reference to accessibility as opposed to difficulty. What time I spent in there was enjoyable, but being in a time zone no one really plays in anymore (in contrast to US EST) with a demanding Real Life sort of made TBL a bit of a bummer. When decent people with decent skill sets were around, it was rewarding and certainly not impossible. Most of those people are asleep or otherwise busy tho, most days when I finally derp myself online.

Sometimes casual play is forced upon you.

When a TBL comes along that is very limiting in participation, its a money waste in a bit of a different manner. No random people want to bother with it, and the guild mates that are around are either busy, tired of TBL or just plain afk/in bed. I play a box crew...manually. Lots of tabbing multibinds and an insane amount of button smash. No IS Boxer or other helpers. So, its means being an expac or two behind now, because no matter how many buttons you mash or how fast you tab some things need REAL people. Good ones, too. It is what it is.

In spite of it not being to my best interests, I don't recommend alterations to content like TBL, but certainly do NOT recommend heavy handed nerfs or special content be made just for niche subsets of players either.
    Requiesce likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They may have changed the policy since TDS or perhaps raid guilds who beta test typically receive the reward automatically (raid event testing). I recall there was a token minimum (20-60) during TDS and before. People would receive tokens for killing named, trade skill combines, completing quests/missions, or stress tests at the time.
  6. Requiesce Journeyman

[IMG]

MMORPG
    noun
    noun: MMORPG; plural noun: MMORPGs
    an online role-playing video game in which a very large number of people participate simultaneously.

For some people you very literally only have 2 options for progressing casually:

a) box
    b) shop for a new server
  7. Allayna Augur

So at least EoK, RoS and TBL only required 1 token. I know because alts got the beta rewards and did maybe 1 boxed mission.

Wouldn’t it be great to spend beta tokens on old beta rewards though?
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

This would hurt as much as it helped. If you were unable to beat them all, reducing the timers just means doing the ones you can do more often.

Having smoke not be a bottle neck (or making it a normal quest arc) would have solved everything.
    5 semi-challenging missions complete before you have to backtrack was rough.
    I got it done fine, I'm sure many others did. But bringing up your alts later in the expansion and that becomes brutal. (and I'm sure it was brutal on day one for those with a lesser social network)
    Caell likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

lol found the BREKT guy
  10. Requiesce Journeyman

No, silly girl. That's Bertoxxulous last Tuesday night.
  11. Spellfire Augur

44 on Bertox is really sad. I'm not a fan of server merges, but I guess it would be better then this.
  12. Requiesce Journeyman

It's pretty bad here. Most of TBL is just AFK bots farming Empyr or Aalishai (I'm actually watching a group pull Shockstone PHs from across the zone right now).

That's why I find it pretty hilarious when people say "GROUP UP!". The RMTers don't seem to be very social.
    Graves likes this.
  13. Sathayorn Augur

OK, if you're playing on a dead server, that's on you, they make character transfer tokens, and had people not kept abusing the system, there would still be free transfers to FV. But so many people had their accounts "hacked", characters transferred "against their will" and stuff stripped and sold. Don't get me wrong, maybe one in two-hundred of these cases were legitimate. Pay the fee, transfer to a living server.

Firiona Vie usually has 400 people in General, and 300+ in general1, I imagine there's some real servers with high player counts too.

Otherwise if leaving a dead server is too much a commitment for you, try to make friends with the RMT players, rather than casting judgment on them. They could be decent people. Besides, they're like, all that's left.
  14. Laronk Augur

With pick zones and such I really do think some servers need merges; once they fix the tool. 44 in general with a bunch of those people probably AFK doesn't give very many grouping opportunities.
    Requiesce and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Requiesce Journeyman

I appreciate the advice, but I've been on my server for 18 years. Picking up and moving to another one really isn't that simple, especially a one-way ticket to FV.

A server merger would be very welcome, though. I would much rather see a server I've spent over half my life on revitalized than shrunk into non-existence.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Whulfgar like this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

oh.. dear.. this fella tryin to use general channel joined people ..

As a legit way to measure his server's population.. No time stamp to prove when it was taken .. (prolly like 3am on wensday morning or something stupid like this..)

LMFAO
  17. Whulfgar Augur

agreed.
  18. Anastasis Elder

I did not know you only need 1 beta token. I got 1 from TBL, and was not able to get the beta reward. The only beta reward I ever gotten was back in RoF, since then, each expansion I got 2 or 3 tokens, but never gotten any reward. I am not in a beta raiding guild, so my experience may be different than the people in beta raiding guilds.
  19. Allayna Augur

Did you check /claim ? My alts never raided beta and only some of them only completed 1 mission. They all have the condom hat.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

This varies year by year. There is no real set detail other than if you get a coin from a dev for helping in raids usually that's enough.